Skills 2 Unit 4: Life in the past
Phần kỹ năng 2 luyện tập cho bạn học về hai kỹ năng nghe và viết. Bài viết dưới đây cung cấp những gợi ý cũng như hướng dẫn giải bài tập trong sách giáo khoa.
Listening: activity 1
Listening: activity 2
1. An old man is talking about his school days. Listen and decide if the statements are true (T), false (F), or not given (NG).
Một người đàn ông lớn tuổi đang kể về ngày tháng đi học của mình. Nghe và xem câu nào đúng(T), sai( F), hay không có thông tin (NG)
- 1. The school had classes for different age groups. F
- 2. All the subjects were taught by one teacher. T
- 3. Some students didn't wear shoes to school. T
- 4. Students didn't have exams because they would cost too much. NG
- 5. Students could talk to their teacher whenever they wanted to. F
- 6. The teacher didn't give students any homework. T
2. Listen again and fill the blanks with the correct information.
Nghe lại và điền vào chỗ trống thông tin đúng
- 1. Number of students:___15____
- 2. Some students went to school ____bare-footed____
- 3. Lessons focused on: reading, writing,___Maths_____and History (in any order)
- 4. The school was small but it had _____strict rules____
- 5. The students had no homework, no ____extra classes____
I went to a village school. In fact, there was only one classroom for 15 students of different ages, both boys and girls, and one teacher who taught everything. The school didn't have a name, so we just called t ‘our school’. We used to walk to school. Some children went bare-footed.
At school we learnt to read and to write. We also learnt a little maths and history. There were no science essons, and we didn't have exams, either.
Although our school was small, it had strict rules. We had to behave ourselves. We stood up and bowed to greet our teacher at the start of every lesson. We could talk only when we were allowed to. However, jve had no homework and no extra classes. I had a lot of time to play outside and to help my parents in the house. I loved my school and those school days.
3. Make a list of the facilities you are using your studies nowadays. Then tick one(s) you think was/were not avail about twenty years ago.
Lập 1 danh sách cơ sở vật chất bạn đang sử dụng cho việc học tập. Tích vào những thứ bạn nghĩ là đã không được sử dụng cách đay 20 năm.
- 1. Board
- 2. Projector
- 3. chalk
- 4. computer
- 5. desks
- 6. chair
4. Choose one facility which was not available twenty years ago and write a short description of how students in the past studied without that facility.
In your writing, you should include:
- what facility it is
- what it is used for
- how students did the job in the past when they didn't have it
- how you feel about the change
Chọn một cơ sở vật chất không được sử dụng cách đây 20 năm rồi viết 1 đoạn văn về chủ đề học sinh ngày xưa làm thế nào để học mà không có cơ sở vật chất đó.
Trong bài viết nên có:
- Đó là cái gì?
- Nó được sử dụng vào việc gì?
- Học sinh phải làm gì nếu không có nó?
- Bạn cảm thấy thế nào về sự thay đổi đó?
Gợi ý viết bài:
It is most likely that students twenty years ago were not able to enjoy the Internet in their studies. That's why it took them a lot of time, energy, and even money, to do a project that we can now easily complete in one or two days.
For example, when being asked to write an assignment about past habits, the students had to go to the library, look for books on the topic, read the books, and hand-write any information that they thought was useful for their assignment.They would also have to meet with some old people and talk to them about the past. At home, they had to hand-write their assignment, possibly with a lot of erasing and rewriting of the first draft. After finishing the draft, they had to write a clean copy on another piece of paper for submission.
B. BÀI TẬP VÀ HƯỚNG DẪN GIẢI
Kiến thức thú vị
Choose one facility which was not available twenty years ago and write a short description of how students in the past studied without that facility. (Chọn một cơ sở vật chất không được sử dụng cách đây 20 năm rồi viết 1 đoạn văn về chủ đề học sinh ngày xưa làm thế nào để học mà không có cơ sở vật chất đó.)