Looking back Unit 4: Life in the past
Phần looking back giúp bạn học ôn tập lại từ vựng cũng như các kỹ năng đã học trong unit 4. Bài viết cung cấp những gợi ý để giải bài tập trong sách giáo khoa.
1. Choose the best answer A, B, or C to complete the sentences.
Chọn đáp án A, B hoặc C để hoàn thành câu.
- 1. The children in my home village used to go _____ even in winter. Now they all have shoes.
A. on foot B. bare-footed C. playing around
-> Chọn đáp án B
- 2. There is usually a _________ gap between the old and the young, especially when the world is changing so fast.
A. generation B. value C. age
-> Chọn đáp án A
- 3. Every nation has respect for their long-preserved
A. behaviours B. practices C. traditions
-> Chọn đáp án C
- 4. In Viet Nam,____ often refers to age and social position, not to wealth.
A. seniority B. tradition C. generation
-> Chọn đáp án A
- 5. Giving lucky money to the young and the old at Tet is a common in many Asian countries.
A. behavior B. practice C. tradition
-> Chọn đáp án B
2a. Match the verbs in A with their definitions in B
Nối những động từ ở cột A với các định nghĩa ở cột B
1. act out
a. bring together
c. bring enjoyment
d. no longer exist
5. die out
e. keep alive
b. Use the verbs in A in their correct forms to complete the sentences.
Sử dụng các động từ ở cột A theo dạng đúng của nó để hoàn thành câu
- 1. Small children like listening to and ___acting out___ stories.
- 2. Hand-writing a letter is a pastime that is beginning to ___die out___. I'm already beginning to miss it.
- 3. Should we try to ___preserve____ every custom or tradition which is in danger of dying out?
- 4. He's ___collecting____ data for his book Values in the Past.
- 5. She often ______entertains______ her children by telling them stories and acting them out.
3. Write true sentences about the practice of following things in the past, using used to and didn't use to.
Viết câu đúng sử dụng cấu trúc "used to" và "didn't use to"
- 1. men/bread winner of the family
Men used to be the bread winner of the family.
- 2. women/go to work
Women didn't use to go to work.
- 3. people/travel/on holiday
People didn't use to travel on holiday.
- 4. families/be/nuclear
Families didn't use to be nuclear.
- 5. people/make banh chung at Tet/themselves
People used to make banh chung at Tet themselves.
- 6. children/play outdoor games
Children used to play outdoor games.
4. Read these situations and write wishes want to make for them.
Đọc những tình huống sau và viết câu với cấu trúc "wish"
- 1. Your village does not have access to clean piped water.
I wish my village had access to clean piped water.
- 2. Your school is on the other side of a river, you have to cross the river by boat twice a day to school.
I wish my school were not on the other side of a river so that I don’t have to cross the river by boat twice a day to school.
- 3. There is no organisation for social activities teenagers in your town.
I wish there were an organization for social activities teenagers in my town.
- 4. You are interested in basketball but you are not tall enough for the sport.
I wish I were tall enough for playing the basketball.
- 5. In your area, there are only two seasons: dry arc wet. You love autumn and spring.
I wish I wish there were four seasons in my area./1 wish we had spring and autumn in my area.
5. Look at the picture and finish the boy's wishes.
Nhìn vào bức tranh và hoàn thành điều ước của cậu bé.
- 1. I wish it would stop raining.
- 2. I wish the wind weren't blowing so hard.
- 3. I wish the sun were shining.
- 4. I wish I were sitting in a warm house.
6. Rearrange the sentences to make a meaningful conversation.
Sắp xếp lại đoạn hội thoại theo thứ tự đúng.
- 1. Mai, are you going to the Tet flower market with us this afternoon?
- 2. We used to. But this year my mother wants to bring back some traditions.
- 3. Interesting! I'll come.
- 4. I'm sorry I can't. I'm making candied fruits.
- 5. Wow... That's time-consuming and it requires a lot of patience. My family buys it.
- 6. Certainly! And we can learn how to make banh chung too. My father will teach us.
- 7. She said that if we didn't do it, our customs and traditions would die out.
- 8. Oh, I see. Can I join you?
- 9. Why?
Sắp xếp: 1-4-5-2-9-7-8-6-3
Xem thêm bài viết khác
- A closer look 2 Unit 6: Vietnam: Then and now
- Skills 2 Unit 5: Wonders of Vietnam
- Skills 2 Unit 4: Life in the past
- A closer look 2 Unit 2: City life
- A closer look 1 Unit 3: Teen stress and presure
- Looking back Unit 6: Vietnam: Then and now
- Skills 1 Unit 3: Teen stress and presure
- Getting started Unit 3: Teen stress and presure
- Communication Unit 2: City life
- Skills 2 Unit 3: Teen stress and presure
- Communication Unit 3: Teen stress and presure
- A closer look 2 Unit 1: Local environment