Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 12: Đề ôn tập học kì 2 (phần 3)
Bài có đáp án. Đề ôn thi cuối học kì 2 môn tiếng anh 12 phần 3. Học sinh ôn thi bằng cách chọn đáp án của mình trong từng câu hỏi. Dưới cùng của bài trắc nghiệm, học sinh bấm vào để xem đáp án. Kéo xuống dưới để bắt đầu.
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
Although most universities in the United States are on semester system, which offers classes in the fall and spring, some schools observe a quarter system comprised of fall, winter, spring and summer quarter. The academic year, September to June, is divided into three quarters of eleven weeks each, beginning in September, January, and March; the summer quarter, June to August, is composed of shorter sessions of varying length.
There are several advantages and disadvantages to the quarter system. On the plus side, students who wish to complete three degrees in less than the customary four years may take advantage of the opportunity to study year round by enrolling in all four quarters. In addition, although most students begin their programs in the fall quarter, they may enter at the beginning of any of the other quarters. Finally, since the physical facilities are kept in operation year round, the resources are used efficiently to serve the greatest number of students. But there are several disadvantages as well. Many faculty complain that the eleven-week term is simply not long enough for them to cover the material required by most college courses. Students also find it difficult to complete the assignments in such a short period of time.
In order to combine the advantages of the quarter system with those of the semester system, some colleges and universities have instituted a three-term trimester system. In fourteen weeks, faculty and students have more time to cover material and finish course requirements, but the additional term provides more options for admission during the year and accelerates the degree programs for those students who wish to graduate early.
Question 1: How many terms are there in a quarter system?
- A. 1 regular term and four summer term.
- B. 3 regular terms and one summer term.
- C. 2 regular terms and two summer term.
- D. 4 regular terms and one summer term.
Question 2: A semester system ______.
- A. not very popular in the United States
- B. has eleven-week sessions
- C. has two major sessions a year.
- D. gives students the chance study year round.
Question 3: The word “them" in paragraph 2 refers to ______.
- A. courses
- B. faculty
- C. students
- D. weeks
Question 4: The word “instituted" in paragraph 3 is closest in meaning to ______.
- A. established
- B. attempted
- C. considered
- D. recommended
Question 5: When may students begin studying in a school that uses a quarter term?
- A. At the beginning of any quarter.
- B. Summer semester only.
- C. September.
- D. At the beginning of the academic year.
Question 6: Which of the following would be the best title for this passage?
- A. Universities in the United States.
- B. The Academic Year
- C. The Semester System.
- D. The Quarter System.
Question 7: When is the academic year?
- A. September to June.
- B. September to August.
- C. August to June.
- D. June to August.
Question 8: Which of the following characteristics does NOT apply to trimester?
- A. They are long enough to cover the material
- B. They allow students to graduate early
- C. They last eleven weeks.
- D. They provide more options for admission.
Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the sentences which is closest in meaning to the given one.
Question 9: You should keep the flowers in a warm sunny place.
- A. The flowers should keep in a warm sunny place.
- B. The flowers should be kept in a warm sunny place.
- C. The flowers in a warm sunny place should be kept.
- D. The flowers in a warm sunny place should keep.
Question 10. No one in the team can play better than John.
- A. John plays well but the others play better.
- B. Everyone in the team, but John, plays well.
- C. John as well as other players of the team plays very well.
- D. John is the best player of the team.
Question 11. If you practise harder you will have better results.
- A. The harder you practise, the better results you will have.
- B. The more hardly you practise, the better results you will have.
- C. The harder you practise, the best results you will have.
- D. The hardest you practise, the most results you will have.
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to show the underlined part that needs correction.
Question 12. It’s becoming hard and harder to find a job.
- A. It’s
- B. hard
- C. harder
- D.a job
Question 13. Could you take care in my handbag while I am going to the toilet ?
- A.take care in
- D.am going
Question 14. Read the book careful and you can find the information you need.
- A. Read
- B. careful
- C. find
- D. need
Question 15. I’ll be back in a minute, Jane. I just want to trying out my new tape recorder.
- A. back
- B. a minute
- D.trying out
Question 16. Nobody is happy than Miss Snow is.
- A. Nobody
- B. happy
- C. than
Mark the correct option A, B, C or D to fill each of the following blanks.
Question 17. Tom: “I think married women should not go to work.”
Cindy: “__________ It’s too boring to be housewives all their lives”.
- A. I don’t agree
- B. I can’t agree with you more
- C. That’s right
- D. Perhaps, I’m not sure
Question 18. The bomb _________with a loud bang which could be heard all over the town.
