Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 12 unit 16: The association of Southeast Asian nations (P2)
Bài có đáp án. Câu hỏi và bài tập trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 12: Unit 16: The association of Southeast Asian nations (P2). Học sinh luyện tập bằng cách chọn đáp án của mình trong từng câu hỏi. Dưới cùng của bài trắc nghiệm, có phần xem kết quả để biết bài làm của mình. Kéo xuống dưới để bắt đầu.
Choose the word which has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest.
- a. diverse
- b. admit
- c. science
- d. enterprise
- a. growth
- b. although
- c. within
- d. southern
- a. stable
- b. average
- c. population
- d. rate
- a. combined
- b. planned
- c. recorded
- d. aimed
- a. justice
- b. service
- c. practice
- d. advice
Choose a, b, c, or d that best completes each unfinished sentence, substitutes the underlined part, or has a close meaning to the original one.
Quesstion 6: Throughout the 1970s, ASEAN embarked on a program of economic _____.
- a. cooperate
- b. cooperation
- c. cooperative
- d. cooperatively
Quesstion 7: 2007 was the 40 anniversary of the ______ of ASEAN.
- a. found
- b. founder
- c. foundation
- d. founding
Quesstion 8: Vietnam asked for _____ to ASEAN in 1995.
- a. admit
- b. admission
- c. admissive
- d. admissible
Quesstion 9: Companies now can exploit the opportunities presented by ______ integrated market of increasingly prosperous consumers in the region of ASEAN.
- a. a
- b. an
- c. the
- d. Ø
Quesstion 10: Among ASEAN’s ______ greatest challenges are the integration of market diversity and the transitional economies of its member countries.
- a. a
- b. an
- c. the
- d. Ø
Quesstion11: Integrating with ______ world’s economy, ASEAN finds itself facing important opportunities and challenges.
- a. a
- b. an
- c. the
- d. Ø
Quesstion 12: They will campaign for the return of traditional lands and respect ______ national rights and customs.
- a. to
- b. with
- c. on
- d. for
Quesstion 13: Our country is trying its best to accelerate the rate _____ economic growth
- a. of
- b. at
- c. for
- d. from
Quesstion 14: Regional development activities have been carried out _____ ASEAN cooperation.
- a. under
- b. for
- c. into
- d. off
Quesstion 15: ASEAN economic cooperation ______ manny areas, such as agriculture, industry, services, transportations, and tourism.
- a. creates
- b. contains
- c. consists
- d. covers
Quesstion 16: ASEAN bodies in addressing global and regional concerns such as food security, ____ and disaster management.
- a. realization
- b. energy
- c. plan
- d. diversity
Question 17: The 8th ASEAN Science and Technology Week is now being _____ in Manila from 1 to 11 July 2008.
- a. held
- b. joined
- c. related
- d. combined
Quesstion 18: The ASEAN Science and Technology Week aims to promote science and technology _______ in the region.
- a. tourism
- b. solution
- c. forestry
- d. development
Quesstion 19: In economics, a country’s _____ is the total value of goods and services produced within a country in a year, not including its income from investments in other countries.
- a. free trade area
- b. association
- c. gross domestic product
- d. economic cooperation
Quesstion 20: He says the government must introduce tax incentives to encourage _____.
- a. dedication
- b. growth
- c. unemployment
- d. investment
Question 21: The local authority must face the ________ that they do not have enough conditions to develop economy.
- a. trade
- b. statistics
- c. encouragement
- d. realization
Quesstion 22: I have been learning English ____ I was twenty years old.
- a. since
- b. as soon as
- c. while
- d. till
Quesstion 23: _____, can you tell him that I have a book for him, please?
- a. When you will sse Jason
- b. When will you see Jason
- c. When do you see Jason
- d. When you see Jason
Quesstion 24: Since I ____ to the town, I _____home.
- a. moved / have not returned
- b. will move / will not return
- c. have moved / was not returning
- d. move / am not returning
Quesstion 25: I’m not leaving _____ I get an apology from you.
