Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 6: An excursion (P1)
Bài có đáp án. Câu hỏi và bài tập trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10: Unit 6: An excursion (P1). Học sinh luyện tập bằng cách chọn đáp án của mình trong từng câu hỏi. Dưới cùng của bài trắc nghiệm, có phần xem kết quả để biết bài làm của mình. Kéo xuống dưới để bắt đầu.
Choose the word whose main stress is placed differently from the others in each group:
- a. excursion
- b. occasion
- c. protective
- d. multiple
- a. number
- b. recent
- c. problem
- d. ahead
- a. mountain
- b. event
- c. nation
- d. country
- a. beauty
- b. painting
- c. wonder
- d. relax
- a. different
- b. together
- c. computer
- d. occasion
Choose the best answer a, b, c or d for each sentence.
Question 6: Most police ____ get a prize for their information.
- a. inform
- b. informers
- c. information
- d. informational
Question 7: Tents come in ____ shapes and sizes.
- a. vary
- b. variety
- c. various
- d. variously
Question 8: He is in a much _____ mood than usual.
- a. well
- b. good
- c. better
- d. best
Question 9: The girl just sat there giggling like a naughty ___.
- a. schoolchild
- b. school day
- c. school house
- d. schooling
Question 10: Her explanation certainly sounded _____.
- a. belief
- b. believe
- c. believer
- d. believable
Question 11: He asked to be put under police _____.
- a. protect
- b. protected
- c. protection
- d. protective
Question 12: ____, we'll arrive before dark.
- a. Hope
- b. Hopeful
- c. Hopefully
- d. Hopefulness
Question 13: The weather is very ____ at this time of year.
- a. change
- b. changed
- c. changeable
- d. changeless
Question 14: Someone had ____ left a window open.
- a. care
- b. careless
- c. carelessness
- d. carelessly
Question 15: I like most sports but tennis is my first ____.
- a. love
- b. lover
- c. lovely
- d. loveless
Question 16: Might we be sure ___ his honesty.
- a. on
- b. in
- c. for
- d. of
Question 17: New-born babies must be keep ____.
- a. warm
- b. warmly
- c. warmth
- d. warming
Question 18: We intend to have a ____ around Europe but our mother prefer visiting Vietnam and China.
- a. fourteen days trip
- b. fourteen day trip
- c. fourteen-day trip
- d. trip in fourteen days
Question 19: It is a grey day today. The sun _____.
- a. not shines
- b. is not shining
- c. has not shone
- d. had not shone
Question 20: Mary ____ to work everyday, but today she ____ for the bus.
- a. is driving / waits
- b. drives / is waiting
- c. has driven / is going to wait
- d. is going to drive / has waited
Question 21: She seemed ___ some trouble with her computer.
- a. to have
- b. having
- c. has
- d. had
Question 22: The problem ____ we could not find the way to get out of the forest before it got darker and darker.
- a. was to
- b. was which
- c. was that
- d. that was
Question 23: Excursions can help us ___ after working for a very long time.
- a. relax
- b. relaxing
- c. relaxed
- d. are relaxing
Question 24: I hope you ____ able to take part in the trip to the seaside with us.
- a. are
- b. was
- c. going to
- d. will be
Question 25: Please close the windows. The rain ____.
- a. came
- b. is coming
- c. would come
- d. had come
Question 26: Are you free this afternoon? — No, I am not. I ____ a lecture given by Professor Jones.
- a. am attending
- b. attend
- c. attended
- d. have attended
Question 27: What will you do with this room? I ____ it repainted.
- a. have had
- b. had
- c. is going to have
- d. would have
Question 28: There is an international football match on TV tonight. Liverpool ______ against Manchester.
- a. are playing
- b. has played
- c. was playing
- d. has been playing.
Question 29: These boys ____ in the garden for three hours.
- a. are working
- b. have been working
- c. will be working
- d. were working
Question 30: Tomorrow we ____ this place. I ____ for this.
- a. are going to leave / am waiting
- b. will please / waited
- c. have left / have waited
- d. had left / was waiting
Choose the best sentence that can be made from the cues given.
Question 31: tomorrow / my brother’s 18th birthday / I / hold / party / him.
- a. Tomorrow is my brother’s 18th birthday so I am going to hold a party for him.
- b. Tomorrow is when my brother’s 18th birthday, I am going to hold a party for him.
- c. It is tomorrow is my brother’s 18th birthday, I am going to hold a party for him.
- d. When tomorrow is my brother’s 18th birthday I am going to hold a party for him.
Question 32: you / go shopping / me / this afternoon / help / cooking / tomorrow?
- a. If you please go shopping with me this afternoon and help me with the cooking tomorrow?
- b. I wonder if you can please go shopping with me this afternoon and help me with the cooking tomorrow?
- c. Can you please go shopping with me this afternoon and help me with the cooking tomorrow?
- d. Would you mind please go shopping with me this afternoon and help me with the cooking tomorrow?
Question 33: I/ want / give / very special birthday present / I / appreciate your recommendation.
