Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 12 unit 12: Water sports (P2)
Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 12 unit 12: Water sports
Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 12 unit 12: Water sports (P2) được Khoahoc sưu tầm và đăng tải. Gồm bộ câu hỏi trắc nghiệm đúng sai để các em chọn ra đáp án đúng để học sinh luyện tập. Dưới cùng của bài trắc nghiệm, có phần xem kết quả để biết bài làm của mình. Để tìm hiểu chi tiết bài trắc nghiệm các em tham khảo phần nội dung dưới đây nhé
Choose the word which is stressed differently from the rest.
- a. water
- b. football
- c. begin
- d. meter
- a. personal
- b. penalty
- c. defensive
- d. vertical
- a. award
- b. prevent
- c. visit
- d. except
- a. goalie
- b. advanced
- c. above
- d. depend
- a. overtime
- b. decision
- c. period
- d. penalize
Choose a, b, c or d that best completes each unfinished sentence, substitutes the underlined part, or has a close meaning to the original one.
Question 6: How many players are there in _____ water polo team?
- a. a
- b. an
- c. the
- d. Ø
Question 7: ____ swimming is considered to be _____ good way of losing weight.
- a. Ø / a
- b. The /a
- c. A/ the
- d. The / the
Question 8: They are going to ______ the pool to 1.8 meter.
- a. deep
- b. depth
- c. deepen
- d. deeply
Question 9: The referee had no hesitation in awarding the visiting team a ____.
- a. penalty
- b. penalize
- c. penal
- d. penalization
Question 10: The crowd cheered as the goalkeeper deflected the _____.
- a. shoot
- b. shooting
- c. shooter
- d. shot
Question 11. ____ defense, the players work to regain possession of the ball and prevent a goal.
- a. About
- b. Over
- c. Without
- d. On
Question 12: Players can move the ball by throwing it _____ a teammate or swimming while pushing the ball in front of them.
- a. for
- b. into
- c. to
- d. from
Question 13: Shots usually succeed when the goalie is out ____ position.
- a. into
- b. for
- c. of
- d. off
Question 14: In water polo, a shot is successful if the ball completely passes between the goal posts and underneath the ____.
- a. net
- b. crossbar
- c. ball
- d. goalie
Question 15: A defensive player may only hold, block or pull a / an _____ who is touching or holding the ball.
- a. audience
- b. referee
- c. goalie
- d. opponent
Question 16: If a defender _____ a foul within the five meter area that prevents a likely goal, the attacking team is awarded a penalty throw or shot.
- a. commits
- b. interferes
- c. punches
- d. touches
Question 17: The more goals the players _____ , the more exciting the match became.
- a. marked
- b. made
- c. scored
- d. sprinted
Question 18: After a tie, there are two overtime periods of three minutes each.
- a. penalty
- b. draw
- c. score
- d. goal
Question 19: The goalkeeper can also be ejected for twenty seconds if a major foul is committed.
- a. advanced
- b. sprinted
- c. played
- d. excluded
Question 20: A goalie who aggressively fouls an attacker in position to score can be charged with a _____ shot for the other team.
- a. penalty
- b. preventing
- c. scoring
- d. ranging
Question 21: _____ is a sport in which people or teams race against each other in boats with oars.
- a. Rowing
- b. Windsurfing
- c. Swimming
- d. Water polo
Question 22: I have never taken part in any water sports ______ I cannot swim.
- a. because
- b. because of
- c. due to
- d. partly because of
Question 23: Many people do not like scuba diving ______.
- a. because it is dangerous
- b. because of it is dangerous
- c. because its danger
- d. due to it is dangerous
Question 24: New Zealand _____ 1,000 miles southeast of Australia.
- a. lies about
- b. is lain
- c. is lying
- d. is laid about
Question 25: John _____ across the lawn.
- a. danced wildly
- b. was wildly danced
- c. was dancing wild
- d. was being danced wildly
Question 26: Johny _____ every summer.
- a. plays softball and tennis
- b. plays with softball and tennis
- c. is played softball and tennis
- d. is played with softball and tennis
Question 27: The eagle ______ higher and higher in the sky.
