Skills 2 Unit 3: Peoples in Viet Nam
Phần kỹ năng 2 luyện tập cho bạn học về hai kỹ năng nghe và viết. Bài viết dưới đây cung cấp những gợi ý cũng như hướng dẫn giải bài tập trong sách giáo khoa
1. Answer the questions.
- 1. Do you like sticky rice? Yes, I do
- 2. When do we traditionally have sticky rice? Special occations
2. Listen to the passage and tick (✔) true (T) or false (F).
1. Five-coloured sitcky rice is a traditional dish
2. Five-coloured sticky rice is made with chemiscals.
3. The colours represent the elements of life
4. These elements create harmony between people
5. This rice is only made when there are guests.
3. Listen again and complete the sentences.
1. Five-coloured sticky rice is made by ethnic minorities in the northern _____ mountainous ___ regions.
2. The dish has five colours: red, yellow, green, ___ purple / black ____ and white.
3. It is made using ____ plants ____ roots and leaves.
4. The green colour symbolises _____ natural ____.
5. Five-coloured sticky rice is made on special occasions, for festivals and _____ ceremonies ________
4. Read the notes on how to make yellow sticky rice.
- Stick rice: 500g
- Turmeric: three tbsp extract
- Shredded coconut: one cup
- Salt: 1/4 tsp
- 1. Soak sticky rice - water - five hours +
- 2. Rinse rice - drain
- 3. Mix well w/ turmeric extract, wait - 10 mins.
- 4. Add coconut + salt - mix well
- 5. Steam - 30 mins - check cooked
- 6. Serve
5. Change the notes into cooking steps to show a foreign visitor how to make yellow sticky rice.
Organising your ideas
Introducing your dish
- This is a very easy dish to make
- Try this delicious recipe
Signposting the cooking steps
- First, Then, Next, After that, Finally
- Once the (rice is rinsed), (add) the (salt)
- Remember to…
- Don’t forget to…
- Try to…
- Serve this dish with…
- This dish is delicious with…
- This delicious dish is very easy to make.
- First, you need to soak the sticky rice for at least five hours…
B. BÀI TẬP VÀ HƯỚNG DẪN GIẢI
Kiến thức thú vị
4. Read the notes on how to make yellow sticky rice. (Đọc những ghi chú về cách làm xôi màu vàng.)
5. Change the notes into cooking steps to show a foreign visitor how to make yellow sticky rice. (Chuyển từ ghi chú trên thành các bước nấu nướng để chỉ cho một du khách ngoại quốc biết cách làm xôi màu vàng.)
Xem thêm bài viết khác
- Getting started Unit 4: Our customs and traditions
- Skills 1 Unit 3: Peoples in Viet Nam
- A closer look 1 Unit 6: Folk tales
- Getting started Unit 5: Festivals in Viet Nam
- A closer look 2 Unit 5: Festivals in Viet Nam
- Looking back Unit 3: Peoples of Viet Nam
- Communication Unit 3: Peoples of Viet Nam
- Looking back Unit 1: Leisure activities
- A closer look 1 Unit 4: Our custons and traditions
- Work in pair. Discuss with your partner the festival in Viet Nam that you like best. Use the word web below to take notes. Now use the notes to write an article about this festival for the school website.
- Project Unit 5: Festivals in Viet Nam
- A closer look 1 Unit 3: Peoples in Viet Nam