Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 7: The mass media (P1)
Bài có đáp án. Câu hỏi và bài tập trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10: Unit 7: The mass media (P1). Học sinh luyện tập bằng cách chọn đáp án của mình trong từng câu hỏi. Dưới cùng của bài trắc nghiệm, có phần xem kết quả để biết bài làm của mình. Kéo xuống dưới để bắt đầu.
Choose the word whose main stress is placed differently from the others in each group:
- a. partner
- b. something
- c. classmate
- d. discuss
- a. national
- b. Liverpool
- c. recommend
- d. internet
- a. animal
- b. comedy
- c. importance
- d. different
- a. unknown
- b. wealthy
- c. moment
- d. mountain
- a. comment
- b. reading
- c. healthy
- d. lucky
Choose the best answer a, b, c or d for each sentence:
Question 6: They take a ____ interest in their grandchildren.
- a. live
- b. alive
- c. lively
- d. living
Question 7: We're reading a _____ book this week.
- a. differ
- b. difference
- c. different
- d. differently
Question 8: She has been ____ criticized in the press.
- a. heavy
- b. heaviness
- c. heavier
- d. heavily
Question 9: Ask me again tomorrow. I'll have to give it some ____.
- a. think
- b. thought
- c. thoughtful
- d. thoughtless
Question 10: After the accident he suffered from loss of ____.
- a. memory
- b. memorize
- c. memorable
- d. memorably
Question 11: Diet plays an important role in the ____ of heart disease.
- a. manage
- b. manager
- c. management
- d. manageable
Question 12: Students say it is helpful if teachers ____ their pronunciation.
- a. correct
- b. correction
- c. corrective
- d. correctly
Question 13: Officially, Robert's in charge, but in Hannah ____ runs the office.
- a. practice
- b. practise
- c. practical
- d. practically
Question 14: Many locals are ____ opposed to the development.
- a. strength
- b. strong
- c. strengthen
- d. strongly
Question 15: Keep ____ by eating well and exercising regularly.
- a. health
- b. healthful
- c: healthy
- d. healthily
Questionv 16: The teacher recommended his students to learn one more foreign language.
- a. forced
- b. allowed
- c. advised
- d. permitted
Question 17: On average, American people spend ten hours per week ___ newspapers.
- a. read
- b. to read
- c. for reading
- d. reading
Question 18: Mr. Pike ___ English in our school for twenty-five years and he ____ next month.
- a. teaches / retires
- b. has taught / will retire
- c. is teaching / is going to retire
- d. taught / is retiring
Question 19: We have to suffer flood and hot weather ____ uncontrollable forest destruction.
- a. because of
- b. because
- c. in spite of
- d. instead of
Question 20: She just likes him ____ his looks.
- a. as to
- b. since
- c. as
- d. because of
Question 21: He ____ his driving test yesterday. Up to now, he ____ three times.
- a. has failed / failed
- b. failed / has failed
- c. was failing / will failed
- d. failed / is failing
Question 22: She stopped eating meat ____.
- a. because how she felt
- b. because of how she felt
- c. how she felt
- d. as how she felt
Question 23: _____ he works as hard as he used to.
- a. Although his older
- b. Because of he is old
- c. In spite of his age
- d. As aging
Question 24: I left home early ____ I had to do several errands.
- a. because
- b. because of
- c. due to
- d. so as to
Question 25: It has been a long time since I ____ my native village.
- a. leave
- b. have left
- c. left
- d. had left
Question 26: They have worked as porters since 1999.
- a. They began to work as porters in 1999.
- b. They worked as porters in 1999.
- c. They did not work as porters in 1999.
- d. They do not work as porters from 1999 up to now.
Question 27: _____ mass transportation and mass media, the world seems to be a much smaller place
- a. Mainly because of
- b. Mainly because
- c. Mainly as
- d. Mainly in spite of
Question 28: How ____ time do you use the Internet to get news?
- a. long
- b. much
- c. many
- d. often
Question 29: I personally think English grammar is___ difficult, compared to French and Russian.
- a. little
- b. less
- c. least
- d. the least
Question 30: We look forward to ___ that film, which has been praised by several film reviewers.
- a. see
- b. seeing
- c. saw
- d. seen
Choose the best sentence that can be made from the cues given.
Question 31: Some people / opinions / TV / damage / human brain / TV watching / addictive.
- a. Some people express their opinions that TV can damage the human brain because TV watching is addictive.
- b. As some people express their opinions that TV can damage the human brain because TV watching is addictive.
- c. Some people express their opinions so that TV can damage the human brain because TV watching is addictive.
- d. Some people express their opinions that TV can damage the human brain despite TV watching is addictive.
Question 32: Others / say / TV / contribute / the decline / moral values / violene
- a. Others say that TV contributes to the decline of the moral values spite of violence.