- a. soar
- b. soared
- c. is soared
- d. was soared
Question 28: The ship ______ during the night.
- a. has remained the harbor
- b. was remained the harbor
- c. remained the harbor
- d. remained in the harbor
Question 29: The baby ______.
- a. was sleeping depth
- b. was slept deeply
- c. slept in depth
- d. was sleeping deeply
Question 30: They ______ by the sea.
- a. are staying at a hotel
- b. are staying a hotel
- c. are being stayed a hotel
- d. are being stayed at a hotel
Choose the best that can completes the following.
Question 31: ______ consisting of swimmers performing a synchronized routine of elaborate and dramatic moves in the water, accompanied by music.
- a. Synchronized swimming is a hybrid of swimming, gymnastics, and dance
- b. Synchronized swimming which a water sport, a hybrid of swimming, gymnastics, and dance
- c. Synchronized swimming, a hybrid of swimming, gymnastics, and dance
- d. Synchronized swimming, it is a hybrid of swimming, gymnastics, and dance
Question 32: Synchronized swimming demands some water skills, and requires incredible strength, endurance, flexibility, grace, artistry and precise timing, _____.
- a. while upside down underwater with exceptional breath control
- b. because of exceptional breath control while upside down underwater
- c. also exceptional breath control is required while upside down underwater
- d. as well as exceptional breath control while upside down underwater
Question 33: Developed in the early 1900s in Canada, synchronized swimming is a sport performed almost exclusively by women. ______.
- a. As for its early form, sometimes it was called “water ballet”
- b. In its early form, it was sometimes known as “water ballet”
- c. Since its early form, sometimes it knew as “water ballet”
- d. With its early form, “water ballet” was sometimes known
Question 34. When performing routines, competitors will typically wear a nose-clip. ______, to reflect the type of music to which they are swimming.
- a. The competitors who wear custom swimsuits and headpieces, usually elaborately decorated
- b. They also wear custom swimsuits and headpieces, usually elaborately decorated
- c. They also wear custom swimsuits and headpieces, which are usually elaborately decorating
- d. Usually elaborately decorated, the competitors also wear custom swimsuits and headpieces
Question 35: In synchronized swimming, the costume and music are not judged directly, ______. Underwater speakers ensure that swimmers can hear the music at all times.
- a. with factors into the overall performance and “artistic impression”
- b. as a result they are factors into the overall performance and “artistic impression”
- c. but they are factors into the overall performance and “artistic impression”
- d. because they are factors into the overall performance as well as “artistic impression”
Read the passage carefully and choose the correct answer.
There is very little documentation about the origins of water polo. It is known, however, that the sport originated in the rivers and lakes of mid-19th century England as an aquatic version of rugby. Early games used an inflated rubber ball that came from India known as a “pulu” (the single Indian word for all “balls”). Pronounced “polo” by the English, both the game and the ball became known as “water polo.” To attract more spectators to swimming exhibitions, the London Swimming Association designed a set of water polo rules for indoor swimming pools in 1870. At first, players scored by planting the ball on the end of the pool with both hands. A favorite trick of the players was to place the five-to-nine inch rubber ball inside their swimming suit and dive under the murky water, they would then appear again as close to the goal as possible. The introduction of the rules by Scottish players changed the nature of water polo. It became a game that emphasized swimming, speed and passing.
Scottish rules moved from a rugby variant to a soccer style of play. Goals became a cage of 10 x 3 feet and a goal could be scored by being thrown. Players could only be tackled when they “held” the ball and the ball could no longer be taken under water. The small rubber ball was replaced by a leather soccer ball. If the player came up too near the goal, he was promptly jumped on by the goalie, who was permitted to stand on the pool deck. Games were often nothing more than gang fights in the water as players ignored the ball, preferring underwater wrestling matches that usually ended with one man floating to the surface unconscious. Water polo was first played in the USA in 1888. The game featured the old rugby style of play which resembled American football in the water. “American style” water polo became very popular and by the late 1890’s was played in such venues as Madison Square Garden and Boston’s Mechanics Hall, attracting 14,000 spectators to national championship games.
Question 36: According to the text, _____.
