Trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 8 Unit 8: Country life and city life (P1)
Bài có đáp án. Câu hỏi và bài tập trắc nghiệm tiếng anh 8: Unit 8: Country life and city life (P1). Học sinh luyện tập bằng cách chọn đáp án của mình trong từng câu hỏi. Dưới cùng của bài trắc nghiệm, có phần xem kết quả để biết bài làm của mình. Kéo xuống dưới để bắt đầu.
Choose the letter a, b, c or d the word that has the underlined part different from others.
- a. urban
- b. migrant
- c. traffic
- d. relative
- a. government
- b. comfortable
- c. company
- d. remote
- a. away
- b. rural
- c. delay
- d. strain
- a. typhoon
- b. country
- c. tragedy
- d. definitely
- a. flood
- b. good
- c. foot
- d. cook
Choose the letter a, b, c or d to complete the sentences
Question 6: Max says life in the countryside is ____ than he expected.
- a. more convenient
- b. convenient
- c. the convenient
- d. most convenient
Question 7: You can join the club when you ____ a bit older.
- a. will have got
- b. will get
- c. get
- d. are getting
Question 8: We are going to have a picnic _____ the bad weather.
- a. because
- b. despite
- c. although
- d. because of
Question 9: This dress is the ______ expensive of the two dresses.
- a. best
- b. more
- c. most
- d. the most
Question 10: People in urban area have to suffer from ____ jam.
- a. traffic
- b. fresh
- c. migrant
- d. remote
Question 11: The coffee was _____ to drink.
- a. so strong
- b. strong
- c. enough strong
- d. too strong
Question 12. Italy ___ France in tomorrow’s final.
- a. has played
- b. played
- c. is playing
- d. play
Question 13. People used to believe that the world was flat.
- a. think
- b. say
- c. claim
- d. hear
Question 14. ____ is a long time when there is not enough rain.
- a. Storm
- b. Drought
- c. Typhoon
- d. Flood
Question 15: Strawberries are ___ at the moment.
- a. a lot of
- b. plentiful
- c. much
- d. many
Rewrite sentences without changing the meaning
Question 16: No one in the class is more intelligent than Long.
- a. Long is the most intelligent student in the class.
- b. Every student in the class is more intelligent than Long.
- c. Long is not intelligent at all.
- d. The least intelligent student in the class is Long.
Question 17: What is her opinion of the countryside?
- a. How often does she go to the countryside?
- b. What does she think of the countryside?
- c. When will she go to the countryside?
- d. Why is her opinion of the countryside bad?
Question 18: I prefer the city because life in the city is more comfortable than the country.
- a. Life in the city is more comfortable than the country so I prefer the city.
- b. Life in the city is more comfortable than the country though I prefer the city.
- c. Life in the city is more comfortable than the country as I prefer the city.
- d. Life in the city is more comfortable than the country but I prefer the city.
Question 19: I find cooking in my free time relaxing.
- a. It’s relaxing to me to cook in my free time.
- b. Cooking is relaxing for free time.
- c. Free time relaxing is cooking.
- d. I spend cooking my free time.
Question 20: I close friend gave me a wonderful present on my birthday.
- a. I gave my friend a wonderful present on my birthday.
- b. I was given a wonderful present on my birthday.
- c. A wonderful present was given me on my birthday.
- d. My birthday gave a wonderful present.
Choose the word (a, b, c, or d) that best fits each of the blank spaces.
We live in Yorkshire, (Question 21) ___ a farm in the country. The farmhouse is quite an old (Question 22)____. It’s about 250 years old, I think. There arent many houses near us. There’s a pub in the village about three miles (Question 23) ____, but we’re over twenty miles from the (Question 24) ____ town. That can (Question 25) ___ difficult for shopping, but we love it here. It’s very (Question 26) ___, there’s no traffic, and the view is wonderful.
- a. on
- b. in
- c. at
- d. a & c
- a. flat
- b. apartment
- c. room
- d. building
- a. apart
- b. away
- c. far
- d. from
- a. near
- b. nearer
- c. nearest
- d. most near
- a. be
- b. is
- c. are
- d. was
- a. quite
- b. quiet
- c. peaceful
- d. b & c
Read the following passage and choose the item (a, b, c, or d) that best answers each of the questions about it.
I live in Cairo, which is the capital of Egypt. There are more than ten million people here. A lot of them have come from the countryside because there are more jobs here.
I live in an apartment near the city center. It is a busy, exciting place. It has cinemas and shops, but unfortunately there is a lot of traffic too. Many tourists come from all over the world to see the Pyramids, which are near the city.
I like Cairo because it is big and exciting. I have a lot of friends and it is easy to meet new people. I am glad that I live here, but my mother doesn’t like it. She used to live in the countryside, and she would like to go back one day.
Question 27: Cairo___.
- a. is a village
- b. is the capital of Egypt
- c. has more than ten million people
- d. b & c are correct
Question 28: Why do people go to Cairo?
- a. Because there are more jobs in Cairo than in the countryside.
- b. Because they want to see the Pyramids.
- c. Because there is a lot of traffic in Cairo.
- d. a & b are correct
Question 29: We can replace the word ‘tourists’ with the word ___.
- a. 'newcomers’
- b. ‘visitors’
- c. ‘guests’
- d. ‘friends’
Question 30. The author likes Cairo because ___.
- a. it is big
- b. it is exciting
- c. he thinks it is easy to meet new people there
- d. all are correct
Question 31: Which of the following is NOT true?
- a.The author has a lot of friends.
- b. The author likes to meet new people.
- c. The author lives in a villa.
- d.The author’s mother doesn’t like to live there.