Looking back Unit 1: Local environment
Phần looking back giúp bạn học ôn tập lại từ vựng cũng như các kỹ năng đã học trong unit1. Bài viết cung cấp những gợi ý để giải bài tập trong sách giáo khoa.
1. Write some traditional handicrafts in the word web below.
Viết tên một số mặt hàng thủ công mỹ nghệ trong sơ đồ dưới đây.
- 1. paintings
- 2. pottery
- 3. drums
- 4. silk
- 5. lanterns
- 6. conical hats
- 7. lacquerware
- 8. marble sculptures
2. Complete the second sentence in each pair by putting the correct form of a verb from the box into each blank.
Hoàn thành câu bằng việc sử dụng các dạng đúng của động từ.
carve cast weave
embroider knit mould
- 1. The artisan made this statue by pouring hot liquid bronze into a mould.
—► The artisan_____cast_____ this statue in bronze.
- 2. I'm decorating a cloth picture with a pattern of stitches, using coloured threads.
—► I'm______embroidering______ a picture.
- 3. They made baskets by crossing strips of bamboo across, over, and under each other.
—► They______wove_____ baskets out of bamboo.
- 4. My mum made this sweater for me from wool thread by using two bamboo needles.
—► My mum_____knitted______ a wool sweater for me.
- 5. He made this flower by cutting into the surface of the wood.
—► He_____carved______ this flower from wood.
- 6. I took some clay and used my hands to make it into a bowl shape.
—►I______moulded_____ the clay into the desired shape.
looked, team-building, zoo, lunch, interest, looking forward to, craft, museum.
3. Complete the passage with the word phrases from the box.
Hoàn thành đoạn văn với những cụm từ trong bảng.
Last week we had a memorable trip to a new (1) zoo on the outskirt of the city. We were all (2) looking forward to the trip. There are lots of wild animals, and they are looked after carefully. Each species is kept in one ig compound and the animals look healthy. After we (3) looked around the animal zone, we gathered on a big lawn at the back of the zoo. There were played some (4) team-building games and sang songs. Then we had a delicious (5) lunch prepared by Nga and Phuong. In the afternoon, we walked to a (6) museum nearby. There is a big collection of handicraft made by different (7) craft villages. I’m sure that the zoo will be our new place of interest.
4. Complete the complex sentences with your own ideas.
Hoàn thành câu phức sau theo ý của bạn.
- 1. Although this village is famous for its silk products, the quality is not as good as I expected.
- 2. Many people love going to this park because it has lots of trees and fresh air.
- 3. Since this place was advertised on TV, foreign tourists often buy traditional handicraft.
- 4. Moc Chau is popular tourist attraction when the flowers bloom.
- 5. This weekend we’re going to the cinema in order that the weather is good.
5. Rewrite each sentence so that it contains the phrasal verb in brackets. You may have to change the form of the verb.
Viết lại câu sao cho câu có sử dụng cụm động từ trong ngoặc. Bạn có thể thay đổi dạng của động từ.
- 1. I don’t remember exactly when my parents start this workshop (set up)
I don't remember exactly when my parents set up this workshop.
- 2. We have to try harder so that our handicrafts can stay equal with theirs. (keep up with)
We have to try harder so that our handicrafts can keep up with theirs.
- 3. What time will you begin your journey to Da Lat? (set off)
What time will you set off for Da Lat?
- 4. We arranged to meet in front of the lanterns shop at 8 o’clock, but she never arrived. (turn up)
We arranged to meet in front of the lantern shop at 8 o'clock, but she never turned up.
- 5. The artisans in my village can earn enough money from basket weaving to live. (live on)
The artisans in my life can live on basket weaving.
6. Work in groups. One student thinks of a popular place of interest in their area. Other students ask Yes/No questions to guess what place he/she is thinking about.
Làm việc theo nhóm. Một bạn sẽ nghĩ đến 1 địa danh nổi tiếng ở quê mình. Những học sinh khác sẽ trả lời Có hoặc Không để đoán xem nơi đó là nơi nào.
Is the place near the city centre?
Yes, it is.
Can we play sports there?
Yes, we can.
Can we play games there?
Yes, we can.
Do people go shopping there?
No, they don't.