Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 13: Films and cinema (P1)
Bài có đáp án. Câu hỏi và bài tập trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10: Unit 13: Films and cinema (P1). Học sinh luyện tập bằng cách chọn đáp án của mình trong từng câu hỏi. Dưới cùng của bài trắc nghiệm, có phần xem kết quả để biết bài làm của mình. Kéo xuống dưới để bắt đầu.
Choose the word whose main stress is placed differently from the others in each group:
- a. cinema
- b. rapidly
- c. photograph
- d. however
- a. history
- b. passage
- c. follow
- d. today
- a. century
- b. camera
- c. completely
- d. musical
- a. discover
- b. introduce
- c. beginner
- d. appearance
- a. sequence
- b. minute
- c. enjoy
- d. actor
Choose the best answer a, b, c or d for each sentence.
Question 6: A _____ is a famous cinema actor or actress.
- a. filmgoer
- b. film director
- c. film maker
- d. film star
Question 7: A ____ is a book used in school containing text and questions and sometimes having spaces for a student to write answers in.
- a. notebook
- b. workbook
- c. exercise book
- d. reference book
Question 8: The ____ of the bay is approximately 200 miles.
- a. long
- b. length
- c. lengthy
- d. lengthen
Question 9: She's an extremely competent and ______ worker.
- a. industry
- b. industrial
- c. industrious
- d. industrialize
Question 10: The ____ between the original book and this new film is very faint.
- a. relative
- b. relation
- c. relationship
- d. related
Question 11: Our prices are ____ with those in other shops.
- a. comparison
- b. comparative
- c. comparable
- d. comparably
Question 12: They didn't like my ____ that we should all share the cost.
- a. suggest
- b. suggestion
- c. suggestive
- d. suggestible
Question 13: "Am I ____ you?" she asked anxiously.
- a. bore
- b. bored
- c. boring
- d. boredom
Question 14: The restaurant turned out to be ____ cheap.
- a. surprise
- b. surprised
- c. surprising
- d. surprisingly
Question 15: There's no ____ what she'll do if she finds out about this.
- a. know-how
- b. knowledge
- c. knowable
- d. knowing
Question 16: Many people at present believe that film ____ an enduring art form because motion pictures appeal to human emotions.
- a. has been
- b. has been being
- c. was being
- d. had been
Question 17: ____ do you prefer, love story films or thrillers?
- a. What
- b. Which
- c. Whom
- d. For which
Question 18: My son perfers cartoon films ____ horror films.
- a. to
- b. than
- c. more than
- d. better than
Question 19: At first she was trained to be ____ scriptwriter, but later she worked as ____ secretary in a studio.
- a. a / the
- b. an / no article
- c. the / the
- d. a / a
Question 20: I sometimes dream of becoming ____ actor. ____ Actors often get a lot of money and popularity.
- a. an / no article
- b. an / The
- c. no article / an
- d. no article / the
Question 21: Are you ____ Catholic or ____ Buddhist? I am ____ atheist.
- a. a / a / an
- b. the / the / the
- c. no article / no article / the
- d. the / no article / a
Question 22: __ men are often paid more than ____ women for ____ same job.
- a. The / the / a
- b. A / a / the
- c. The / no article /a
- d. no article / no article / the
Question 23: He was an ____ storyteller. We were ____ and laughed a lot.
- a. amusing / amusing
- b. amused / amusing
- c. amusing / amused
- d. amused / amused
Question 24: The artist is putting the ____ touches to his picture. I think the ____ picture may be very nice.
- a. finishing / finishing
- b. finishing / finished
- c. finished / finishing
- d. finished / finished
Question 25: Yesterday she heard ____ news. She was so_____ that she could not say anything.
- a. surprising / surprised
- b. surprised / surprising
- c. surprising / surprising
- d. surprised / surprised
Question 26: It was not until we entered the theater ____.
- a. that we had handed the usher our tickets
- b. that we handed the usher our tickets
- c. and we handed the usher our tickets
- d. so we handed the usher our tickets
Question 27: It was not until they have to find a job that they learned English.
- a. They learned English until they had to find a job.
- b. They had learned English before they had to find a job.
- c. None of them learned English until they had to find a job.
- d. None of them did not learn English until they had to find a job.
Question 28: Do not leave here ____.
- a. until I will arrive
- b. not until I will arrive
- c. until I will not arrive
- d. until I arrive
Question 29: You should not sign the contract until you have studied its provisions carefully.
- a. It is not until you have studied its provisions carefully that you should sign the contract.
- b. It is not until you have studied its provisions carefully that you should not sign the contract.
- c. Although it is until you have studied its provisions carefully that you should not sign the contract.
- d. It is not until you have studied its provisions carefully when you should not sign the contract.
Question 30: Don’t drink the tea until it ____ cool.
- a. gets
- b. got
- c. will get
- d. had got
Choose the best sentence that can be made from the cues given.
Question 31: “Tarzan” / interesting film / attract / children / adult.
- a. “Tarzan” is an interesting film which has attracted both children and adults.
- b. “Tarzan” is an interesting film which has attracted children until they become adults.
- c. “Tarzan” is an interesting film has attracted both children and adults.
- d. “Tarzan”, an interesting film, so it has attracted both children and adults.
Question 32: film / a little boy / parents / die / raise / a gorilla / become / jungle man.
