A closer look 1 Unit 4: Life in the past
Phần a closer look 1 cung cấp cho bạn học các từ vựng và cách phát âm câu theo chủ đề cuộc sống trong quá khứ. Bài viết cung cấp các từ vựng cũng như gợi ý giải bài tập trong sách giáo khoa.
Pronunciation: Activity 5
Pronunciation: activity 6
1. Match a verb in A with a word/ phrase in B
Nối động từ ở mục A với 1 từ/cụm từ ở cụm B
a. to drum music
d. a diary
5. act out
e. your imagination
g. the post
h. our traditions
1.f 2.g 3.b 4.a 5.c 6.e 7.h 8.d
2. Use the newly-formed phrases in with the verbs in their correct forms to complete the sentences.
Sử dụng các cụm từ ở bài 1 với dạng đúng của động từ đó để hoàn thành câu.
- 1. In my time, most girls _____ kept a diary _____where they could write down their daily thoughts and feelings.
- 2. ‘Grandpa, how did the children in your village use to ___ entertain themselves ____ ?’ - ‘They played games like tug of war, hide and seek, or flew their kites.’
- 3. We should work together to_____ preserve our traditions_____. They are of great value to us.
- 4. ___ use your imagination ___and draw a picture of your dream house.
- 5. Children are very creative. They are good at ____ acting out stories ____.
- 6. A postman comes once a day to___ collect the post ___from the post box.
- 7. I love___ going bare-footed ___, on the beach and feeling the sand under my feet.
- 8. The Lion Dance is usually performed at Mid-Autumn Festival, where the dancers skilfully ___ dance to drum music _____.
3. Choose a word/ phrase from the box to complete the sentences.
Chọn từ/cụm từ để hoàn thành câu
illiterate face to face physical
strict rules street vendors seniority
- 1. Paying respect to people of __seniority__ is a tradition in Viet Nam.
- 2. Quite a large number of ethnic people in mountains are still__illiterate___ . They can't read or write.
- 3. Eating from___ street vendors ___ is a popular habit of people in big cities in Viet Nam.
- 4. There should be___ strict rules ___ on the roads to reduce the number of accidents.
- 5. ___ Physical __ punishment was common at school the past.
- 6. I prefer talking___ face to face ___ to talking on the phone.
4. Complete the sentences with the right form of the words below.
Hoàn thành các câu sau với dạng đúng của từ bên dưới
tradition habit behaviour practice
- 1. It's never easy to break a bad___habit__ .
- 2. His bold___behavior___shocked everybody present.
- 3. It runs as a ____tradition____ in Viet Nam that elderly grandparents and parents are taken care of their children until they die.
- 4. It was his__habit___ to take a nap after lunch.
- 5. Using blackboards and chalkas the only teaching aid is still a common___practise___in most developing countries.
- 6. He could be fired for his rude___behavior___towards VIP guest.
5. Listen and underline the auxiliary verbs which are stressed. Then practise saying the sentences.
Nghe và gạch chân những trợ động từ được nhấn mạnh. Sau đó thực hành nói cả câu
- 1. Life will be improved in those remote areas.
- 2. They can see the rain coming in from the west.
- 3. You did make me laugh!
- 4. He hasn't handed in his assignment.
- 5. I don't like the idea of going there at night.
- 6. Sam doesn't like fast food but I do.
6. Underline an auxiliary if it is stressed. Then listen, check, and repeat the sentences.
Gạch chân các trợ động từ nếu nó được nhấn mạnh. Nghe, kiểm tra và nhắc lại cả câu.
- The men in my village used to catch fish with a spear.
- Could you do that?
- No, I couldn't.
- I have told you many times not to leave the door open.
- We' re going to visit Howick, a historical village.
- You aren't going to the party? Is it because you can't dance?
- I can dance. Look!
- I hope she doesn't do any damage to the car.
- I Don't worry. She does know how to drive.