- a. as far as
- b. no longer than
- c. after
- d. until
Quesstion 26: The teacher ______ before we arrived.
- a. will leave
- b. was leaving
- c. has left
- d. had left
Quesstion 27: I flew for the first time last year ______ I went to Brazil.
- a. as
- b. until
- c. no sooner
- d. till
Quesstion 28: ________I realized where I was.
- a. No sooner I have opened my eyes than
- b. No sooner have I opened my eyes than
- c. No sooner I had opened my eyes than
- d. No sooner had I opened my eyes than
Quesstion 29: Mary will have finished all her work _____.
- a. as soon as her boss returned
- b. until her boss will return
- c. by the time her boss returns
- d. when her boss will return
Question 30: _____ for my train the morning, I met an old school friend
- a. When I had been waiting
- b. While I was waiting
- c. As I will be waiting
- d. Until I had been waiting
Choose the sentence which has the closest meaning to the original one.
Quesstion 31. As soon as you arrive, give me a call.
- a. Give me a call immediately on arrival.
- b. Wait until I call you to arrive.
- c. I will phone you on my arrival.
- d. Whenever you call me, I will arrive
Quesstion 32: Lucy always reminds me of my youngest sister.
- a. My youngest sister’s name is Lucy.
- b. Whenever I see Lucy, I think of my youngest sister.
- c. It is Lucy who is my youngest sister.
- d. I always think of Lucy, my youngest sister.
Quesstion 33: By the time we finished our work, Peter had already gone home.
- a. Peter did not go home until we finished our work.
- b. As soon as we finished our work, we would go home with Peter.
- c. We finished our work before Peter went home.
- d. Peter had gone home before we finished our work.
Quesstion 34: It has been years since I last ate fish. ,
- a. I have not eaten fish for years.
- b. For many years, I have eaten only fish.
- c. I like eating fish for years.
- d. It is fish that I have eaten for many years.
Quesstion 35: It will not be long until he is at the meeting.
- a. It will take him a long time to attend the meeting.
- b. He will be at the meeting soon.
- c. The meeting will last for a long time.
- d. He has been at the meeting for a long time.
Read the passage carefully and choose the correct answer.
On 8 August 1967, five leaders - the Foreign Ministers of Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore and Thailand - sat down together in the main hall of the Department of Foreign Affairs building in Bangkok, Thailand and signed a document. By virtue of that document, the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) was born. The five Foreign Ministers who signed it have been considered as the founders of probably the most successful inter-governmental organization in the developing world today. The document that they signed would be known as the ASEAN Declaration.
It is a short, simply-worded document containing just five articles. It declares the establishment of an Association for Regional Cooperation among the Countries of Southeast Asia to be known as the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and spells out the aims and purposes of that Association. These aims and purposes are about the cooperation in economy, society, culture, techniques, education and other fields, and in the promotion of regional peace and stability through abiding respect for justice and the principles of the United Nations Charter. It stipulates that the Association will be open for participation by all States in the Southeast Asian region subscribing to its aims, principles and purposes. It proclaims ASEAN as representing the collective will of the nations of Southeast Asia to bind themselves together in friendship and cooperation and, through joint efforts and sacrifices, secure for their peoples and for posterity the blessings of peace, freedom and prosperity. The goal of ASEAN, then, is to create, not to destroy.
The original ASEAN logo presented five brown sheaves of rice stalks, one for each founding member. Beneath the sheaves is the legend “ASEAN” in blue. These are set on a field of yellow encircled by a blue border. Brown stands for strength and stability, yellow for prosperity and blue for the spirit of cordiality in which ASEAN affairs are conducted. When ASEAN celebrated its 30th Anniversary in 1997, the sheaves on the logo had increased to ten - representing all ten countries of Southeast Asia and reflecting the colors of the flags of all of them. In a very real sense, ASEAN and Southeast Asia will be one and the same, just as the founders had envisioned.
Quesstion 36: The Association of Southeast Asian Nations ______.