- a. the origins of water polo are written thoroughly in a lot of documents
- b. water polo is an aquatic version of rugby
- c. water polo first appeared somewhere outside England
- d. people have played water polo since the early 19 century.
Question 37: The present rules of water polo were invented ______.
- a. by Scottish players
- b. by Indian players
- c. the London Swimming Association
- d. in 1870
Question 38: In water polo, the players score a goal by ______.
- a. swimming
- b. passing
- c. catching
- d. throwing
Question 39: The present water polo ball is made of ______.
- a. rubber
- b. leather
- c. bone
- d. wood
Question 40: Water polo became popular in America in ______.
- a. the middle of the 19 century
- b. in 1870
- c. in 1888
- d. by the late 1890’s
Fill in each numbered blank with one suitable word or phrase.
Sailing or boating may seem to be very interesting with the high level of technical elements (Question 41) ______ in the sport. Whether you choose a small (Question 42) ______ or a catamaran, whether you choose lake or ocean sailing, there are (Question 43) ______ number of things you need to master before you can start enjoying the pure (Question 44) _____of being on the water.
Getting the sailing skills which you need to start sailing your own boat is easy if you just sign up with a sailing school. You can learn to sail (Question 45) _____ any age. There are no (Question 46)______. The best schools and instructors will teach you all you need to know about sailing in a friendly and pleasant manner.
As with all sports, sailing will get you into (Question 47) ______ with new friends. There is a closeness that develops out at sea, however, (Question 48) _____ not many other sports have. Being on the water in any capacity demands a healthy outlook and way of life. Sailing and boating are two sports that (Question 49) ______ all our senses to be at their peak. Sailing calls upon physical strength, intelligence and intuition. It is one sport that allows you to leave all your daily concerns and (Question 50) _____ back on the land and to be off with only your bare self.
- a. invented
- b. consisted
- c. involved
- d. contained
- a. fleet
- b. submarine
- c. ferry
- d. boat
- a. a
- b. an
- c. the
- d. Ø
- a. please
- b. pleasure
- c. pleasant
- d. pleasantly
- a. with
- b. at
- c. in
- d. for
- a. investment
- b. disappearance
- c. discoveries
- d. restrictions
- a. allowance
- b. pace
- c. contact
- d. keeping
- a. which
- b. that
- c. when
- d. whom
- a. ask
- b. say
- c. tell
- d. demand
- a. cultures
- b. habits
- c. traditions
- d. customs
Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 12 unit 12: Water sports (P2) được Khoahoc chia sẻ trên đây. Hy vọng với tài liệu này sẽ giúp ích cho các em có thêm tài liệu ôn tập, rèn luyện chuẩn bị tốt cho các bài kiểm tra sắp tới. Chúc các em học tốt, nếu thấy tài liệu hay, hãy chia sẻ cho các bạn cùng tham khảo nhé.
Xem thêm bài viết khác
- Giải GDQP- AN 12 bài 6 GDQP- AN 12 bài 6: Các tư thế, động tác cơ bản vận động trên chiến trường
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng Anh 12 unit 1: Home life (P2) Tiếng anh lớp 12
- Điều tôi muốn biết trước tiên không phải là bạn đã thất bại ra sao mà là bạn đã chấp nhận nó như thế nào Văn mẫu lớp 12
- Phương án tuyển sinh Đại học Sư phạm Hà Nội năm 2022 Thông tin tuyển sinh THPT
- Đặt câu theo mẫu Ai thế nào? để nói về: Tình cảm của bố mẹ nuôi với bạn Ngọc; tình cảm của bạn Ngọc với bố mẹ nuôi Tiếng Việt lớp 2
- Đáp án bộ câu hỏi trắc nghiệm ôn thi môn Địa vùng Đông Nam Bộ Ôn tập Địa lí 12
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 12: Đề ôn tập học kì 2 (phần 6)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 12 unit 8: Life in the future (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng Anh 12 unit 1: Home life (P1) Trắc nghiệm tiếng Anh lớp 12
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 12: Đề ôn tập học kì 2 (phần 11)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 12: Đề ôn tập học kì 2 (phần 14)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 12 unit 8: Life in the future (P2)