Skills 1 Unit 3: Teen stress and presure
Skills 1 Unit 3: Teen stress and presure. Phần kỹ năng luyện tập cho bạn đọc hai kĩ năng đọc và nói. Bài viết dưới đây cung cấp những gợi ý cũng như hướng dẫn giải bài tập trong sách giáo khoa.
1a. Do you know what a child helpline is?
Bạn có biết đường dây trợ giúp trẻ em không?
b. Now read the articles
Bây giờ cùng đọc bài báo sau.
The Magic Number
Magic number 18001567 is a 24-hour toll-free service for counselling and protecting children and young adults in Viet Nam. The helpline was set up in 2004 by the government with support from Plan Vietnam, an international children’s development organisation.
By 2014, the helpline had received over 1.5 million calls from children and adults nationwide. Sixty-nine per cent of the cal Is came from chi Idren and most child callers were in the 11-14 year old and 15-18 year old groups. The calls were mostly questions about family relationships, friendships, and physical and mental health. Moreover, nearly 3,000 cases of missing or abandoned children, or children who were suffering from violence, trafficking, or sexual abuse received emergency support. The helpline promotes child participation in its operations by involving children as peer communicators and decision makers.
A member of Child Helpline International, Magic Number aims to create favourable conditions for children to develop physically and mentally. If you need support or advice, or know of someone who does, just dial 18001567!
(The facts, figures, and photos in this text are provided by Plan Vietnam)
2. Answer the questions.
Trả lời câu hỏi sau.
- 1. What is Magic Number 18001567?
It's a free service for counselling and protecting children and young adults in Viet Nam.
- 2. Which age groups have called the helpline?
They were callers in thẻ 11-14 year old and 15-18 year old groups.
- 3. What were the calls mostly about?
The calls were mostly questions about family relationships, friendships, and physical and mental health.
- 4. Why have 3,000 calls received emergency support?
Because they were cases of missing or abandoned children, or children who were suffering from violence, trafficking, or sexual abuse.
- 5. How does Magic Number promote child participation in its operations?
The helpline promotes child participation in its operations by involving children as peer communicators and decision makerers
- 6. What is the aim of the helpline?
It aims to create favourable conditions for children to develop physically and mentally.
3. Read the text again and decide if the follơing statements are true (T) or false (F).
Đọc lại đoạn văn và quyết định xem những câu sau là đúng( T) hay sai (F)
- 1. You can call Magic Number anytime during day or night. T
- 2. The service and the telephone calls are free. T
- 3. Only children can call the helpline. F
- 4. The typical caller to Magic Number is a nine-year-old child. F
- 5. All decisions about the operation of the helpl are made by adults. F
- 6. The service is available in all cities and provi in Viet Nam. T
4. Listen to two students calling a child helpline and complete the notes. Then use the notes te role-play the callers.
Nghe 2 học sinh gọi cho đường dây giúp đỡ trẻ em và hoàn thành chú thích sau. Sau đó sử dụng để đóng vai người gọi điện.
Caller 1 Caller____________
Feeling now _______
Caller: girl, from Ha Noi, last year of high school
Feeling now: a bit depressed and confused
Problem: wants to be a designer, but her parents want her to be a doctor.
Question: doesn't know what to say to her parents
Caller: boy, named Long, 13 years old, from Ho Chi Minh City
Feeling now: worried
Problem: online friend asked for 5 million dong; said if he refused to give it, his life would be difficult
Question: wonders whether to tell somebody about this
Caller 1: (girl) Hi, I'm from Ha Noi. I'm in my last year of high :oool. I'm feeling a bit depressed about my situation. I've been studying really hard to satisfy my parents and have always had xod grades. But last week they said that they didn't want me to x to Arts School to be a designer. They want me to be a doctor, “feel confused... I don't know what to say to my parents.
Caller 2: (boy) My name's Long. I'm 13 and I'm from Ho Chi Minh City. I made a friend playing online games, and we've met several times in real life to play video games in Internet cafés. Last week he told me he needed 5 million dong and asked if I could help him. I said no, but two days ago he said he would make my life difficult if I didn’t give him the money. I'm a bit worried. Should I tell somebody about this’
5. Look at 2, A CLOSER LOOK 1. Imagine you are one of these students. You want to call the Magic Number helpline to ask for help. What do you say? Your partner listens and takes notes.
Nhìn vào bài 2 phần A closer look 1. Tưởng tượng bạn là một trong những học sinh đó. Bạn muốn gọi tới đường dây trợ giúp Magic Number để nhờ giúp đỡ. Bạn nên nói gì? Bạn nhóm của bạn sẽ nghe và ghi lại
Xem thêm bài viết khác
- Communication Unit 5: Wonders in Vietnam
- A closer look 1 Unit 5: Wonders of Vietnam
- Imagine that your Australian pen friend is coming to Viet Nam and will spend a day in your hometown/city. He/She has asked for your advice on the places of interest they should go to and the things they can do there.
- Getting started Unit 3: Teen stress and presure
- Looking back Unit 3: Teen stress and presure
- A closer look 1 Unit 3: Teen stress and presure
- Getting started Unit 2: City life
- Skill 1 Unit 2: City life
- Skills 2 Unit 5: Wonders of Vietnam
- Skills 1 Unit 3: Teen stress and presure
- Skills 2 Unit 6: Vietnam: Then and now
- A closer look 2 Unit 3: Teen stress and presure