Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 8 Unit 13: Festivals (P2)
Bài có đáp án. Câu hỏi và bài tập trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 8: Unit 13: Festivals (P2). Học sinh luyện tập bằng cách chọn đáp án của mình trong từng câu hỏi. Dưới cùng của bài trắc nghiệm, có phần xem kết quả để biết bài làm của mình. Kéo xuống dưới để bắt đầu.
Choose the letter a, b, c or d the word that has different stress pattern from others.
- a. teammate
- b. export
- c. plumber
- d. throughout
- a. jolly
- b. prepare
- c. leader
- d. success
- a. festival
- b. performance
- c. communal
- d. deliver
- a. mushroom
- b. council
- c. upset
- d. carol
- a. perform
- b. export
- c. bamboo
- d. teammate
Choose the letter a, b, c or d to complete the sentences
Question 6: _______, we ask for a deposit of $200 beforehand.
- a. Added
- b. Addition
- c. Additional
- d. Additionally
Question 7: I don’t go _______ her views on private medicine.
- a. together with
- b. on with
- c. away with
- d. along with
Question 8: “I am going to take part in the water-fetching contest” my father said.
- a. My father said that he was going to take part in the water-fetching contest.
- b. My father said that he is going to take part in the water-fetching contest.
- c. My father said that I am going to take part in the water-fetching contest.
- d. My father said that I was going to take part in the water-fetching contest.
Question 9: In spite _______, the baseball game was not cancelled.
- a. the rain
- b. of the rain
- c. it was raining
- d. there was a rain
Question 10: It is ______ that English is ______ by many people in the world.
- a. told / talked
- b. talked / said
- c. spoken / told
- d. said / spoken
Question 11: Harry and Kate are talking in Harry’s office. Kate: “May I open the window?” Harry: “ _______”.
- a. What suits you?
- b. You are free.
- c. Accommodate yourself!
- d. Go ahead
Question 12: Dr. Evans has ________a valuable contribution to the life of the school.
- a. done
- b. created
- c. caused
- d. made
Question 13. Bob had someone _____ his house.
- a. paint
- b. paints
- c. painted
- d. painting
Question 14. John said he couldn’t repair the car the ___ day.
- a. before
- b. following
- c. this
- d. that
Question 15. ____ is a person whose job is to put in and repair things like water pipes and baths.
- a. Plumber
- b. Gardener
- c. Florist
- d. Inventor
Rewrite sentences without changing the meaning
Question 16: Let’s go to the Flower Festival tomorrow.
- a. Why not go to the Flower Festival tomorrow?
- b. What not go to the Flower Festival tomorrow?
- c. When not go to the Flower Festival tomorrow?
- d. Where not go to the Flower Festival tomorrow?
Question 17: Don’t miss the opening ceremony of the festival.
- a. Let’s miss the opening ceremony of the festival.
- b. Do not remember the opening ceremony of the festival.
- c. Forget the opening ceremony of the festival.
- d. Remember to attend the opening ceremony of the festival.
Question 18: This is the most wonderful performance I have ever seen.
- a. It’s such a boring performance that I can’t see.
- b. I have never seen a more wonderful performance before.
- c. This performance is the worst I have ever seen.
- d. I don’t like this performance.
Question 19: This show is suitable for children under the age of 10.
- a. This show is proper for children under the age of 10.
- b. This show is super for children under the age of 10.
- c. This show is probable for children under the age of 10.
- d. This show is enable for children under the age of 10.
Question 20: The theater has 1000 seats.
- a. There are one thousand seats in the theater.
- b. The theater are one thousand seats.
- c. Seats have one thousand in the theater.
- d. One thousand seats are there in the theater.
Choose the word (a, b, c, or d) that best fits each of the blank spaces.
Harvest Festival is (Question 21) ____ October. It is a very ancient (Question 22) ___ but it is also part of the Christian tradition. It (Question 23) ____ new crops and food. Children often bring fruit, vegetables and cereals into school. Schools usually give the food to hospitals or (Question 24) ___ old people. (Question 25) ____ the past, people sometimes (Question 26) ___ traditional dolls out of corn.
- a. in
- b. at
- c. on
- d. from
- a. thing
- b. festival
- c. vacation
- d. holiday
- a. gives
- b. supplies
- c. celebrates
- d. holds
- a. for
- b. to
- c. about
- d. of
- a. In
- b. At
- c. On
- d. Since
- a. make
- b. made
- c. making
- d. are making
Read the following passage and choose the item (a, b, c, or d) that best answers each of the questions about it.
Different cultures have different ways of celebrating the new year. Most of these customs are observed to bring good luck.
On New Year’s Eve in Mexico, people wait for the clocks to strike midnight. At the first sound of the bells, people begin to eat grapes. They must eat 12 grapes before the bells ring 12 times.
In the South of the United States, people eat black-eyed peas on New Year's Day. Some people think you have to eat 365 peas to have good luck every day of the new year.
In Greece, people throw old things such as plates, glasses, and even furniture out of the window on New Year's Day.
Question 27. What do they do on New Year's Day in Mexico?
- a. They wait for the clocks to strike midnight.
- b. They eat grapes.
- c. They try to eat 12 grapes before the bells ring 12 times.
- d. no information
Question 28. What do they do on New Year’s Day in the South of the United States?
- a. They eat black-eyed peas.
- b. They eat grapes
- c. They throw old things out of the window.
- d. no information
Question 29. What does the word ‘they’ refer to?
- a. The American
- b. The Greek
- c. The Mexican
- d. The Vietnamese
Question 30. What does ‘such as’ in line 9 mean?
- a. however
- b. for example
- c. instead of
- d. as soon as
Question 31. Which of the following is NOT true?
- a. Different cultures have the same way of celebrating the new year.
- b. People believe that the customs will bring good luck.
- c. On New Year’s Eve, the Mexican begin to eat grapes at 12 p.m.
- d. In the South of the United States, people try to eat 365 black-eyed peas on New Year’s Day.
Xem thêm bài viết khác
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 8 Unit 5: Study habits (P2)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 8 unit 16: Inventions (P2)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 8 unit 15: Computers (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 8 Unit 11: Traveling around Viet Nam (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 8 Unit 2: Making arrangements (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 8 Unit 14: Wonders of the world (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 8 Unit 12: A vacation abroad (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 8 Unit 8: Country life and city life (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 8 Unit 7: My neighborhood (P2)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 8 Unit 4: Our past (P2)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 8 Unit 5: Study habits (P1)
- Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 8 Unit 9: A first - aid course (P1)