Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 11: National parks (P1)
Bài có đáp án. Câu hỏi và bài tập trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10: Unit 11: National parks (P1). Học sinh luyện tập bằng cách chọn đáp án của mình trong từng câu hỏi. Dưới cùng của bài trắc nghiệm, có phần xem kết quả để biết bài làm của mình. Kéo xuống dưới để bắt đầu.
Choose the word whose bolded part has a different pronunciation from the others in each group:
- a. national
- b. plan
- c. establish
- d. that
- a. parks
- b. trees
- c. caves
- d. contains
- a. found
- b. south
- c. mountain
- d. wound
- a. located
- b. formed
- c. threatened
- d. agreed
- a. West
- b. Kenya
- c. recognize
- d. taken
Choose the best answer a, b, c or d for each sentence:
Question 6: He's a very ____ dresser - he always looks like he's wearin his father’s clothes!
- a. conserve
- b. conservative
- c. conservation
- d. conservaty
Question 7: Dolphins are a ____ species (= it is illegal to harm or kill them).
- a. protected
- b. protection
- c. protective
- d. protectively
Question 8: He has a limited ____ of French.
- a. know
- b. knowable
- c. knowledge
- d. knowing
Question 9: His father was working ____ at his desk.
- a. industry
- b. industrial
- c. industrious
- d. industriously
Question 10: Such data will prove ____ for researchers.
- a. value
- b. valued
- c. valuable
- d. invaluable
Question 11: Representatives of the company claim their plan will be ____ to local needs.
- a. sense
- b. sensitive
- c. sensible
- d. senseless
Question 12: The program traced the ____ of popular music through the ages.
- a. develop
- b. developed
- c. developing
- d. development
Question 13: Inflation figures have fluctuated _____ between 0.2% and 25%.
- a. wildfire
- b. wildlife
- c. wild
- d. wildly
Question 14: For a goalkeeper, it's a great ___ to have big hands.
- a. advantage
- b. disadvantage
- c. advantageous
- d. advantageously
Question 15: She first rose to ____ as a singer at the age of 16.
- a. fame
- b. famed
- c. famous
- d. infamous
Question 16: Cuc Phuong is Vietnam’s ____ first national park to be established.
- a. a
- b. an
- c. the
- d. no article
Question 17: He stepped on the mine, and it exploded.
- a. If he doesn’t step on the mine, it doesn’t explode.
- b. If he doesn’t step on the mine, it won’t explode.
- c. If he didn’t step on the mine, it wouldn’t explode.
- d. If he hadn’t stepped on the mine, it wouldn’t have exploded.
Question 18: In my experiments, the liquid is cooled to 32°F. It always freezes.
- a. If you cool the liquid to 32 degrees, it froze.
- b. If you cooled the liquid to 32 degrees, it would freeze.
- c. If you cool the liquid to 32 degrees, it will freeze.
- d. If you had cooled the liquid to 32 degrees, it would have frozen.
Question 19: It may rain this afternoon. I hope it doesn’t because I don’t want the match to be cancelled.
- a. If it rains, the match is cancelled.
- b. If it rains, the match will be cancelled.
- c. If it rained, the match would be cancelled.
- d. If it had rained, the match would have been cancelled.
Question 20: Unfortunately, I don’t know Philosophy, so I can’t answer your question.
- a. If I know Philosophy, I can answer your question.
- b. If I know Philosophy, I will be able to answer your question.
- c. If I knew Philosophy, I would be able to answer your question.
- d. If I had known Philosophy, I would have been able to answer your question.
Question 21: Due to pollution, a lot of fish in the lake became sick and died.
- a. Because of
- b. Because
- c. In spite of
- d. As if
Question 22: ____ there are some more ideas, we can end the meting now.
- a. If
- b. As if
- c. Unless
- d. in case
Question 23: It is lovely ___ that you are going to spend the holiday on the farm with us.
- a. hear
- b. to hear
- c. hearing
- d. heard
Question 24: If he ____ with us now, he ____ the beauty of nature of the National Park.
- a. is / can enjoy
- b. was / will enjoy
- c. has been / would enjoy
- d. were / could enjoy
Question 25: A national park is a place ____ many endangered species are protected.
- a. that
- b. which
- c. where
- d. in that
Question 26: Because the pilot could not control the circumstances, he was unable to land the plane.
- a. Due to the circumstance beyond the control
- b. As the pilot could control the circumstances
- c. Unless the pilot could not control the circumstances
- d. Since the circumstance beyond the control
Question 27: Roger was sorry he didn’t eat that salad. Roger wished ___ the salad.
- a. would eat
- b. eats
- c. had eaten
- d. had been eaten
Question 28: So far there ___ nine national parks established in Vietnam.
- a. are
- b. will be
- c. have been
- d. had been
Question 29: If the bag had not been heavy, we would have taken it with us.
- a. The bag is heavy, so we cannot take it with us.
- b. The bag was heavy, so we could not take it with us.
- c. Because the bag was heavy so we could not take it with us.
- d. We took the bag with us although it was heavy.
Question 30: If they had searched more carefully, they ____ the watch sooner.
- a. will find
- b. would find
- c. found
- d. would have found
Choose the best sentence that can be made from the cues given.
Question 31: happy / receive / your letter
- a. It is happy to receive your letter.
- b. I am too happy to receive your letter.
- c. I'm happy to receive your letter.
