Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 8 Unit 14: Wonders of the world (P1)
Bài có đáp án. Câu hỏi và bài tập trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 8: Unit 14: Wonders of the world (P1). Học sinh luyện tập bằng cách chọn đáp án của mình trong từng câu hỏi. Dưới cùng của bài trắc nghiệm, có phần xem kết quả để biết bài làm của mình. Kéo xuống dưới để bắt đầu.
Choose the letter a, b, c or d the word that has the underlined part different from others.
- a. wonder
- b. construct
- c. compile
- d. honor
- a. reach
- b. team
- c. leader
- d. weather
- a. house
- b. council
- c. amount
- d. though
- a. shelter
- b. opera
- c. Stonehenge
- d. edge
- a. mistake
- b. pyramid
- c. advertisement
- d. marine
Choose the letter a, b, c or d to complete the sentences
Question 6: She asked me if the Opera house ______ in Sydney.
- a. is
- b. was
- c. be
- d. will be
Question 7: No country in the world is _____ than Russia.
- a. more big
- b. bigger
- c. biggest
- d. most big
Question 8: The Sahara is _______ desert in the world.
- a. bigger
- b. more big
- c. the biggest
- d. big
Question 9: He made me _____they had left the district.
- a. to believe
- b. believed
- c. believe
- d. believing
Question 10: I do not believe that this scheme is ____of our serious consideration.
- a. worthy
- b. worth
- c. worthwhile
- d. worthless
Question 11: We haven’t known who _____ the pyramid yet.
- a. constructed
- b. reached
- c. compiled
- d. honored
Question 12: She asked me if I _____ pop music
- a. like
- b. to like
- c. will like
- d. liked
Question 13: There are jungles in South America.
- a. large areas of land that is usually covered with sand
- b. forests in a very hot country
- c. big groups of tree
- d. pieces of land with water all around it
Question 14. Billy asked his teacher ____ he could read the story.
- a. if
- b. how
- c. that
- d. as
Question 15. It was always ____ his stories.
- a. interested to hear
- b. interesting to hear
- c. interested hearing
- d. interesting hearing
Choose the letter a, b, c or d to complete the sentences with given words
Question 16: Can/ you/ list/ name/ all/ World’s Heritages?
- a. Can you list the name of all World’s Heritages?
- b. Can you list the name all the World’s Heritages?
- c. Can you list name of all the World’s Heritages?
- d. Can you list the name of all the World’s Heritages?
Question 17: I/ call/ the/ travel agents/ now.
- a. I’m calling the travel agent now.
- b. I calling the travel agent now.
- c. I call the travel agent now.
- d. I’m call the travel agent now.
Question 18: I/ ask/ Lan/ if/ the/ Great Barrier Reef/ be/ World Heritage Site.
- a. I ask Lan if the Great Barrier Reef was a World Heritage Site.
- b. I ask Lan if the Great Barrier Reef was World Heritage Site.
- c. I asked Lan if the Great Barrier Reef was World Heritage Site.
- d. I asked Lan if the Great Barrier Reef was a World Heritage Site.
Question 19: I/ have never/ be/ more beautiful/ a waterfall/ before.
- a. I am have never a more beautiful waterfall before.
- b. I have never been to a more beautiful waterfall before.
- c. I have never be to a more beautiful waterfall before.
- d. I have never been a more beautiful waterfall before.
Question 20: Is/ Nile/ longest/ river/ world?
- a. Is the Nile the longest river in world?
- b. Is Nile the longest river in the world?
- c. Is the Nile longest river in the world?
- d. Is the Nile the longest river in the world?
Choose the word (a, b, c, or d) that best fits each of the blank spaces.
The Nile (Question 21) ____ in a stream which flows (Question 22) _____ Ruanda into Lake Victoria. (Question 23) _____ it leaves Lake Victoria, the river is known (Question 24) __ the White Nile and flows through the Sudan. (Question 25) ____ north it becomes the Nile and (Question 26) ____ through Egypt past Cairo into the Mediterranean Sea.
- a. begins
- b. swims
- c. flows
- d. dives
- a. since
- b. from
- c. on
- d. in
- a. When
- b. While
- c. Although
- d. However
- a. like
- b. so
- c. as
- d. the same
- a. Farther
- b. Further
- c. Farer
- d. a & b
- a. flow
- b. flows
- c. flowing
- d. is flowing
Read the following passage and choose the item (a, b, c, or d) that best answers each of the questions about it.
In the second century BC, the Greek historian Antipater wrote a list of the seven greatest wonders of the ancient world; of these, only the Great Pyramid has survived. Sometimes however, civilizations can be rediscovered — and this is what happened when Borobudur, often called the eighth wonder of the world, was found again in the jungles of Java, south-east Asia.
It was in 1814 that Thomas Raffles became Governor of the island of Java. Unlike many other Europeans, he was interested in the history of the country and spent his time collecting as much information as he could.
In 1815, Thomas Raffles set off with a small party to see what he could find. They traveled for many weeks, and finally arrived at the site of Borobudur. Raffles was astonished by what he found. In front of him, almost covered by the plants and tall trees of the jungle, was one of the most magnificent buildings he had ever seen.
Question 27. Thomas Raffles ____.
- a. was Governor of the island of Java
- b. was the one who rediscovered Borobudur
- c. was interested in the history of the country
- d. all are correct
Question 28. What does the word ‘wonder’ mean?
- a. a feeling of surprise and admiration
- b. something that causes you to feel surprise or admiration
- c. a place in a desert that has trees and water
- d. a thing that is built to help people remember a person
Question 29. Raffles rediscovered Borobudur ____.
- a. in 1814
- b. in 1815
- c. after many weeks traveling in the jungle
- d. b & c
Question 30. Borobudur was ____.
- a. one of the seven greatest wonders of the ancient world
- b. called the eighth wonder of the world
- c. built in the second century BC
- d. all are correct
Question 31. Which of the following is NOT true?
- a. A Greek historian wrote a list of the seven greatest wonders of the ancient world.
- b. Most of the European were not interested in the history of Java.
- c. Java is the name of an island.
- d. Thomas Raffles rediscovered Borobudur by accident.