Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 4: Special education (P1)
Bài có đáp án. Câu hỏi và bài tập trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10: Unit 4: Special education (P1). Học sinh luyện tập bằng cách chọn đáp án của mình trong từng câu hỏi. Dưới cùng của bài trắc nghiệm, có phần xem kết quả để biết bài làm của mình. Kéo xuống dưới để bắt đầu.
Choose the word which is stressed differently from the rest.
- a. improve
- b. result
- c. become
- d. answer
- a. fluently
- b. difficult
- c. willingly
- d. exciting
- a. extremely
- b. popular
- c. cheerfully
- d. excellent
- a. absence
- b. homework
- c. routine
- d. painting
- a. company
- b. computer
- c. scholarship
- d. difference
Choose the best answer a, b, c or d for each sentence.
Question 6: Were going to try to keep ____ as we grow older.
- a. act
- b. active
- c. action
- d. activity
Question 7: The ____ of policy is not our business - Our job is to put it into practice.
- a. determine
- b. to determine
- c. determination
- d. determined
Question 8: His wife was possibly the most highly ____ prime minister of this century.
- a. educate
- b. education
- c. educational
- d. educated
Question 9: My sister wasn't enjoying the chance so she thought she'd spoil it for everybody else - it was very ____ of her.
- a. children
- b. childish
- c. childhood
- d. childlike
Question 10: We're sorry that we weren't ____ to telephone you and your friends yesterday afternoon.
- a. able
- b. unable
- c. enabled
- d. disabled
Question 11: I feel so ____ because there's nothing I can do to make the youngster better.
- a. help
- b. helpful
- c. helpless
- d. helper
Question 12: ____, we ask for a deposit of $200 beforehand.
- a. Added
- b. Addition
- c. Additional
- d. Additionally
Question 13: The kids really liked the museum, _____ the elephants.
- a. special
- b. specialty
- c. specialize
- d. specially
Question 14: Travelers to the nation have been asked to Fill in a thorough ____.
- a. question
- b. questionnaire
- c. questioner
- d. questionable
Question 15: He had an ____ for a job with a foreign company two days ago.
- a. interview
- b. interviewee
- c. interviewer
- d. interviewing
Question 16: He makes money by raising poultry and cattle.
- a. creates
- b. earns
- c. produces
- d. spends
Question 17: Gold and diamonds ____ making jewelries.
- a. are used to
- b. are used for
- c. used to
- d. get used to
Question 18: They ____ living on farms and working on fields.
- a. are used to
- b. are used for
- c. used to
- d. did not use to
Question 19: The unemployed ____ some unemployment benefit, but it seems not to be enough for them to survive.
- a. gets
- b. has got
- c. get
- d. is getting
Question 20: She said she ___ to me, but she didn’t.
- a. would have written
- b. will have written
- c. would write
- d. will write
Question 21: He was very hard ____ for most of his life after being injured on his head.
- a. to hear
- b. hearing
- c. for hearing
- d. of hearing
Question 22: She is wearing a dress ____ mine.
- a. as
- b. alike
- c. likely
- d. like
Question 23: After a short time living in London, Paul are gradually used to ____ his car driving on the left side of the street.
- a. keep
- b. keeping
- c. kept
- b. be kept
Question 24: He ____ our company two years ago. He still for us.
- a. joins / worked
- b. joined / works
- c. had joined / is working
- d. was joining / will work
Question 25: Thanks to the invention of computers, we do not have to work hard as we ___.
- a. were
- b. were used to
- c. used to
- d. were used for
Question 26: At last, Mary claimed that she had no gift for music and could not master her piano lessons, ____ made her parents disappointed.
- a. that
- b. these
- c. for which
- d. which
Question 27: Disabled children have to be sent to school to get special education ___ at home.
- a. instead of being kept
- b. because of being at home
- c. which being kept at home
- d. due to the fact of being at home
Question 28: _____, I have difficulty pronouncing some English consonants which do not exist in my native language.
- a. Honest
- b. Be honest
- c. Honesty
- d. To be honest
Question 29: There are many different technologies such as hearing aids available to people ____ are hearing impaired.
- a. which
- b. whom
- c. whose
- d. who
Question 30: She is teaching some mentally retarded ____.
- a. adding and subtracting
- b. how to add and subtract
- c. added and subtracted
- d. for adding and subtracting
Choose the best sentence that can be made from the cues given.
Question 31: I / write / complain / poor quality / service / English for Children course.
- a. I am writing to complain about the poor quality of your service in the English for Children course.
- b. I am writing to complain about the poor quality that you service in the English for Children course.
- c. I am always writing to complain about the poor quality of which your service in the English for Children course.
- d. As a result, I am writing to complain about the poor quality of your service in the English for Children course.
Question 32: You / advertise / newspaper / there / less than 20 children / class / more than 30 of them / share a stuffy room
- a. Although you have ever advertised in the newspaper that there are less than 20 children in a class, but actually more than 30 of them have to share a stuffy room
- b. You have ever advertised in the newspaper that there are less than 20 children in a class, but actually more than 30 of them have to share a stuffy room.
- c. Even if you have ever advertised in the newspaper that there are less than 20 children in a class, but actually more than 30 of them have to share a stuffy room.
- d. You have ever advertised in the newspaper which there are less than 20 children in a class, furthermore more than 30 of them have to share a stuffy room.
