Listening Unit 2: Cultural diversity Đa dạng văn hóa
Bài viết này cung cấp các từ vựng, cấu trúc cần lưu ý cũng như hướng dẫn làm các bài tập trong phần nghe chủ đề đa dạng văn hóa.
Before you read: Listen and repeat.
Task 1 + Task 2: Đoạn hội thoại giữa khách du lịch và hướng dẫn viên
I. Từ vựng
- altar ['ɔ:ltə] (n): bàn thờ
- banquet ['bæηkwit] (n): buổi tiệc, yến tiệc
- ceremony ['seriməni] (n): nghi lễ
- tray [trei] (n): cái khay
- ancestor (n) ['ænsistə]: tổ tiên
- blessing ['blesiη] (n): lời cầu chúc
II. Cấu trúc cần nhớ
- to be charge of sb/sth: đảm trách
- to ask their ancestors’ permission: xin phép ông bà
- to be/get married to sb: lấy ai
- the newly wedded couples: những cặp vợ chồng mới cưới
III. Hướng dẫn giải bài tập
1. Before you listen
Work with a partner. Discuss the following questions.
(Làm việc với một bạn cùng học. Thảo luận những câu hỏi sau.)
1. Have you ever attended a wedding ceremony: Bạn đã bao giờ tham gia một lễ cưới chưa?
Yes. I often have
2. What do the bride and the groom usually do at wedding ceremony? (Cô dâu và chú rể thường làm gì trong đám cưới?)
The bride and the groom usually stand in front of their ancestors’ altar praying and asking them to bless their love and they wear rings and other jewelry to each other. Afterwards, the bride’s and the groom’s parents and relatives give them presents or jewels. Then the bride and the groom come over to present themselves to their grandparents, families’members and relatives. At the end, they have a party either at home or at a restaurant.
Listen and repeat:
- Altar: bàn thờ
- Master of Ceremony: Chủ hôn
- Banquet: Tiệc lớn
- Groom: chú rể
- Bride: cô dâu
- Ancestor: Tổ tiên
- Tray: khay
- Schedule: lịch trình
- Blessing: khấn
2. While you listen:
Tapescipt: Nội dung phần nghe: WEDDING in VIET NAM
- Tourist : Can you tell me something about the wedding ceremony in Vietnam?
- Tourist Guide: Well, wedding is very important to the Vietnamese, not only to the couple involved but also for both families. The wedding day is usually chosen by the groom's parents.
- Tourist : What does the groom’s family do on the wedding day?
- Tourist Guide: On the wedding day, the groom's family and relatives go to the bride’s house bringing gifts wrapped in red papers. Those who hold the trays of gifts are also carefully chosen.
- Tourist.: Do you have the Master of Ceremonies? And what does he do during ihe wedding ceremony?
- Tourist Guide: The Master of Ceremonies introduces the groom, the bride, the parents, the relatives and guests of the two families. The wedding ceremony starts in front of the altar. The bride and the groom would pray, asking their ancestors' permission to be married. The Master of Ceremonies would give the wedding couple advice on starting a new family. The groom and the bride then exchange their wedding rings.
- Tourist.: Where is the wedding banquet held?
- Tourist Guide: Well, it depends. Often the wedding banquet is scheduled at the groom or bride’s home or at a restaurant and all close relatives, friends and neighbours are invited.
- Tourist. What kind of food and drinks are served? Traditional food and beer or wine are. During the reception, the groom and bride and their parents stop by each table to thank their guests. The guests, in return, will give envelopes containing wedding cards and money gifts to the newly wedded couples alone with their blessings.
- Tourist.: Oh. That’s very interesting. Thank you.
- Tourist Guide: You're welcome.
Task 1: Listen to the passage and fill in the missing information. (Nghe đoạn văn và điền những thông tin thiếu.)
1. The wedding day is carefully chosen by the groom’s parents.
2. The gifts are wrapped in red paper
3. The wedding cereony starts in front of the altar.
4. Food and drinks are served at the wedding banquet.
5. The guests give the newly wedded couples envelopes containing money and wedding card.
Task 2: Listen again and answer the questions. (Nghe lại và trả lời các câu hỏi.)
1. What is the most important thing the groom’s family has to do on the wedding day.
The most important thing the groom's family has to do on the wedding day is to go the bride’s house bringing gifts wrapped in red paper.
2. What would the gorrm and the bride usually do during the wedding ceremony?
They would pray and ask their ancestors to bless their love in from of the family's altar.
3. When do the groom and the bride exchange their wedding rings?
After they pray to their ancestors .
4. Where is the wedding banquet usually held?
The wedding banquet is usually held either at the groom's and bride’s home or at a restaurant.
5. What do the groom, the bride and their parents do at the wedding banquet?
They come up to each table to thank their guests.
3. After you listen
Work in groups. Discuss the questions, "What do families often do to prepare for a wedding ceremony?
(Làm việc từng nhóm. Thảo luận câu hỏi. "Các gia đình thường làm gì để chuẩn bị lễ cưới'')
- A: The wedding ceremony is a very important occasion to every Vietnamese family."
- B: Sure it is. It's one of the most important of the Vietnamese traditional ceremonies. Therefore it must be well prepared.
- A: There’s no doubt about it. Then, what do related families do for it?
- B: I think the ceremony must he prepared tor weeks before the scheduled day.
- A. What should they do?
- B. Well. As I know, both families must decorate their houses, especially the family altars. All things must be clean or new, and gorgeous!
- C: Next they send letters of invitation to relatives, friends and neighbours, usually ten days before. To the people who live nearby, they must come to invite them in person.
- A: Simultaneously, they have to make a reservation at a restaurant for the wedding reception, or do all things necessary for it.
- A: And the most important thing the groom’s parents must do is they must prepare all things, for example jewels, money, presents, for the wedding day.
- B: Besides, the groom’s parents should choose the people who will accompany the groom - bringing the trays of gifts - to go to the bride's house.
Xem thêm bài viết khác
- Test yourself E Unit 13 : The 22nd Sea Games
- Reading Unit 9 : Deserts
- Speaking Unit 9 : Deserts
- Writing Unit 6: Future jobs Công việc tương lai
- Speaking Unit 15 : Women in society
- Writing Unit 3: Ways of socialising Cách thức giao tiếp xã hội
- Speaking Unit 1: Home life Đời sống gia đình
- Speaking Unit 16 : The Association of Southeast Asian nations
- Speaking Unit 7: Economic Reforms
- Language focus Unit 10 : Endangered Species
- Reading Unit 3: Ways of socialising Cách thức giao tiếp xã hội
- Speaking Unit 5: Higher education Giáo dục đại học