- d. How happy to receive your letter.
Question 32: I / eager / write / you / immediately
- a. I am so eager that I write to you immediately.
- b. I am such eager that I write to you immediately.
- c. I am very much eager that I write to you immediately.
- d. I am enough eager to write to you immediately.
Question 33: It / great / spend / weekend / farm / your family
- a. It is great to spend the weekend on the farm with your family.
- b. It is great in order to spend the weekend on the farm with your family.
- c. It is great so as to spend the weekend on the farm with your family.
- d. It is great spending the weekend on the farm with your family.
Question 34: Thank you / invitation
- a. Thank you as much for your invitation.
- b. Thank you as many for your invitation.
- c. Thank you very much for your invitation.
- d. Let’s thank you very much for your invitation.
Question 35: We / come / house / on time. See / soon
- a. We would come to your house on time. See you soon.
- b. We will come to your house on time, and see you soon.
- c. We will come to your house on time, seeing you soon.
- d. We will come to your house on time. See you soon.
Read the passage carefully and choose the correct answer.
The Royal National Park is a national park in New South Wales, Australia. It is located 29 km south of Sydney. Founded in 1879 by Sir John Robertson, it is the world’s second oldest purposed National Park, the first usage of the term “National Park” after Yellowstone in the United States. Its original name was The National Park, but it was renamed in 1955 after a visit by Queen Elizabeth II. There was once a railway line connected the Park to the City Rail but this has now closed. There are numerous walking trails and picnic sites throughout the park. There is a car park just within the Park to leave vehicles. One popular walk is the coast walk. There were big fires in 1994 that burnt large parts of the park. Now these areas are being rehabilitated. Audley is a large, flat area in one of the larger valleys in the park. A timber dance hall built in the early 20th century is available for tourists. Large picnic areas, grassy meadows, and cafeterias make the picnic more interesting. Eagle Rock — a unique rock formation, about half way down the length of the park on the coast. It is a large rock that look like an eagle’s head when viewed from the side. The other remarkable feature is the several waterfalls which tumble over the cliffs and into the sea over one hundred metres below. Wattamolla is one of the most popular coastal beaches in the park. Substantial parking and a canteen serving refreshments on summer weekends are also there. The park service is also very careful to protect these areas due to their general rarity in the hot, arid Australian landscape.
Question 36: The Royal National Park ___.
- a. is the world’s first National Park
- b. is the world’s second National Park
- c. was founded by Queen Elizabeth II
- d. is in the USA
Question 37: According to the text, ____.
- a. we cannot go to the Park by train
- b. we can go to the Park by train
- c. the Park was renamed in 1897
- d. Queen Elizabeth II did not visit the Park
Question 38: Tourists ____.
- a. cannot park their cars in the Park
- b. cannot walk in the Park
- c. can enjoy a picnic in the Park
- d. can meet Queen Elizabeth II in the Park
Question 39: Which sentence is true?
- a. There used to be big fires in the Park.
- b. Tourists are not allowed to dance in the Park.
- c. The Park does not have a coast.
- d. Eagle Rock is an eagle made of rock.
Question 40: The Park ___.
- a. has no canteen
- b. is not protected carefully
- c. has several waterfalls
- d. is hot and arid
Fill in each numbered blank with one suitable word of phrase.
Efforts to stop or slow deforestation have been attempted (Question 41) ____ many centuries because it has long been known that deforestation can (Question 42) ____ environmental damage. In Tonga, the government leaders developed policies (Question 43) _____ were designed to help people realize that they could get short-term gains from (Question 44) __ forest into farmland but they had to suffer a lot from long-term problems that forest (Question 45) ___ would cause. During the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries in Tokugawa, Japan the local authority developed a system of long-term planning (Question 46) _____ and even reverse deforestation of the next centuries. They replaced timber with other products made from rubber or plastic and encouraged farmers to (Question 47) ____ more efficient use of land that had been farmed for many centuries. In sixteenth century Germany Jandowners also developed silviculture to deal with the problem of deforestation. However, these policies tend to be limited (Question 48) ____ environments with good rainfall, no dry season and very young soils. This is because on older and less (49) ____ soil trees grow too slowly for silviculture to be economic, (Question 50) ____ in areas with a strong dry season there is always a risk of forest fires destroying a tree crop before it matures.
- a. for
- b. ago
- c. in
- d. at
- a. lead
- b. cause
- c. keep
- d. encourage
- a. who
- b. whom
- c. whose
- d. which
- a. compounding
- b. dividing
- c. converting
- d. cutting
- a. lose
- b. loose
- c. lost
- d. loss
- a. stop
- b. to stop
- c. stopping
- d. stopped
- a. make
- b. do
- c. create
- d. keep
- a. at
- b. on
- c. to
- d. with
- a. fertile
- b. fertilize
- c. fertilizer
- d. fertilizing
- a. since
- b. due to
- c. because of
- d. while
Xem thêm bài viết khác
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 11: National parks (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 7: The mass media (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 2: School talks (P1) Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 2 - có đáp án
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 4: Special education (P2)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10: Đề ôn tập học kì 2 (phần 6)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 10: Conservation (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10: Đề ôn tập học kì 2 (phần 8)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10: Đề ôn tập học kì 2 (phần 9)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 4: Special education (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 9: Undersea world (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 1: A day in the life of... (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10: Đề ôn tập học kì 2 (phần 7)