Skills 2 Unit 3: Teen stress and presure
Phần kỹ năng 2 luyện tập cho bạn học về hai kỹ năng nghe và viết. Bài viết dưới đây cung cấp những gợi ý cũng như hướng dẫn giải bài tập trong sách giáo khoa.
listening: activity 1a
1a. Listen to an interview with Mis Sweetie, the advice columnist of 4Teen magazine
Nghe bài phỏng vấn cô Sweetie, chuyên mục lời khuyên của tạp chí 4Teen.
b. Choose the best answer.
Chọn câu trả lời đúng nhất
1. Miss Sweetie (likes/doesn't like) her work as an advice columnist.
2. She is (in/no longer in) her adolescence.
3. She thinks giving advice to people is (easy/ not easy).
4. It (takes time/doesn't take time) for her to come up with a piece of advice.
5. She thinks to give good advice we (need/don't need) to empathise with people.
2. Answer the questions
Trả lời câu hỏi
- 1. What are the two things that Miss Sweetie likes about her work?
She feels like she is living her teenage years again, and she loves helping readers by giving them advice.
- 2. What did she say was most important when giving others advice?
She said it's most important that we put ourselves in other people's shoes.
- 3. Why does she think the language used for giving advice is also important?
Because language should be used sensitively so :hat the person can get over the negative feelings.
- 3. Which of the following expressions are more likely to be used by Miss Sweetie when she gives advice?
3. Cụm nào sau đây có khả năng được cô Sweetie dùng khi đưa ra lời khuyên
- ‘You ought to talk to her.’
- ‘I think you should talk to her.’
- “You must talk to her.’
- ‘You have to talk to her.’
- It might be a good idea to talk to her.'
1. No 2. Yes 3. No 4. No 5. Yes
- Interviewer:.. .So how do you like this work?
- Miss Sweetie: Oh very much. I feel like I'm living my teenage years again! ( laugh) But really, it's great that I can help our dear readers in this way.
- Interviewer: Do you find it difficult to give advice?
- Miss Sweetie: Well, yes... I take time to think of the best possible advice that I can give. I think it's most important that we put ourselves r other people's shoes.
- Interviewer: So it's about being able to empathise...
- Mss Sweetie: Exactly. But even so, we also need to be very careful about how to put the advice into words. We need to be sensitive... It's not only -about giving the best solution, it's also about helping the person get over negative feelings. For example, I often use ‘It might be a good idea to...’ rather than ‘You ought to..Or perhaps ‘I think you should...’ for me sounds much better than ‘You must.’
4. Look at 2, A closer look 1 and give one piece of advice to each student
Nhìn vào bài 2 phần A closer Look 1 và đưa ra lời khuyên cho mỗi học sinh.
- B. I know how you feel, but I don't think you should worry about this change. It's normal, and it shows that you're growing up.
- C. If I were you, I wouldn't have too high expectations. I would do my best in the exam, but I don't think it's a good idea to feel so stressed.
- D. Have you thought about telling this to your parents? They might think of a good solution to help you.
- E. It might help to consider breaking this big task into smaller tasks and then tackle them one by one.
- F. It might be a good idea to talk about this to someone. Have you thought about turning to your teacher for help?
5. Write a short note to Miss Sweetie to her for advice about a problem at school or with your friends. Use the ‘Asking advice’ box on SKILLS 1, page 32 to you. Sign the letter with a made-up name not your real name.
Viết 1 đoạn ngắn tới cô Sweetie xin lời khuyên về bấn đề gặp ở trường hoặc với bạn bè mình. Sử dụng much "Xin lời khuyên" ở phần Skills 1 trang 32. Kí bằng tên không phải tên thật
Hi Mrs Sweetie, I'm a final year students and I'm so confuse about choosing the university. There are a lot of option for me with different range of entrance requirement points. At this time I do not know what I like and which school is suitable for me. I really need your help. Please provide me some advice as soon as posible. Thanh you a lot!
b. As a whole class, put the notes in a pile and take a diferent note. Write a short answer (2-3 sentences) to give advice about the problem. Use the ‘Giving advice’ box above for help.
Cả lớp tập hợp các chú thích và làm 1 cái chủ thích khác. Viết 1 câu trả lời ngắn gọn(2-3 câu) để đưa ra lời khuyên về vấn đề. Sử dụng mục "Cho lời khuyên" để làm.
B. BÀI TẬP VÀ HƯỚNG DẪN GIẢI
Kiến thức thú vị
Write a short note to Miss Sweetie to her for advice about a problem at school or with your friends. Use the ‘Asking advice’ box on SKILLS 1, page 32 to you. Sign the letter with a made-up name not your real name.
As a whole class, put the notes in a pile and take a diferent note. Write a short answer (2-3 sentences) to give advice about the problem. Use the ‘Giving advice’ box above for help.