- a. The film is about a little boy when his parents died was raised by a gorilla after then he became a jungle man
- b. The film is about a little boy, his parents died, was raised by a gorilla, so he became a jungle man
- c. The film is about a little boy, although parents died, was raised by a gorilla, because he became a jungle man.
- d. The film is about a little boy, whose parents died, was raised by a gorilla, so then he became a jungle man.
Question 33: until / a professor and daughter / study / wildlife in the jungle / he / surprised / discover / he / human.
- a. It was not until a professor and his daughter came to study the wildlife in the jungle that he was surprised to discover that he was human.
- b. As until as a professor and his daughter came to study the wildlife in the jungle and he was surprised to discover that he was human.
- c. It was not until a professor and his daughter came to study the wildlife in the jungle as he was surprised to discover that he was human.
- d. It was until a professor and his daughter came to study the wildlife in the jungle that he was surprised to discover that he was human
Question 34: short time / jungle man / fall in love / professor’s daughter / not want / leave / gorilla family
- a. Only until a short time, the jungle man fell in love with the professor’s daughter and he did not want to leave the gorilla family.
- b. In a short time, although the jungle man fell in love with the professor’s daughter but he did not want to leave the gorilla family.
- c. After a short time, the jungle man fell in love with the professor’s daughter but he did not want to leave the gorilla family.
- d. During a short time, the jungle man was falling in love with the professor’s daughter so he did not want to leave the gorilla family.
Question 35: At last / girl / decide / stay / him / jungle.
- a. At last the girl decided to stay with him in the jungle.
- b. It was not until at last that the girl decided to stay with him in the jungle.
- c. Until at last that the girl decided to stay with him in the jungle.
- d. At last the girl decided staying with him in the jungle.
Read the passage carefully and choose the correct answer.
Women and men are biologically and spiritually different from each other. Men are more stable while women are more sensitive. Men are stronger while women are sweeter. Men excel themselves in natural sciences while women are the major in social sciences. They are various in the way they work, in the foods they eat and in the movies they prefer to watch. Even though there are some common ideas about the greatest movies of all time, generally women’s tastes toward genres, story and soundtrack of a movie are much diverse from men.
Women like romance movies but men prefer action and adventure films. Women like the passion, the emotion and the affection that the romance movies convey while men feel stronger, more energetic after seeing action movies. Unlike women who only remember the general feeling that the story of a movie leaves behind, men pay much more attention to the details and logical flow. Romance movies not only show women that such fairy tale love stories like Romeo and Juliet actually exist, but also strengthen their sensitivity. Men are always eager to discover new and wild experiences which happen to be the central topics of adventure movies. They also want to show that they are brave, strong and heroic as the main characters in every action films. That is why they naturally find action films. Men and women various views toward movies reflect truly the differences between two sexes not only in entertainment, but also in life. However, the ideas above are just some common views, and they are not quite suitable for all men and women.
Question 36: What is the main idea of the text?
- a. Men and women are different in views towards films.
- b. Men and women have the same views towards films.
- c. Romantic films are both men and women’s tastes.
- d. Men, women, and action films.
Question 37: From the text, we learn that ___.
- a. men are not good at natural sciences
- b. men are better at natural! sciences
- c. women never enjoy action films
- d. men never enjoy love stories
Question 38: The word They refers to ____.
- a. movies
- b. women
- c. men
- d. men and women
Question 39: According to the text, ____.
- a. women like action films more than men do
- b. men prefer love stories
- c. men do not like adventure films
- d. women like romance movies but men prefer action and adventure films
Question 40: When enjoying a film ____.
- a. men like the passion, the emotion and the affection that the romance movies convey
- b. men pay much more attention to the detail and logical flow
- c. women are interested in new and wild experiences
- d. women want to prove that they are as brave, strong and heroic as men
Fill in each numbered blank with one suitable word or phrase.
Modern cinema audiences expect (Question 41) ____ plenty of thrilling scenes in action films. These scenes (Question 42) ___ are known as stunts are usually (Question 43) ____ by stuntmen who are specially trained to do dangerous things (Question 44) ___. Anyone can crash a car, but if you are (Question 45) __a film, you have to be extremely precise, sometimes you drive and stop right in front of the camera and film crew. At (Question 46) ___ early stage in the (Question 47 ) ___, an expert stuntman is (Question 48) ____ to work out the action scenes and form a team. He is the only person who can go against the words of the director, (Question 49) ___ he will usually only (Question 50) ___ this in the regards of safe.
- a. see
- b. to see
- c. seeing
- d. seen
- a. which
- b. whom
- c. of that
- d. those
- a. produced
- b. performed
- c. cancelled
- d. interfered
- a. safe
- b. safety
- c. safely
- d. safeness
- a. firing
- b. working
- c. doing
- d. acting
- a. a
- b. an
- c. the
- d. no article
- a. produce
- b. product
- c. production
- d. productive
- a. called in
- b. came in
- c. checked in
- d. taken in
- a. despite
- b. in spite of
- c. due to
- d. because
- a. to do
- b. does
- c. do
- d. done
Xem thêm bài viết khác
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 12: Music (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10: Đề ôn tập học kì 2 (phần 5)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 11: National parks (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 3: People background (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 8: The story of my village (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10: Đề ôn tập học kì 2 (phần 4)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 7: The mass media (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10: Đề ôn tập học kì 2 (phần 9)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 1: A day in the life of... (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 4: Special education (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 2: School talks (P1) Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 2 - có đáp án
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 4: Special education (P2)