- A. went on
- B. went off
- C. went over
- D. went down
Question 19. The problem seems to be _______.
- A. most serious
- B. more serious than
- C. more and serious
- D. more serious
Question 20. Don’t you believe in __________ between men and women?
- A. equality
- B. equal
- C. equalize
- D. equalizer
Question 21. Mary: “I’ve got an interview for a job today.” Peter: “__________.”
- A. Thank you.
- B. See you
- C. Good luck
- D. The same to you
Question 22. Keep quiet. You ______ talk so loudly in here. Everybody is working.
- A. might
- B. must
- C. may
- D. mustn’t
Question 23. ___________ up! The bus is coming.
- A. Wash
- B. Put
- C. Hurry
- D. Wake
Question 24. Your bill __________ before you leave the hotel.
- A. should pay
- B. should be paid
- C. will pay
- D. must be paying
Question 25. They decided to postpone their journey till the end of the month because of the epidemic.
- A. take up
- B. turn round
- C. do with
- D. put off
Question 26. Books are still a cheap way to get __________ and entertainment.
- A. inform
- B. informative
- C. information
- D. informatively
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the correct word for each of the blanks from 27 to 31
We are all slowly destroying the Earth. The seas and rivers are (27) ……….. dirty to swim in. There is so much smoke in the air that it is unhealthy to (28) ……….. in many of the world’s cities. In one well-known city, for example, poisonous gases from cars pollute the air so much that traffic policemen have to wear oxygen masks. We have cut down so many trees that there are now vast areas of wasteland all over the world. As a result, farmers in parts of Africa cannot (29) ………. enough to eat. Wild animals are (30) ………… disappearing. For instance, tigers are rare in India now because we have killed too many for them to survive. We must act now before it is too (31) ………. to do anything about it. Join us now to save the earth. This is too important to ignore. Save the Earth.
- A. so
- B. too
- C. very
- D. extremely
- A. live
- B. smoke
- C. breathe
- D. leave
- A. plow
- B. erode
- C. enrich
- D. grow
- A. quicker
- B. quick
- C. slower
- D. quickly
- A. later
- B. latest
- C. late
- D. lately
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions from 32 to 36
It’s always thought that women are the second class in citizen, and men are the first. There is not a real equality of opportunity for men and women. Years ago, people were living in a man- dominated society. Women had to obey their husbands and fathers absolutely. Women’s place was in the kitchen and women’s work was housework. In many places, women were not even allowed to go to school. Women had no rights, even the right to choose a husband for themselves. Men usually occupied high positions in society so they thought they were more intelligent and important than women. Men considered women their property. Sometimes, women were mistreated by their husbands and suffered this as a fate. Many parents did not even want to have female children.
Thanks to the women’s liberation movement, women have nowadays proved that they are equal to men on every aspect. An average woman has weaker muscles than an average man but she may be as intelligent as him. Women can do everything that men can and women can do one thing that no men can; they produce children.
Question 32: Years ago, women’s place was _________.
- A. in the kitchen
- B. at school
- C. in the Congress
- D. in society
Question 33: In a man- dominated society, ___________.
- A. most parents liked girl babies.
- B. most parents did not want to have daughters.
- C. all parents expected to have daughters.
- D. most parents did not like sons.
Question 34: In a man- dominated society, men regarded women as their ___________.
- A. property
- B. housework
- C. great love
- D. queen
Question 35: Nowadays women have proved that they are ________ men.
- A. more important than
- B. more intelligent than
- C. stronger than
- D. equal to
Question 36: In a man- dominated society, _________.
- A. were respected by men.
- B. women had no right.
- C. women were the first class.
- D. women got a good education.
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the rest in each of the following questions.
- A. Christmas
- B. chemistry
- C. character
- D. chocolate
- A. seat
- B. meat
- C. heat
- D. great
- A. chairs
- B. grapes
- C. hats
- D. roofs
- A. wanted
- B. established
- C. liked
- D. poached
Xem đáp án
Xem thêm bài viết khác
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 12: Đề ôn tập học kì 2 (phần 9)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 12 unit 14: International organizations (P2)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 12 unit 12: Water sports (P2) Tiếng Anh lớp 12
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 12 unit 9: Deserts (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 12 unit 2: Cultural diversity (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 12 unit 16: The association of Southeast Asian nations (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 12 unit 9: Deserts (P2)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 12: Đề ôn tập học kì 2 (phần 12)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 12: Đề ôn tập học kì 2 (phần 10)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 12 unit 15: Women in society (P2)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 12 unit 7: Economic reforms (P2)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 12 unit 8: Life in the future (P1)