Looking back Unit 2: City life
Phần looking back giúp bạn học ôn tập lại từ vựng cũng như các kỹ năng đã học trong unit 2. Bài viết cung cấp những gợi ý để giải bài tập trong sách giáo khoa.
1. Complete the word webs with nouns and adjectives connected with the city.
Hoàn thành sowddoof bằng các danh từ và tính từ liên quan đến thành phố
2. Put one word from the box in each gap
Điền 1 từ trong bảng vào chỗ trống
Noisy full crowded bored
Fabulous urban fascinating
A big city is full of life. City fife is more modern and (1) fasinating than elsewhere. It is usually very busy and (2) noisy, even at night.
Life in a big city starts early in the morning. Soon the roads are (3) full of vehicles. School children in their uniform can be seen on the pavement, walking or waiting buses. People rush to work. With every passing hour, the traffic goes on increasing. The shops and the market places remain (4) crowded till the evening hours.
Certainly (5) urban life has certain charms. It offers great opportunities and challenges, especially for the young. There are lots of things to du, and facilities are well developed. There are (6) fabulous places for amusement and recreation. One never feels (7) bored in a city.
3. Complete each sentence with the word given, using comparison. Include any other necessary words.
Hoàn thành câu với những từ đã cho, sử dụng cấu trúc so sánh.
- 1. The last exhibition was not _as interesting as__ this one. INTERESTING
- 2. This city is developing_the fastest__ in the region. FAST
- 3. Let's take this road. It is _the shortest_ way to the city. SHORT
- 4. I was disappointed as the film was __less entertaining__ than I had expected. ENTERTAINING
- 5. You're not a safe driver! You should drive _more carefully__. CAREFULLY
4. Complete each space with a phrasal verb from the list. Change the form of the verb if necessary.
Hoàn thành chỗ trống với những cụm động từ trong danh sách.
- 1. She__(has) turned down ___ his invitation to the party and now he's really upset.
- 2. What's__ going on ___ in the street over there? Open the door!
- 3. Lots of fruit and vegetables will help you__ get over__ your cold.
- 4. My brother was___ cheered up __ with a trip to the zoo.
- 5. The road was jammed, so we had to__ turn back __ anc find an alternative route.
- 6. I have ___ found out __ about a fabulous place where we can go for a picnic this weekend.
5. Rewrite each sentence so that it has a similar meaning and contains the word in capitals.
Viết lại câu sao cho nghĩa không thay đổi và có sử dụng các từ in hoa
- 1. Don't leave the lights on when you leave the classroom. OFF
Turn off the lights when you leave the classroom.
- 2. Mai spent her childhood in a small town in the south. UP
Mai grew up in a small town in the south.
- 3. Kathy checked the restaurant on her mobile phone. LOOKED
Kathy looked up the restaurant on her mobile phone.
- 4. My grandmother has recovered from her operation. GOT
My grandmother has got over her operation.
- 5. We are really expecting to see you again with pleasure. LOOK
We are looking forward to seeing you again.
6. Work in two teams. The first team gives the name of a city or town in Viet Nam. The other team says any man-made or natural attractions that it is famous for. Then switch. The team with the most items wins.
Làm việc theo 2 nhóm. Nhóm đầu tiên đưa ra tên của 1 thành phố hay thị trấn. Nhóm còn lại nói bất cứ một điểm du lịch tự nhiên hoặc nhân tạo nổi tiếng và ngược lại. Nhóm có nhiều hơn là nhóm thắng.
Xem thêm bài viết khác
- Write a short article describing a wonder of Viet Nam
- A closer look 2 Unit 4: Life in the past
- A closer look 1 Unit 5: Wonders of Vietnam
- A closer look 1 Unit 6: Vietnam: Then and Now
- A closer look 1 Unit 1: Local environment
- Imagine that your Australian pen friend is coming to Viet Nam and will spend a day in your hometown/city. He/She has asked for your advice on the places of interest they should go to and the things they can do there.
- Looking back Unit 6: Vietnam: Then and now
- Skill 2 Unit 1: Local environment
- Looking back Unit 5: Wonders of Vietnam
- Communication Unit 1: Local environment
- Skills 2 Unit 4: Life in the past
- A closer look 2 Unit 6: Vietnam: Then and now