Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 8 Unit 13: Festivals (P1)
Bài có đáp án. Câu hỏi và bài tập trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 8: Unit 13: Festivals (P1). Học sinh luyện tập bằng cách chọn đáp án của mình trong từng câu hỏi. Dưới cùng của bài trắc nghiệm, có phần xem kết quả để biết bài làm của mình. Kéo xuống dưới để bắt đầu.
Choose the letter a, b, c or d the word that has the underlined part different from others.
- a. festival
- b. fetch
- c. pottery
- d. upset
- a. fond
- b. pottery
- c. pomegranate
- d. marigold
- a. fire
- b. silly
- c. rice
- d. right
- a. marigold
- b. preparation
- c. bamboo
- d. grand
- a. student
- b. jumble
- c. plumber
- d. husk
Choose the letter a, b, c or d to complete the sentences
Question 6: I shouldn’t drink that wine if I _____ you.
- a. were
- b. are
- c. was
- d. have been
Question 7: An English-speaking contest______ at Nguyen Hue School next month.
- a. will hold
- b. holds
- c. will be held
- d. is held
Question 8: They are going ____________ Halong Bay in this summer vacation.
- a. visit
- b. visiting
- c. to visit
- d. visited
Question 9: It was _____ a boring speech that I felt asleep.
- a. such
- b. so
- c. very
- d. too
Question 10: He said he _______ see his brother the next day.
- a. ought to
- b. should
- c. would
- d. must
Question 11: A a contest in which participants have to cook rice is a _________ contest.
- a. rice-cook
- b. rice-cooking
- c. cook-rice
- d. cooking-rice
Question 12: I _______ home once a week to tell my parents I'm okay.
- a. rang
- b. had rung
- c. ring
- d. have rung
Question 13. They recently returned ___ Paris from London.
- a. to
- b. for
- c. towards
- d. Ø
Question 14. Could you talk ___?
- a. more quiet
- b. quieter
- c. quietlier
- d. more quietly
Question 15. I thanked my classmate____helping me with my homework.
- a. for
- b. about
- c. of
- d. Ø
Choose the letter a, b, c or d to complete the sentences with given words
Question 16: Tet/ be/ an/ occasion/ family/ reunions/ Vietnam
- a. Tet is an occasion for family reunions in Vietnam.
- b. Tet be an occasion for family reunions in Vietnam.
- c. Tet are an occasion for family reunions in Vietnam.
- d. Tet will be an occasion for family reunions in Vietnam.
Question 17: Many/ children/ Vietnam/ look forward/ Mid-Autumn Festival/ because/ they/ can/ go parade.
- a. Many children in Vietnam look forward on Mid-Autumn Festival because they can go parade.
- b. Many children in Vietnam look forward for Mid-Autumn Festival because they can go parade.
- c. Many children in Vietnam look forward to Mid-Autumn Festival because they can go parade.
- d. Many children in Vietnam look forward of Mid-Autumn Festival because they can go parade.
Question 18: Some/ people/ think/ buffalo-fighting/ Hai Phong/ violent.
- a. Some people think that buffalo-fighting in Hai Phong is violent.
- b. Some people think that buffalo-fighting in Hai Phong are violent.
- c. Some people thinks that buffalo-fighting in Hai Phong are violent.
- d. Some people thinks that buffalo-fighting in Hai Phong is violent.
Question 19: Thanh Giong Festival/ commemorate/ Saint Giong/, an imaginary/ hero/ the/ Vietnamese.
- a. Thanh Giong Festival commemorates Saint Giong, a imaginary hero of the Vietnamese.
- b. Thanh Giong Festival commemorates Saint Giong, an imaginary hero of the Vietnamese.
- c. Thanh Giong Festival commemorate Saint Giong, an imaginary hero of the Vietnamese.
- d. Thanh Giong Festival commemorate Saint Giong, a imaginary hero of the Vietnamese.
Question 20: I think/ it/ be/ waste/ of/ money/ buy/ expensive/ offerings.
- a. I think it be a waste of money to buy expensive offerings.
- b. I think it be a waste of money buying expensive offerings.
- c. I think it’s a waste of money buying expensive offerings.
- d. I think it’s a waste of money to buy expensive offerings.
Choose the word (a, b, c, or d) that best fits each of the blank spaces.
In most cultures, people (Question 21) ____ the new year (Question 22) ___ January 1.
(Question 23) ____, in some cultures, the new year begins on a different date. (Question 24) ____, the Chinese new year is in (Question 25) _____ January or early February, the Jewish new year is in September or October, and the Islamic new year is usually (Question 26) ____ May.
- a. have
- b. arrange
- c. prepare
- d. celebrate
- a. in
- b. at
- c. on
- d. of
- a. And
- b. However
- c. Although
- d. Because
- a. For example
- b. Besides
- c. But
- d. However
- a. late
- b. lately
- c. later
- d. latest
- a. in
- b. at
- c. on
- d. of
Read the following passage and choose the item (a, b, c, or d) that best answers each of the questions about it.
One of the festivals in the Buddhist tradition is called Vesak. It takes place in April or May, and it lasts for three days. The festival celebrates the life of the Buddha, and it also marks the beginning of the Buddhist year. During the festival, Buddhists decorate their houses and streets with flowers and paper lanterns. They give presents to monks and to poor people, and they send each other cards. In India, they sometimes buy birds in cages and set them free.
Question 27. What is Vesak?
- a. A festival
- b. The beginning of the Buddhist year
- c. An event
- d. A contest
Question 28. How long does Vesak last?
- a. It lasts for a month.
- b. It lasts for two months.
- c. It lasts for two days.
- d. It lasts for three days.
Question 29. What do people do?
- a. They decorate their houses and streets.
- b. They give presents to monks and to poor people.
- c. They send each other cards.
- d. all are correct
Question 30. Which of the following is NOT true?
- a. Vesak is one of the festivals in the Buddhist tradition.
- b. Vesak is held from April to May.
- c. Buddhists held Vesak to celebrate the life of Buddha.
- d. Monks are given presents.
Question 31. What does ‘set free’ mean?
- a. let an animal go out of a cage
- b. take and hold an animal
- c. kill an animal
- d. run behind an animal and try to catch it