- b. Others say that TV contributes to the decline of the moral values due to violence.
- c. Others say that TV contributes to the decline of the moral values because violence.
- d. Others say that TV contributes to the decline of the moral values as violence.
Question 33: However / no one / deny / advantages / TV / bring / our lives.
- a. However, no one who can deny the advantages that TV brings to our lives.
- b. However, there is no one can deny the advantages that TV brings to our lives.
- c. However, no one can deny the advantages that TV brings to our lives.
- d. However, no one cannot deny the advantages that TV brings to our lives.
Question 34: TV / positive / negative / effects / TV viewers
- a. TV has both positive and negative effects on TV viewers.
- b. TV has neither positive nor negative effects on TV viewers.
- c. TV has either positive or negative effects on TV viewers.
- d. TV has no positive and negative effects on TV viewers.
Question 35: most important thing / ways / people / watch / TV
- a. The most important thing is that the ways in which people watch TV.
- b. The most important thing it is the ways in which people watch TV.
- c. The most important thing that is the ways in which people watch TV.
- d. The most important thing is the ways in which people watch TV.
Read the passage carefully and choose the correct answer.
In the early years of television, educational specialists believed that it would be very useful in teaching and learning. Many schools have bought television sets, intending to use them effectively to improve the quality of education; but actually they are rarely used properly in classrooms. Meanwhile, children spending the majority of their out-of-school hours watching TV and their typical school days proceed as if television did not exist.
There are some explanations for the failure of television to get the interest of the teachers. Firstly, the schools that purchased television sets have not set aside money for equipment repairs and maintenance so these television sets are sooner and later out of work. Secondly, these schools have not found an effective way to train teachers to integrate television into their ongoing instructional programs. Lastly, most teachers do not regard the quality of television and its usefulness in the classroom.
Teachers at the schools work hard for at least twelve years to train their students to become good readers. However, according a recent statistics, teenagers seldom spend their free time reading books and newspapers but watching television instead.
Question 36: The text is about ___.
- a. the use of television at schools
- b. teaching and learning television
- c. educational specialists
- d. watching TV outside school
Question 37: When TV first appeared, educational specialists ___.
- a. did not appreciate it
- b. did not think it would be useful
- c. believed it would be useful for schooling
- d. banned children from watching TV
Question 38: According to the text, TV .
- a. has not been used properly in classrooms
- b. has been used effectively in classrooms
- c. has not existed in classrooms
- d. has not attracted students’ interest
Question 39: There are ____ explanations for the failure of television to get the interest of the teachers.
- a. two
- b. three
- c. four
- d. five
Question 40: Children spend their free time ____.
- a. reading books
- b. reading newspapers
- c. learning foreign languages
- d. watching TV
Fill in each numbered blank with one suitable word or phrase.
In the first part of the twentieth century, before a television set became an important (Question 41) ____ of entertainment of most households, radio program was different (Question 42) ___ what it is now. Children rushed home from school to listen to “Story Hour”. Someone was reading (Question 43) ____ exciting story or a part of a story while the children’s imaginations provided visual images to fit the spoken ones. People listened to serials or stories (Question 44) ____ were broken into one-hour segments. Because each hour ended with suspense, listeners have to (Question 45) ______ at the same time the next day to find out what would happen.
Families gathered around the radio at night to listen to important news or favorite programs. However, (Question 46) ____ there is the appearance of television, radio programming has changed. Radio stories have become a thing of the past (Question 47)____ the fact that people prefer both to watch (Question 48) ____ to hear. Radio is now a medium that is used more often in a car (Question 49) ______ in a home. Because music and news are (Question 50) ____ types of programs to listen to in a car, they are the most common. Radio, in fact, has become the music medium. It provides music for all tastes.
- a. device
- b. way
- c. machinery
- d. method
- a. on
- b. with
- c. in
- d. from
- a. a
- b. an
- c. the
- d. no article
- a. that
- b. who
- c. whom
- d. whose
- a. take off
- b. turn down
- c. tune in
- d. make up
- a. because
- b. because of
- c. in spite of
- d. despite
- a. because
- b. because of
- c. in spite of
- d. despite
- a. nor
- b. or
- c. and
- d. but also
- a. as
- b. so
- c. more than
- d. than
- a. the easier
- b. easiest
- c. more easier
- d. the easiest
Xem thêm bài viết khác
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 4: Special education (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 11: National parks (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 3: People background (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 15: Cities (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10: Đề ôn tập học kì 2 (phần 9)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 4: Special education (P2)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 12: Music (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 10: Conservation (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10: Đề ôn tập học kì 2 (phần 5)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 1: A day in the life of... (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 6: An excursion (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 10 Unit 13: Films and cinema (P1)