A closer look 1 Unit 5: Wonders of Vietnam
Phần a closer look 1 cung cấp cho bạn học các từ vựng và cách phát âm câu theo chủ đề cuộc sống trong quá khứ. Bài viết cung cấp các từ vựng cũng như gợi ý giải bài tập trong sách giáo khoa.
Listen and read
1. Write the words with the corect picture
Viết từ vào bức tranh đúng
2. Fill in each blank with a suitable adjective from the box.
Điền vào mỗi chỗ trống 1 từ thích hợp.
geological located/situated picturesque
- 1. The hotel is beautifully___ located/situated ___ in a quiet spot near the river.
- 2. It is a quiet fishing village with a ___ picturesque____ harbour.
- 3. The original size of the Forbidden City is ___astounding ___-it's hard to believe.
- 4. This book is about ____ geological ____ features of Viet Nam.
- 5. Ha Noi is the ____ administrative____ centre of our country.
3a. Match the nouns in A to the definitions in B
Nối những danh từ ở cột A với định nghĩa ở cột B
a. a general word for building of any kind
b. the place where something is and the general environment around it
c. an acceptance that something exists, is true, or is valuable
d. a group of connected buildings that are designed for a particular purpose
e. official actions that are done in order to achieve a particular
b. Now use the nouns in 3a to complete the sentences.
- 1. This___structure___ has been standing since the 15th century.
- 2. The government must take___measures___ to present historical sites in the area.
- 3. I like a hotel in a beautiful___setting___ of landscape gardens.
- 4. The Imperial Citadel ofThang Long is a ___complex___ that consists of royal palaces and monuments.
- 5. There is a growing__recognization__ that protecting natural wonders has financial benefits as well as cultural importance.
4. Listen and repeat, paying attention to the words in red in each pair of sentences.
Nghe và nhắc lại, tập trung vào các chữ in đỏ trong mỗi cặp câu
- A: This is a (S) solution, but not the only one.
- B: Attempts to find a (W) solution have failed.
- A: I'm fond of (W) bananas.
- B: Bananas are what I'm fond of.(S)
- A: It's not trick and (S) treat; it's trick or (S) treat.
- B: I need Peter and (W) Mary or (W) John and (W) Nick to help me.
- A: It's good but (W) expensive.
- B: You shouldn't put ‘but’ (S) at the end of the sentence.
5. Read the mini-talks and underline the short words (for, the, from, and, but, at, of, to) you think use the strong form.
Then listen and check.
Đọc đoạn hội thoại ngắn và gạch chân các từ ngắn (for, the, from, and, but,at.of,to) mà bạn nghĩ được đặt trọng âm
Nghe và kiểm tra
- A: Who are you looking for?
- B: Peter is the person I'm looking for.
- A: Where are you from?
- B: I'm from Ha Noi.
- A: Can you come and check this paragraph for me?
- B: It's OK but you shouldn't use ‘and’ at the beginning of the paragraph.
- A: Did you ask her to join our group?
- B: I've asked her several times but she doesn't want to.
- A: Is this letter from Peter?
- B: No, the letter is to him, not from him
6. Work in pairs. Practise the mini-talks in 5.
Làm việc theo cặp . Thực hành các đoạn hội thoại ở bài tập 5.
Xem thêm bài viết khác
- Skill 1 Unit 2: City life
- Communication Unit 3: Teen stress and presure
- Imagine that your Australian pen friend is coming to Viet Nam and will spend a day in your hometown/city. He/She has asked for your advice on the places of interest they should go to and the things they can do there.
- A closer look 1 Unit 2: City life
- A closer look 1 Unit 4: Life in the past
- A closer look 2 Unit 5: Wonders of Vietnam
- Skills 2 Unit 5: Wonders of Vietnam
- Skills 1 Unit 5: Wonders of Vietnam
- A closer look 1 Unit 1: Local environment
- Make an outline, and then write a paragraph on the problem of traffic jam.
- A closer look 2 Unit 6: Vietnam: Then and now
- A closer look 1 Unit 3: Teen stress and presure