Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 11 unit 3: A party (P2)
Bài có đáp án. Câu hỏi và bài tập trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 11: Unit 3: A party (P2). Học sinh luyện tập bằng cách chọn đáp án của mình trong từng câu hỏi. Dưới cùng của bài trắc nghiệm, có phần xem kết quả để biết bài làm của mình. Kéo xuống dưới để bắt đầu.
Choose the word which is stressed differently from the rest.
- a. ordinary
- b. celebration
- c. virtually
- d. prominently
- a. invite
- b. neighbor
- c. childless
- d. finger
- a. candle
- b. declare
- c. outfit
- d. middle
- a. delightful
- b. important
- c. everyone
- d. develop
- a. forward
- b. feeling
- c. arrive
- d. birthday
Choose a, b, c, or d that best completes each unfinished sentence; substitutes the underlined part; or has a close meaning to the original one.
Question 6: I think _____ birthday is the most wonderful day of the year.
- a. a
- b. an
- c. the
- d. Ø
Question 7: She went to a ______ store to buy a hat for her son on his birthday.
- a. cloth
- b. cloths
- c. clothing
- d. clothes
Question 8: Because of the drought, many people starved to ____.
- a. die
- b. dead
- c. deadly
- d. death
Question 9: She was wearing a beautiful _____ dress on her birthday party last night.
- a. flower
- b. flowery
- c. flowering
- d. floweret
Question 10: Your _____ is the anniversary of the date on which you were born.
- a. wedding
- b. birthday
- c. party
- d. congratulation
Question 11: I like to have dinner with my fiancée in _____ light much more than electric light because it seems to be romantic.
- a. candle
- b. candy
- c. present
- d. lamp
Question 12: The bride’s father will make a speech at the wedding ____ to say thank you to the guests.
- a. anniversary
- b. party
- c. presentation
- d. holiday
Question 13: If you ____ that balloon up any more, it will burst.
- a. hold
- b. open
- c. cut
- d. blow
Question 14: Children often receive presents from their parents at Christmas.
- a. candles
- b. candy
- c. cards
- d. gifts
Question 15: Mr. Pike has just received a letter ____ his daughter, who lives in Australia.
- a. of
- b. from
- c. at
- d. for
Question 16: In the United States, people ____ all ages celebrate birthdays.
- a. in
- b. from
- c. of
- d. at
Question 17: At last, she decided to get divorced ____ her cruel husband.
- a. from
- b. with
- c. of
- d. to
Question 18: Instead of _____ out with Janet, we decided _____ home.
- a. going / to stay
- b. to go / staying
- c. going / staying
- d. to go / to stay
Question 19: Despite ____ very rich, she is often generous to the poor.
- a. is not
- b. not being
- c. not to be
- d. not be
Question 20: Would you mind ____ me your pocket calculator?
- a. lend
- b. to lend
- c. lending
- d. lent
Question 21: She is looking forward to ____ her parents’ letter from Italy.
- a. receive
- b. received
- c. to receive
- d. receiving
Question 22: They had planned ____ a new branch but then they had to delay _____ the office because of financial difficulty.
- a. opening / to build
- b. opening / building
- c. to open/to build
- d. to open / building
Question 23: She wanted _____ home but the boss made her _____ until she finished _____ those contracts.
- a. to go / stay / typing
- b. going / to stay / to type
- c. to go / staying / type
- d. go / stay / typed
Question 24: John could not help _____ angry when he learnt that they had refused ______ him a promotion.
- a. getting / to offer
- b. to get / offering
- c. getting / offering
- d. to get / to offer
Question 25: I regret ____ that I was not interested in the work. The boss overheard me _____ so he sacked me.
- a. to say / saying
- b. saying/ said
- c. saying / saying
- d. said / to say
Question 26: John suggested ____ to the new branch in Vietnam.
- a. being appointed
- b. to be appointed
- c. to appoint
- d. appointing
Question 27: Most famous people do not like ____ personal questions.
- a. asked
- b. be asked
- c. to be asked
- d. to be asking
Question 28: Thomas will never forget ______ the Queen when she visited the university where he studied.
- a. meet
- b. meeting
- c. to meet
- d. met
Question 29: Her daughter _____ hard but also behaves well.
- a. does not only study
- b. studies not only
- c. does not study only
- d. not only studies
Question 30: Peter is not used to ____ in front of the public. He often feels too nervous _____ anything.
- a. speaking / to say
- b. speak / saying
- c. spoken /for saying
- d. speaking / saying
choose the best sentence that can be made from the cues given.
Question 31: my parents’ “silver anniversary” / celebrate / 6pm next Sunday
- a. My parents’ “silver anniversary” must be celebrated at 6pm next Sunday.
- b. My parents’ “silver anniversary” that will be celebrated at 6pm next Sunday.
- c. My parents’ “silver anniversary” will be celebrated at 6pm next Sunday.