- a. consists of some Western nations
- b. was established by the Philippines
- c. was founded on 8 August 1967
- d. was established by the Minister of the Department of Foreign Affairs of Thailand
Quesstion 37: The pronoun it in the first paragraph refers to _____.
- a. the Association of Southeast Asian Nations
- b. the most successful inter-governmental organization
- c. Bangkok
- d. the ASEAN Declaration
Quesstion 38: Which adjective can be used to describe the Association of Southeast Asian Nations?
- a. successful
- b. illegal
- c. nongovernmental
- d. developing
Quesstion 39: Which does not belong to the purpose and aim of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations?
- a. friendship
- b. destruction
- c. creation
- d. cooperation
Quesstion 40: Up to 1997 how many countries have there been in ASEAN?
- a. 5
- b. 6
- c. 8
- d. 10
Fill in each numbered blank with one suitable word or phrase.
ASEAN Handicraft Promotion and Development Association (AHPADA) was established as a result of a Workshop on Handicraft for Export which was (Quesstion 41) _____ by the Royal Thai Government in February 1981 in Bangkok. AHPADA was formed as a forum for both the government and private sectors that are concerned with meeting and complementing each other in the promotion and development of handicrafts (Quesstion 42) _____. AHPADA is affiliated to the ASEAN and the World Craft Council. The (Quesstion 43)_____ members were Thailand, Malaysia, the Philippines and Indonesia. Singapore and Brunei join in a little (Quesstion 44) ____. Cambodia, Lao, Myanmar and Vietnam joined in September 1999.
AHPADA’s objectives are
- To take common approach to develop and promote the marketing of crafts (Quesstion 45) _____ and outside the ASEAN Region,
- To operate as a main point of promotion of ASEAN handicrafts and raw (Quesstion 46) _____ required for production, trade fairs and exhibitions,
- To strengthen and improve the status of craftspeople,
- To create employment opportunities especially in the rural areas,
- To (Quesstion 47) _____ traditional craft skills within the context of conservation of cultural heritage,
- To educate and create awareness and appreciation of the authentic handicrafts of ASEAN Countries,
- And to build up an archive of ASEAN CRAFT information.
With the recent economic downturn in (Quesstion 48) _____ ASEAN Countries, AHPADA’s objectives are more relevant than they have ever been before. Most producers are among the rural areas and (Quesstion 49) _____ majority of them are very small entrepreneurs. AHPADA works at both national level through the national focal points and at the international level through the Board of AHPADA and the Regional Secretariat which is permanently based in Bangkok, Thailand. (Quesstion 50) _____ 1981 AHPADA has been able to act as a catalyst and initiators in the promotion and development of ASEAN CRAFTS through seminars, workshops and exhibitions, often in partnership with several multinational and international organizations.
- a. hosted
- b. joined
- c. promoted
- d. produced
- a. acts
- b. actions
- c. acting
- d. activities
- a. finding
- b. founding
- c. hiding
- d. recording
- a. latest
- b. last
- c. late
- d. later
- a. within
- b. into
- c. onto
- d. away
- a. machines
- b. equipment
- c. materials
- d. devices
- a. save
- b. preserve
- c. store
- d. keep
- a. most
- b. the most
- c. mostly
- d. the more
- a. a
- b. an
- c. the
- d. Ø
- a. When
- b. While
- c. Since
- d. As
Xem thêm bài viết khác
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 12 unit 9: Deserts (P2)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 12 unit 4: School education system (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 12 unit 7: Economic reforms (P2)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 12 unit 5: Higher education (P1)
- Tiếng anh 12: Bộ 15 đề thi kiểm tra học kì 2 dạng trắc nghiệm (có đáp án)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 12 unit 12: Water sports (P2) Tiếng Anh lớp 12
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 12: Đề ôn tập học kì 2 (phần 1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 12 unit 2: Cultural diversity (P2)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 12: Đề ôn tập học kì 2 (phần 12)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 12: Đề ôn tập học kì 2 (phần 11)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 12: Đề ôn tập học kì 2 (phần 2)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng Anh 12 unit 1: Home life (P2) Tiếng anh lớp 12