Language focus Unit 6: Future Jobs Công việc tương lai
Phần trọng tâm kiến thức của unit này nói về về cách phát âm của từ nối, giới từ và ngữ pháp mệnh đề quan hệ trong tiếng Anh. Bài viết cung cấp các từ vựng và cấu trúc cần lưu ý cũng như hướng dẫn giải bài tập trong sách giáo khoa.
Pronunciation: Listen and repeat
Pronunciation: Pratise reading these sentences
I. Từ vựng
- usual ['ju:ʒl] (adj): bình thường ≠ unusualadv)lạ, khác thường
- fog [fɔg] (n): sương mù
- to descend [di'send] (v): đi xuống
- to import ['impɔ:t] (v): nhập khẩu ≠ to export v): xuất khẩu
- arrow ['ærou] (n): mũi tên
- to recover [ri:'kʌvə] (v): bình phục, khỏi bệnh, vượt qua
- to be injured ['indʒəd]: bị thương
II. Cấu trúc cần lưu ý
- to turn off the lights: tắt đèn ≠ to turn on the lights: mở đèn
- to go out for a meal: đi ra ngòai dùng bữa
- to fall off: rơi xuống
- to get on: lên, trèo lên
- Mệnh đề quan hệ trong tiếng Anh: Xem hướng dẫn tại đây
III. Hướng dẫn giải bài tập:
Listen and repeat:
/ən/ - /ənd/
Pratice reading these sentences:
- 1. What are you looking at (bạn đang nhìn gì vậy?)
- 2. I want to go but I don’t know when (Tôi muốn đi nhưng không biết là khi nào)
- 3. She bought a book and two pens (Cô ấy đã mua một quyển sách và hai cái bút
- 4. Thanks for coming (Cảm ơn vì đã tới)
- 5. Where is it from? (Nó đến từ đâu?)
- 6. I’m from Hanoi (Tôi đến từ Hà Nội)
- 7. She is the one I’m font of (Cô ấy là người tôi thích)
- 8. First of all, I want to thank you for coming (Trước hết, tôi muốn cảm ơn bạn vì đã đến)
- 9. The letter was to him, not from him (Bức thư là gửi cho anh ấy, không phải từ anh ấy)
- 10. I want to ask you a question. (Tôi muốn hỏi bạn một câu hỏi)
Exercise 1: Add who, whoever, whose, whom or which to complete the following sentences. (Thêm who, whoever, whose, whom hoặc which để hoàn chỉnh các câu sau.)
- 1. There is one person to……whom……I owe more than I can say.
- 2. It was the kind of accident for……which…..nobody was really to blame.
- 3. ……Whoever…..leaves last should turn off the lights.
- 4. Mary was late yesterday,……which……was unusual for her.
- 5. At 6.00 pm,……which….was an hour before the plane was due, thick fog descended.
- 6. I don’t know…who…told you that, but they were wrong.
- 7. Mrs Brown was the first owner…whose…..dog won three prizes in the same show.
- 8. I’ve just spoken to Sally,……who…..sends you her love.
- 9. On Sunday,…which….was my birthday, we went out for a meal.
- 10. The success of a shared holidav depends on ……whom…… you share it with.
Exercise 2: Join the following sentences in two ways. (Kết hợp những câu sau theo hai cách.)
- 1. I read a book. It was writen by a friend of mine
I read a book that was written by a friend of mine.
I read a book written by a friend of mine.
- 2. A man got on the bus. He was carrying a lot of money in a box
A man who was carrying a lot of money in a box got on the bus.
A man carrying a lot of money in a box got on the bus.
- 3. In the street there were several people. They were waiting for the shop to open.
In the street there were several people who were waiting for the shop to open.
In the street, there were several people waiting for the shop to open.
- 4. Britain imports many cars. They were made in Japan.
Britain imports many cars which were made in Japan,
British imports many cars made in Japan.
- 5. There are a lot of people in your office. They want to talk to you
In your office there are a lot of people who want to talk to you.
In your office there are a lot of people wanting to talk to you.
- 6. The cowboy fell off his horse. He had been wounded by an arrow
The cowboy who had been wounded by an arrow fell off his horse,
The cowboy wounded by an arrow fell of his horse.
- 7. Most of the people recovered quickly. They were injured in the crash
Most of the people who were injured in the crash recovered quickly,
Most of the people injured in the crash recovered quickly.
- 8.John looked anxiously ai his watch. He wished he hadn’t come to the party
John, who wished he hadn’t come to the party, looked anxiously to his watch,
John, wishing he hadn’t come to the party, looked anxiously to his watch.
- 9. The children were playing foodball I the schoolyard. They were my students.
The children who were plavina foootball in the schoolyard were my students,
The children playing football in the schoolyard were my students.
- 10. Vietnam exports a lot of rice. It is grown mainly in the south of the country.
Vietnam exports a lot of rice which is grown mainly in the south of the country,
Vietnam exports a lot of rice grown mainly in the south of the country.
Xem thêm bài viết khác
- Speaking Unit 6: Future jobs Công việc tương lai
- Language focus Unit 8: Life in the future
- Writing Unit 9 : Deserts
- Listening Unit 3: Ways of socialising Cách thức giao tiếp xã hội
- Writing Unit 5: Higher education Giáo dục đại học
- Test yourself D Unit 10 : Endangered Species
- Language focus Unit 14 : International Organizations
- Writing Unit 6: Future jobs Công việc tương lai
- Reading Unit 4: School education system Hệ thống giáo dục nhà trường
- Listening Unit 15 : Women in society
- Reading Unit 1: Home life Đời sống gia đình
- Writing Unit 15 : Women in society