Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 8 Unit 2: Making arrangements (P1)
Bài có đáp án. Câu hỏi và bài tập trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 8: Unit 2: Making arrangements (P1). Học sinh luyện tập bằng cách chọn đáp án của mình trong từng câu hỏi. Dưới cùng của bài trắc nghiệm, có phần xem kết quả để biết bài làm của mình. Kéo xuống dưới để bắt đầu.
Choose the word that has the underlined part pronounced differently from the others.
- a. make
- b. racket
- c. arrange
- d. stationary
- a. fishing
- b. mobile
- c. right
- d. hide
- a. hold
- b. rod
- c. sociable
- d. mobile
- a. emigrate
- b. distant
- c. assistant
- d. device
- a. agree
- b. perhaps
- c. racket
- d. transmit
Choose the word or phrase that best completes each unfinished sentence below or substitutes for the underlined word or phrase.
Question 6: Mary, you_____ the exam if you don’t work more.
- a. will fail
- b. are failing
- c. fail
- d. failed
Question 7: I thought I heard a noise ___.
- a. upstair
- b. upstairs
- c. Ø
- d. b & c
Question 8: I'll ask my personal ___ to deal with this.
- a. assist
- b. assistant
- c. assistance
- d. assisting
Question 9: Look! The baby__ going to eat the dog’s food!
- a. is
- b. was
- c. are
- d. were
Question 10: Don’t come in. Please wait ____ for a few minutes.
- a. inside
- b. outside
- c. insides
- d. outsides
Question 11: I'll come ___ to pick her up.
- a. in
- b. on
- c. over
- d. up
Question 12: There are many ways _____ doing it.
- a. of
- b. for
- c. to
- d. about
Question 13: They found some electrical ___ in the room.
- a. devices
- b. device
- c. advices
- d. advice
Question 14: The school decided to try an ___ in language teaching.
- a. experimented
- b. experiment
- c. experiments
- d. experimental
Question 15: I tried to phone him countless times but he wasn’t there.
- a. few
- b. little
- c. much
- d. many
Choose the letter A, B, C or D to complete the sentences with given words
Question 16: My friend/ never/ ride/ horse/ before.
- a. My friend never ridden a horse before.
- b. My friend never rode a horse before.
- c. My friend has never ridden a horse before.
- d. My friend had never ridden a horse before.
Question 17: How many/ picture/ there/ wall?
- a. How many pictures is there in the wall?
- b. How many pictures are there on the wall?
- c. How many picture is there on the wall?
- d. How many picture are there in the wall?
Question 18: My uncle/ live/ countryside/ family.
- a. My uncle live in the countryside family.
- b. My uncle lives in the countryside with her family.
- c. My uncle lives in the countryside with his family.
- d. My uncle live in the countryside to family.
Question 19: Her cat/ play with/ ball/ under/ table now.
- a. Her cat plays with the ball under the table now.
- b. Her cat is playing with a ball under the table now.
- c. Her cat play with a ball under the table now.
- d. Her cat is playing with the ball under table now.
Question 20: Could you/ show/ me/ way/ cinema, please?
- a. Could you show me way to the cinema, please?
- b. Could you to show me the way to the cinema, please?
- c. Could you show me the way to the cinema, please?
- d. Could you to show me way to cinema, please?
Choose the word (a, b, c, or d) that best fits each of the blank
Secretary: Hello. Grant and Lee.
Ms. Curtis: May I speak (Question 21) ____ Ms. Grace Schmidt, please?
Secretary: I’m sorry. She’s (Question 22) ____. Can I (Question 23) ___ a message?
Ms. Curtis: Yes, please. This is Ms. Curtis. Would you (Question 24) ___ her that I’m staying at the Plaza Hotel? The (Question 25) ___ is 735-9001, Room 605. Could you tell her to call me?
Secretary: OK, Ms. Curtis. I’ll give her the (Question 26) _____.
Ms. Curtis: Thank you very much. Goodbye.
- a. with
- b. to
- c. about
- d. Ø
- a. in
- b. out
- c. upstairs
- d. downstairs
- a. take
- b. leave
- c. give
- d. hear
- a. ask
- b. tell
- c. talk
- d. speak
- a. number
- b. numbers
- c. address
- d. place
- a. telephone
- b. note
- c. news
- d. message
Read the following passage and choose the item (a, b, c, or d) that best answers each of the questions about it.
You may use the telephone every day but how much do you know about it? The telephone was invented by Alexander Bell in 1876. Bell was born in Scotland in 1847. But later he went to live in the USA.
Bell was always interested in sound. He wanted to be able to send sound through a wire. He had a workshop in his house in America and did many experiences there.
One day, he was doing an experiment in his workshop. He was careless and spilt some burning liquid onto his clothes. Talking into his telephone, Bell said, ‘Mr. Watson, I want you to come over here immediately, please.’ His assistant was in another room far away from the workshop. However, he heard Bell clearly on his own telephone. Quickly, he ran to Bell’s workshop. ‘Mr. Bell, I heard every word you said!’ Watson shouted excitedly.
Bell succeeded. He invented the first telephone. Later, other inventors made better ones.
Question 27. We can replace the phrase ‘went to live in’ with ___.
- a. ‘came up with’
- b. ‘emigrated to
- c. ‘led to’
- d. ‘traveled all over'
Question 28: What does the word ‘assistant’ mean?
- a. a person who helps
- b. a person who teaches
- c. a person who learns
- d. a person who works
Question 29: Mr. Watson ____.
- a. was Bell’s brother
- b. heard Bell clearly on his own telephone
- c. was careless
- d. was born in Scotland
Question 30: What does the word "ones" refer to?
- a. rooms
- b. workshops
- c. telephones
- d. inventions
Question 31: Which of the following is Not true?
- a. Alexander G. Bell invented the telephone in 1876.
- b. Bell had a workshop in his house in America.
- c. Bell didn't conduct many experiments
- d. Bell was always interested in sound.