Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 15: Cities (P1)
Bài có đáp án. Câu hỏi và bài tập trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10: Unit 15: Cities (P1). Học sinh luyện tập bằng cách chọn đáp án của mình trong từng câu hỏi. Dưới cùng của bài trắc nghiệm, có phần xem kết quả để biết bài làm của mình. Kéo xuống dưới để bắt đầu.
Choose the word whose main stress is placed differently from the others in each group:
- a. capital
- b. different
- c. business
- d. apartment
- a. theater
- b. district
- c. locate
- d. famous
- a. southeastern
- b. visitor
- c. attractive
- d. convenient
- a. develop
- b. museum
- c. populate
- d. informal
- a. mingle
- b. whether
- c. harbor
- d. compare
Choose the best answer a, b, c or d for each sentence:
Question 6: Her ____ of English grammar is very extensive.
- a. knowing
- b. known
- c. knowable
- d. knowledge
Question 7: The program traced the ___ of popular music through the ages.
- a. develop
- b. developed
- c. developing
- d. development
Question 8: The pay _____ between workers and management is too great.
- a. differ
- b. difference
- c. different
- d. differential
Question 9: The bank has three branches in Norwich, and over three hundred ____.
- a. country
- b. countryside
- c. countrywide
- d. countryman
Question 10: We need to make the club ____ to a wider range of people.
- a. attract
- b. attraction
- c. attractive
- d. attractively
Question 11: She is performing in Birmingham tonight, on the third leg of her nationwide ____.
- a. tour
- b. tourist
- c. tourism
- d. tour guide
Question 12: He started off in the ____ trade before opening his own restaurant.
- a. build
- b. built
- c builder
- d. building
Question 13: The children were wearing traditional ____ costume.
- a. nations
- b. national
- c. nationalist
- d. nationalities
Question 14: He unhappy childhood was the ___ of her problems later in life.
- a. origin
- b. original
- c. originally
- d. originated
Question 15: He told me off for driving ____.
- a. care
- b. careless
- c. careful
- d. carrelessly
Question 16: I cannot see the ____ of visiting the museums in the city all day.
- a. attract
- b. attractive
- c. attractively
- d. attraction
Question 17: Graduate students are often required to write long papers ____ they state an opinion and give evidence to support it.
- a. in which
- b. that
- c. whom
- d. which
Question 18: ____ can cause diseases are called germs.
- a. Very small living things that
- b. Very small living things, that
- c. Very small living things
- d. Very small living things, which
Question 19: In a desert, there are places ____ some water is available and a few plants grow.
- a. that
- b. which
- c. where
- d. when
Question 20: The restaurant _____ was too expensive.
- a. whom the tour guide recommended
- b. for that the tour guide recommended
- c. where the tour guide recommended
- d. the tour guide recommended
Question 21: Mark Twain was a famous writer ____ books have been translated into many other languages.
- a. who
- b. whom
- c. that
- d. whose
Question 22: Hunger and poverty are worldwide problems to ____ solutions must be found.
- a. which
- b. that
- c. whose
- d. why
Question 23: ____ failed to match her expectation.
- a. Her elder daughter, that she placed the great trust
- b. Her elder daughter, in that she placed the great trust,
- c. Her elder daughter, in whom she placed the great trust,
- d. Her elder daughter in whom she placed the great trust,
Question 24: There are many bridges above ___.
- a. The River Thames, which flows through London
- b. The River Thames, that flows through London
- c. The River Thames which flows through London
- d. The River Thames flows through London
Question 25: We decided to keep walking ___ the rain.
- a. in case
- b. in spite of
- c. because of
- d. due to
Question 26: Although there are some serious problems to face, they do not have any intention to give up their project.
- a. Even
- b. As if
- c. Even if
- d. Provided that
Question 27: Although the math puzzle was difficult, those students tried their best to solve it.
- a. As if the math puzzle were difficult
- b. As difficult as the math puzzle
- c. Despite the math puzzle was difficult
- d. Difficult as the math puzzle was
Question 28: ____ I heard my mobile phone ringing, I did not answer it.
- a. Even though
- b. Despite
- c. In spite of
- d. Only if
Question 29: Can you please tell me ___ you decided to quit school?
- a. the reason which
- b. the reason that
- c. the reason, why
- d. the reason why
Question 30: I went on the excursion ____.
- a. because I was tired
- b. in spite of my tiredness
- c. due to my tiredness
- d. because of my tiredness
Find the one mistake (a, b, c or d) in these sentences
Question 31: She'll be coming tonight, although I don't know exact when.
- a. tonight
- b. although
- c. exact
- d. when
Question 32: We can't go to Julia's party because of we're going away that weekend.
- a. can't go to
- b. because of
- c. away
- d. that weekend
Question 33: In spite of his injuries, he bears not hatred towards his attackers.
- a. In spite of
- b. his injuries
- c. not hatred
- d. towards
Question 34: She took the money from her mother's purse, despite hers.
