Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 11 unit 1: Friendship (P2)
Bài có đáp án. Câu hỏi và bài tập trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 11: Unit 1: Friendship (P2). Học sinh luyện tập bằng cách chọn đáp án của mình trong từng câu hỏi. Dưới cùng của bài trắc nghiệm, có phần xem kết quả để biết bài làm của mình. Kéo xuống dưới để bắt đầu.
Choose the word which is stressed differently from the rest.
- a. acquaintance
- b. easily
- c. capable
- d. quality
- a. constancy
- b. attraction
- c. changeable
- d. mutual
- a. rumour
- b. believe
- c. common
- d. number
- a. loyalty
- b. uncertain
- c. sympathy
- d. influence
- a. gossip
- b. interest
- c. between
- d. friendship
Choose a, b, c, or d that best completes each unfinished sentence; substitutes the underlined part; or has a close meaning to the original one.
Question 6: I sometimes think ____ my schooldays when I felt the happiest.
- a. on
- b. over
- c. at
- d. of
Question 7: Mary did not approve their ideas. She had no sympathy ___ their point of view.
- a. about
- b. off
- c. with
- d. within
Question 8: Man is engaged in a _____ struggle with Nature.
- a. constant
- b. constantly
- c. constancy
- d. inconstantly
Question 9: Mary is often willing to help everybody. She is the _____ of kindness.
- a. essence
- b. essential
- c. essentially
- d. essentiality
Question 10: Those villagers are very _____ to visitors.
- a. hospitable
- b. hospitably
- c. hospitability
- d. hospitabilities
Question 11: _____ friendship is _____ two-side affair.
- a. The / a
- b. A / an
- c. A / the
- d. Ø / a
Question 12: Their friendship was based on _____ respect, trust and understanding.
- a. attractive
- b. loyal
- c. suspicious
- d. mutual
Question 13: Whispers can never influence good friends.
- a. have effect on
- b. get acquainted with
- c. show a sympathy
- d. be mutual trust
Question 14: We were obviously wrong to put our _____ in her. She is not reliable.
- a. enthusiasm
- b. trust
- c. concern
- d. selfishness
Question 15: A ____ is a conversation about other people’s private lives which might be unkind or not true.
- a. quality
- b. sorrow
- c. secret
- d. gossip
Question 16: I do not have much time for leisure _____ these days.
- a. acquaintances
- b. pursuits
- c. qualities
- d. pleasures
Question 17: The children _____ they cannot keep silent.
- a. seem to be so excited that
- b. seem being so excited that
- c. seem to be very excited that
- d. seem being very excited that
Question 18: The policeman did not permit them _____ through the military zone. He forced them _____ another way.
- a. going / to go
- b. to go/ to go
- c. to go / going
- d. go / go
Question 19: He is a helpful friend. He often helps me ____ my work.
- a. finish
- b. finishes
- c. finishing
- d. finished
Question 20: John, I have something interesting ____ you, but you have to promise _____ it secret.
- a. for telling / keeping
- b. to tell / keep
- c. to tell / to keep
- d. told / keep
Question 21: The water was so polluted that the explorers could not drink it
- a. The water was too polluted for the explorers to drink.
- b. The water was polluted enough for the explorers to drink.
- c. The water was too polluted for the explorers drinking.
- d. The water was polluted enough for the explorers drinking.
Question 22: His doctor advised him ____, but he found it impossible _____ his habit.
- a. stopped smoking / quit
- b. to stop to smoke / quitting
- c. stopping smoking / for quitting
- d. to stop smoking / to quit
Question 23: The guards were watching a shoplifter _____ along the shop windows.
- a. go
- b. to go
- c. went
- d. gone
Question 24: Their company was made _____ 100,000 USD in taxes.
- a. pay
- b. to pay
- c. paying
- d. paid
Question 25: The health authorities now know ____ bird flu.
- a. to deal with
- b. deal with
- c. dealing with
- d. how to deal with
Question 26: The Pikes has a painter _____ all the windows of their house.
- a. to paint
- b. paint
- c. painting
- d. painted
Question 27: They did not let us ___ the lecture because we had not got a member card.
- a. to attend
- b. attend
- c. attending
- d. attended
Question 28: The teacher recommended us _____ those books because they have some knowledge that is necessary for us _____.
- a. reading / get
- b. toread / get
- c. toread / to get
- d. read / getting
Question 29: He had spent _____ that he was broke.
- a. such much money
- b. such many money
- c. so much money
- d. so many money
Question 30: We did not have _____ the essay so we asked the teacher for a delay.
- a. time enough for writing
- b. time enough to write
- c. enough time for writing
- d. enough time to write
Choose the best sentence that can be made from the cues given.
Question 31:Peter / my close friends
- a. Peter is my close friends.
- b. Peter is one of my close friends.
- c. Peter is one my close friends.