- d. It is my parents’ “silver anniversary” will be celebrated at 6pm next Sunday.
Question 32: we / invite / you / our house / enjoy / party
- a. We would like to invite you to our house and enjoy the party.
- b. We want to invite you for our house and enjoy the party.
- c. We would like to invite you to our house and enjoying the party.
- d. We would like to invite you to our house and so enjoy the party.
Question 33: my parents / prepare / very special program / the party
- a. My parents are preparing a very special program for the party.
- b. My parents who are preparing a very special program for the party.
- c. Because my parents are preparing a very special program for the party.
- d. When my parents are preparing a very special program for the party.
Question 34: I / sure / they / be / very happy / be / together / 25 years
- a. I am sure which they have been very happy to be together for 25 years.
- b. So I am sure of they have been very happy to be together for 25 years.
- c. I am sure that they have been very happy to be together for 25 years.
- d. That I am sure they have been very happy to be together for 25 years.
Question 35: we / look forward to / see / you / the party
- a. We are looking forward to see you at the party.
- b. We are looking forward to seeing you at the party.
- c. We looked forward to seeing you at the party.
- d. We are looking forward to be seen you at the party.
Read the passage carefully and choose the correct answer.
If you are invited to an American friend’s home for dinner, remember these general rules for polite behavior. First of all, arrive approximately on time but not early. Americans expect promptness. It will be all right to be 10 or 15 minutes late, but not 45 minutes late. When you are invited to someone’s home for meal, it is polite to bring a small gift. Flowers and candy are always appropriate. If you have something attractive made in your country, your host or hostess will certainly enjoy receiving that gift. What will you do if you are served some food that you cannot eat or you do not like? Do not make a fuss about it. Simply eat what you can and hope that no one notices it. Be sure to compliment the cook on the food that you are enjoying. Do not leave immediately after dinner, but do not overstay your welcome, either. The next day, call or write a thank-you note to say how much you enjoyed the evening.
Question 36: If you are invited to an American friend’s home, ____.
- a. punctuality is appreciated
- b. you should go late a bit
- c. politeness is not necessary
- d. you should be late at least 45 minutes.
Question 37: When you come to someone’s house for dinner, ____.
- a. do not care about gifts
- b. bring a lot of gifts
- c. bring some flowers, candy, or something made in your native country
- d. you should never offer any gift
Question 38: If there is some food that you cannot eat, ____.
- a. make a fuss about it
- b. ask the host to cook you another dish
- c. do not make a fuss about it
- d. do not eat anything
Question 39. Which sentence is NOT true?
- a. You should not compliment the cook on the food.
- b. You should not overstay.
- c. You should not make someone notice. that you do not like the food.
- d. You should not leave immediately after the dinner.
Question 40: The next day, ____.
- a. you needn't say thank-you
- b. remember to thank to host for the dinner
- c. say nothing to the host
- d. invite the host to your house
Fill in each numbered blank with one suitable word or phrase.
A dinner party is a formal social gathering at (Question 41)______ people eat dinner (Question 42) ____, usually in the host’s own home. At the least formal dinner parties, a buffet of food is (Question 43) ___ on a table or counter, and the (Question 44) ____ choose items from the buffet and eat standing up (45)____ they are talking and mingling. At (Question 46)_____ most formal inner parties, dinner is (Question 47) _____at a (Question 48) _____ table with place settings. Dinner parties are sometimes preceeded by a cocktail party, a social gathering in a living room or bar (Question 49) ____ guests drink alcoholic cocktails as they mingle. Women guests may wear cocktail dresses. Cocktail parties are often (Question 50) ____ as a prelude to a dinner party.
- a. that
- b. where
- c. which
- d. when
- a. one another
- b. each other
- c. the other
- d. together
- a. provided
- b. supported
- c. consisted
- d. given
- a. guests
- b. visitors
- c. customers
- d. clients
- a. as soon as
- b. as
- c. so that
- d. until
- a. a
- b. an
- c. the
- d. Ø
- a. serve
- b. served
- c. service
- d. serving
- a. dine
- b. dinner
- c. dinning
- d. diner
- a. which
- b. that
- c. in where
- d. where
- a. held
- b. worked
- c. done
- d. celebrated
Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 11 unit 3: A Party (P3)
Xem thêm bài viết khác
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 11 unit 2: Personal experiences (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 11 unit 2: Personal experiences (P2)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 11 unit 4: Volunteer work (P2)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 11 Unit 11: Sources of energy (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 11 unit 1: Friendship (P2)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 11 unit 6: Competitions (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 11 unit 2: Personal experiences (P3)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 11 unit 4: Volunteer work (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 11: Đề ôn tập học kì 2 (phần 10)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 11 Unit 15: Space conquest (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 11 unit 3: A Party (P3)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 11 unit 6: Competitions (P2)