Question 33: teacher / not well-qualified / enthusiasm / teach / my child / wrong pronunciations and spellings
- a. The teacher is not well-qualified and enthusiasm if he taught my child some wrong pronunciations and spellings.
- b. As if the teacher is not well-qualified and enthusiasm, he taught my child some wrong pronunciations and spellings.
- c. Due to the teacher is not well-qualified and enthusiasm, he taught my child some wrong pronunciations and spellings.
- d. The teacher is not well-qualified and enthusiasm. He taught my child some wrong pronunciations and spellings.
Question 34: I / you/ give / refund / you / change the teacher / reduce / number of the children
- a. I would like you to give me a refund in order that you have to change teacher and reduce the number of the children.
- b. I would like you to give me a refund so as you to change the teacher reduce the number of the children.
- c. I would like you to give me a refund otherwise you have to change the teacher and reduce the number of the children.
- d. I would like you to give me a refund in case you have to change the teacher and reduce the number of the children.
Question 35. I / hope / hear / you / soon / get / quick resolution of this problem.
- a. I hope that I will hear from you soon and get a quick resolution of this problem.
- b. I hope hearing from you soon and get a quick resolution of this problem.
- c. I hope that I will hear from you soon and getting a quick resolution of this problem.
- d. With the fact that I hope that I will hear from you soon and get a quick resolution of this problem.
Read the passage carefully and choose the correct answer.
In Australia, schools for disabled children were begun in the late 1800s by charitable organisations. The government began to provide special schools from the 1920s, but until the 1980s, a system for educating all children, no matter what their disability, was taken on as a government responsibility. Newcastle and Macquarie Universities were two universities which have promoted Early Childhood Intervention from the 1970s until today. Special Education teachers are still trained at those universities. In 1996, a report by David McRae, found that the way children with disabilities had changed very little over the years. He proposed government funding be tied to the children rather than the setting in order to encourage more Special Education. While not all of his recommendations have been heard, this report made a change in funding and an increase in the number of children with disabilities being able to enter their local schools.
Today most children with disabilities are educated in their local schools, although the majority have mild disabilities. There are also small special classes attached to local schools, and special schools, which accept children who have moderate, severe, or profound disabilities. The Distance Education unit also provides Special Education to those who live in isolated villages. To gain Special Education support, children need to have a diagnosis provided by a doctor or a psychologist. Families have the right to choose schools and classes for their children.
Question 36: The text is about ____.
- a. Newcastle and Macquarie Universities
- b. Special Education in Australia
- c. disabled children in Australia
- d. Australian Government
Question 37: Australian Government _____.
- a. pays no attention to the disabled
- b. bans special education
- c. is responsible for educating children with disabilities
- d. has no project to educate children with disabilities
Question 38: David McRae _____.
- a. did not do research on children with disabilities
- b. did research on children with disabilities
- c. did not approve on using the government funds for special education
- d. was only interested in university education
Question 39: The word funding has a close meaning to _____.
- a. money
- b. special schools
- c. special classes.
- d. universities
Question 40: Which sentence is false?
- a. Children need to have a diagnosis provided by a doctor or a psychologist to gain Special Education support.
- b. Parents have rights to choose schools and classes for their children.
- c. Only childen with severe disabilities can get Special Education.
- d. Those who live in isolated villages can also be provided with Special Education
Fill in each numbered blank with one suitable word or phrase.
Many books on disability and disability rights point out that the disabled community is one of very (Question 41)____ groups of people that one does not have to be born into, as disability can develop later in life as well. Some disability rights activists use an acronym TAB, “Temporarily Able-Bodied”, as (Question 42) ____ reminder that many people may become disabled, either from accidents, illness, poor health (Question 43) _____ poor fitness, especially if they happen to the old people.
In most areas of the world, but especially in developed countries, the number of people with disabilities is growing and becoming a more (Question 44) ___ percentage of the population. The main reasons are longer lives (Question 45) ____ clean water, better food, shelter, medicine and medical (Question 46) ____. Accidents, genetics, illness and poor health are (Question 47) ___ effective reasons for reducing the population.
Physical trauma both arising from accidents and violence, particularly war and it subsequents, lead to serious disability such as the impaired limbs. (Question 48)_____ some big cities, traffic accidents are (Question 49) ___ common causes of disabilities. Most disabilities have psychological and sociological factors (Question 50) ___ usually are much more important than any physical factors.
- a. few
- b. a few
- c. little
- d. some
- a. a
- b. an
- c. the
- d. no article
- a. nor
- b. or
- c. and
- d. as well
- a. expensive
- b. dangerous
- c. significant
- d. minor
- a. because
- b. beause of
- c. as though
- d. but for
- a. overdose
- b. drug using
- c. injection
- d. treatment
- a. any more
- b. any longer
- c. more and more
- d. no longer
- a. For
- b. At
- c. In
- d. To
- a. the most
- b. most
- c. more than
- d. the more
- a. that is
- b. which
- c. is which
- d. whose
Xem thêm bài viết khác
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 13: Films and cinema (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 14: The World Cup (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10: Đề ôn tập học kì 2 (phần 10)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 7: The mass media (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 4: Special education (P2)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 10: Conservation (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 12: Music (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 9: Undersea world (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10: Đề ôn tập học kì 2 (phần 8)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 15: Cities (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 2: School talks (P1) Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 2 - có đáp án
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10: Đề ôn tập học kì 2 (phần 7)