- a. took
- b. from
- c. despite
- d. hers
Question 35: He rang James, that was a good friend as well as the family doctor.
- a. rang
- b. that
- c. a good friend
- d. as well as
Read the passage carefully and choose the correct answer.
Hanoi, estimated population 3,083,800 (2004), is the capital of Vietnam. The city is located on the right bank of the Red River, 1,760 km north of Ho Chi Minh City. Through history, Hanoi was known by many names, such as Thang Long, Dong Do, Dong Quan, Bac Ha. In 1831 the Nguyen Dynasty renamed it Hanoi. Hanoi experiences the typical climate of northern Vietnam, where summers are hot and humid, and winters are cold and dry. The summer months from May to September receive the majority of rainfall in the year. The winter months from November to March are relatively dry, although spring then often brings light rains. The minimum winter temperature in Hanoi rarely goes lower than 6-7°C and summer can get as hot as 38-40°C. Hanoi experiences four full seasons in a year. Hanoi is often said to be the cultural center of Vietnam, where every dynasty has left behind their imprint. Even though some relics have not survived through wars and time, the city still has many interesting cultural and historic monuments for visitors and residents alike. Some of the prominent places are Ho Chi Minh mausoleum; Van Mieu, site of the oldest university in Vietnam; One Pillar Pagoda, and Flag Tower of Hanoi.
Hanoi is also the home of a number of museums, including Vietnamese National History Museum, the Revolution Museum and National Museum of Fine Arts. West Lake (Ho Tay) is a popular place for recreation, with small boats for hire.
Hanoi has many universities, colleges and institutes. Because many of the national universities are located in Hanoi, students from other provinces wishing to enter university often travel to Hanoi for the annual entrant examination. Such events often take place in June and July, when a large number of students and their families converge on the city a few weeks before and after the exam dates.
Trade is another strong sector of the city. The economic structure algo undergo important shifts, with tourism, finance and banking now playing an increasingly important role.
Question 36: Hanoi ____.
- a. had ever many different names
- b. is now called Thang Long
- c. is next to Ho Chi Minh City
- d. has only two seasons a year
Question 37: Which sentence is true?
- a. There is no river in Hanoi.
- b. The Red River flows through Hanoi
- c. Hanoi is only a small city.
- d. It is not hot in summer in Hanoi.
Question 38: Visitors ____.
- a. cannot visit any museums in Hanoi
- b. can visit many interesting historic monuments in Hanoi
- c. cannot enjoy any relics in Hanoi
- d. are not allowed to visit the monements in Hanoi a
Question 39: Visitors can hire small boats at ___.
- a. One Pillar Pagoda
- b. Flag Tower of Hanoi.
- c. National Museum of Fine Arts
- d. West Lake
Question 40: Hanoi ____.
- a. does not develop banking.
- b. does not allow students from other provinces to study at its universitieg
- c. develops tourism
- d. has not got any colleges
Fill in each numbered blank with one suitable word or phrase.
About 12 million people - 10 percent of Japan’s (Question 41) ____ -live in Tokyo, while about 36 million live in the Greater Tokyo Area, making it the center region of the world’s (Question 42) ____ most populous metropolitan area. It is (Question 43) ___ one of the world’s major global cities. Tokyo is the nation’s political, (Question 44) ___, and cultural center. Tokyo went on to (Question 45) ___ two major catastrophes and has recovered remarkably (Question 46) ___ both. One was the Great Kanto Earthquake in 1923, and the other was World War II. The firebombings in 1945 were (Question 47) ____ as devastating as the atomic bombs of Hiroshima and Nagasaki combined. Large areas of the city were flattened. Tokyo’s subway and commuter rail network have become the busiest in the world (Question 48) ____ more and more people moved to the area. It is a major international finance center and (Question 49) ____ of the headquarters of several of the world’s largest investment banks and insurance companies, and serves (Question 50) __ a hub for Japan’s transportation, publishing, and broadcasting industries.
- a. entertainment
- b. communication
- c. population
- d. attraction
- a. a
- b. an
- c. the
- d. no article
- a. said
- b. seen
- c. considered
- d. taken over
- a. economy
- b. economic
- c. economics
- d. economical
- a. suffer
- b. enjoy
- c. offer
- d. hand
- a. from
- b. in
- c. with
- d. over
- a. most of
- b. most
- c. almost
- d. the more
- a. because of
- b. as
- c. although
- d. despite
- a. remark
- b. sight
- c. point
- d. site
- a. as
- b. since
- c. because
- d. if
Xem thêm bài viết khác
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 9: Undersea world (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 14: The World Cup (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 8: The story of my village (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 15: Cities (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10: Đề ôn tập học kì 2 (phần 10)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 4: Special education (P2)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 1: A day in the life of... (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 16: Historical places (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10: Đề ôn tập học kì 2 (phần 9)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 4: Special education (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 11: National parks (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10: Đề ôn tập học kì 2 (phần 8)