- a. I also want to give him so a very special birthday present that and I appreciate your recommendation.
- b. I also want to give him a very special birthday present so that I appreciate your recommendation.
- c. I also want to give him a very special birthday present, and I appreciate your recommendation.
- d. As I also want to give him a very special birthday present so I appreciate your recommendation.
Question 34: OK / I / pick you up / 4 o’clock / afternoon?
- a. Do you OK if I pick you up at 4 o'clock in the afternoon?
- b. Is it OK if I pick you up at 4 o'clock in the afternoon?
- c. Do you mind it is OK if I pick you up at 4 o'clock in the afternoon?
- d. I wonder is it OK if I pick you up at 4 o'clock in the afternoon?
Question 35: I / look forward to / hear / you / soon
- a. I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.
- b. I am looking forward to hear from you soon.
- c. So am I looking forward to hearing from you soon.
- d. However, I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Read the passage carefully and choose the correct answer.
How are you? How are things getting along?
I have just received your letter. My classmates and I are very interested in the pictures of Ha Long Bay that you sent me. It is surely an ideal place for holidays. I hope I will visit the Bay in some day. And of course, I think I should also tell you something about the place where I live. It is the Thames.
The Thames is a river flowing through southern England and connecting London with the sea. The Thames has a length of 346 km. The whole of the River Thames drains a catchment area of some 12,935 square km. By the 18th century, the Thames was one of the world’s busiest waterways, as London became the centre of the British Empire. In the early 1980s, a massive flood-control device, the Thames Barrier, was built. It is closed several times a year to prevent water damage to London’s low-lying areas upstream. The water is to support the natural environment, and the community needs for water supplies to homes, industry and agriculture. The River Thames is crossed by many bridges and tunnels. On the far right is the Tower of London. The area to the west of London is normally called the Thames Valley, while east of Tower Bridge development agencies and Ministers have taken to using the term Thames Gateway. Rowing and sailing are the main sports which take place on the River Thames. There are many clubs which encourage participation in these sports and organise racing and inter-club competitions. The Thames is also an inspiration for a lot of famous authors, such as William Shakespeare and Charles Dickens.
I enclose some pictures so that you can enjoy the picturesque scenes of the Thames.
I think that’s all for now. Please send my regards to your parents.
Question 36: The text is about ____.
- a. Ha Long Bay
- b. the Thames
- c. William Shakespeare
- d. Charles Dickens
Question 37: The Thames ___
- a. used to be of the world’s busiest waterways
- b. does not flow through London
- c. does not pour into the sea
- d. flows through northern England
Question 38: The Thames Barrier was built ____.
- a. to supply water
- b. to drain waste
- c. to prevent flood
- d. to connect London with the sea
Question 39: Which sentence is true?
- a. There are not any bridges on the Thames River.
- b. The Thames has a length of 346 km
- c. In the 18 century, London was not the centre of the British Empire
- d. The Thames River is crossed by no tunnels.
Question 40: ____ are the most popular sports on the Thames River.
- a. Skiing and diving
- b. Football and baseball
- c. Rowing and sailing
- d. Racing and running
Fill in each numbered blank with one suitable word or phrase.
The distance between New York and Hawaii is just about (Question 41) ____ the distance between London and Beijing. Many travelers (Question 42) _____ travel across the Unites States from east to west are very surprised (Question 43) _____ its size. It is so enormous (Question 44) ____ many states are larger than entire countries in Europe. The airplane speeds on, hour (Question 45) ______ hour, over rolling farm, huge cities, empty deserts, high mountains, and wide, fast-flowing rivers. This is a country without climate. It has every (Question 46) ____ climate. In one region there are great differences of climate and landscape. It can snow in New York. (Question 47) ___ foggy in San Francisco, rain in Atlanta, and be sunny and hot in Phoenix all on (Question 48) _____ same day. It is a country without one kind of agriculture. It has every (Question 49) _____ of plants and trees. What grow in the hot, wet South seems (Question 50) _____ in the cold, windy North.
- a. as same as
- b. the same as
- c. a same as
- d. same as
- a. who
- b. whom
- c. whose
- d. which
- a. on
- b. for
- c. of
- d. at
- a. that
- b. as
- c. which
- d. enough
- a. before
- b. after
- c. with
- d. in
- a. possible
- b. possibly
- c. possibility
- d. impossibility
- a. is
- b. to be
- c. be
- d. being
- a. a
- b. an
- c. the
- d. no article
- a. piece
- b. sheet
- c. amount
- d. kind
- a. do not grow
- b. not growing
- c. not to grow
- d. not grown
Xem thêm bài viết khác
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 7: The mass media (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 11: National parks (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10: Đề ôn tập học kì 2 (phần 8)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 3: People background (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 15: Cities (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 10: Conservation (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 14: The World Cup (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10: Đề ôn tập học kì 2 (phần 10)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10: Đề ôn tập học kì 2 (phần 5)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10: Đề ôn tập học kì 2 (phần 6)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 8: The story of my village (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 16: Historical places (P1)