- d. Peter is the one of my close friends.
Question 32: he / good-looking / blond hair
- a. He is good-looking, but blond hair.
- b. He is good-looking and blond hair.
- c. He is a good-looking with blond hair.
- d. He is good-looking with blond hair.
Question 33: square face / look / intelligent
- a. His square face looks intelligently.
- b. It is a square face looking intelligent.
- c. He has a square face looks intelligent.
- d. He has a square face which looks intelligent.
Question 34: we / be / friends / last school year
- a. We have been friends since last school year.
- b. We were friends since last school year.
- c. We have been friends last school year.
- d. We are friends since last school year.
Question 35. Peter / good / Maths
- a. Peter is very good at Maths.
- b. Peter is too good at Maths.
- c. Peter is very good for Maths.
- d. Peter is too good for Maths.
Read the passage and choose the best answer to each question.
BACK TO SCHOOL
There goes the alarm again. I guess I should get up, but I am dreading this day. I always hate going back to school after a holidays break. I am not sure why I am anxious to see my friends, I don’t have any overdue school assignments, but I still get that funny feeling in the pit of my stomach. Has something changed? Do all my friends still feel the same way? What clothes should I wear today? Everyone will wear something new. I am sure ofthat.
My biggest conflict is in my head. Part of me says, “Be your own person!” Another part of me just wants to fit into the crowd. My mom says that high school is like this, but college will be the opposite. She says I’ll meet many people with different interests, and find groups that I want to be with. I am looking forward to that freedom, but I have one more year of high school and this is my reality right now.
As much as my friends and I like to think we are above all the peer pressures and social “rules” of our school, we all know we are very much controlled by it. We wear our hair the same way, wear the same brand clothes, and even have to use the same perfume. We basically clone ourselves because we don’t want to be different. Yet, deep down we would like to shout, “Look at me! This is who I am!” Sigh, there goes the alarm again. What should I wear today? I think I will call Clara and see what she is wearing.
Question 36: How does the author describe how her body is reacting to her uneasiness about returning to school?
- a. She has a horrible headache.
- b. Her eyes are burning.
- c. She has a funny feeling in the pit of herstomach.
- d. She has an awful earache.
Question 37: Which of the following is TRUE?
- a. The author is dreading studying forfinals.
- b. The author is anxious to see her friends.
- c. The author feels college and high school will be the same.
- d. The author always hates going back to school after a holiday break.
Question 38: Which of the following did the author state would be for sure when she returns to school?
- a. She will meet new and interesting people in high school.
- b. Everyone feels strange now.
- c. Everyone will be wearing something new.
- d. She wants to make sure she is different from everyone else.
Question 39: Which of the following is NOT true?
- a. Most high school students want to be exactly like their peers.
- b. High school students have more freedom than college students do.
- c. The author has one more year of high school.
- d. Most high school students are controlled by peer pressure
Question 40: The author believes her greatest conflict isin her _____.
- a. closet
- b. friends
- c. school
- d. head
Fill in each numbered blank with one suitable word or phrase.
Friends! (Question 41) _____ a precious gift they are! And, they are extremely rare. Perhaps that is part of their preciousness.
Friends! The persons who (Question 42) _____ you from your achievement to your fullest potential no (Question 43) _____ what it costs them. They love you (Question 44) _____ the person you are becoming. They are completely non-(Question 45)______. They seek your fulfillment and (Question 46) _____ best interests. There is nothing better (Question 47) _____ a friend unless it is a person who also considers you (Question 48) ___ their friend. Of course friends do things that hurt friends, but (Question 49) ___ is always quick to be there. A friend is (Question 50) _____ “Of whom much is required, much is given.”
- a. which
- b. who
- c. how
- d. what
- a. sympathize
- b. support
- c. develop
- d. enlarge
- a. matter
- b. business
- c. affair
- d. chore
- a. for
- b. as
- c. with
- d. in
- a. judgment
- b. judgmentally
- c. judgmental
- d. judge
- a. a
- b. an
- c. the
- d. Ø
- a. as
- b. than
- c. more than
- d. more
- a. be
- b. are
- c. to be
- d. been
- a. forgive
- b. forgiveness
- c. unforgivable
- d. forgivable
- a. everyone
- b. no one
- c. anyone
- d. someone
Xem thêm bài viết khác
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 11: Đề ôn tập học kì 2 (phần 9)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 11 Unit 16: The wonders of the world (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 11 Unit 8: Celebrations (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 11 Unit 10: Nature in danger (P2)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 11 unit 2: Personal experiences (P3)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 11 Unit 15: Space conquest (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 11: Đề ôn tập học kì 2 (phần 11)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 11 unit 3: A party (P2)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 11 Unit 11: Sources of energy (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 11 Unit 10: Nature in danger (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 11 unit 5: Illiteracy (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 11 unit 7: World population (P1)