Skills 1 Unit 3: Peoples in Viet Nam
Skills 1 Unit 3: Peoples in Viet Nam. Phần kỹ năng luyện tập cho bạn đọc hai kĩ năng đọc và nói. Bài viết dưới đây cung cấp những gợi ý cũng như hướng dẫn giải bài tập trong sách giáo khoa.
1. Work in pair. Answer the questions.
Làm việc theo cặp. Trả lời những câu hỏi.
The Thai have a population of about one and a half million people living in the provinces of Lai Chau, Son La, Yen Bai, Hoa Binh, Thanh Hoa, and Nghe An. The Thai language belongs to the Tay- Thai group.
The Thai are experienced farmers. They dig canals to bring water to their fields. Their main food is rice, especially sticky rice. The Thai also grow other crops on burnt- out land. They raise cattle and poultry for their own use. They also make bamboo items, and weave cloth. Thai cloth is well- known for being unique, colourful and strong.
Recently, Thai men prefer to wear the Kinh’s style of dress, while Thai women keep their traditional costumes including short blouses, long skirts, scarves and ornaments. The Thai live in houses on stilts. Their villages comprise 40 to 50 houses, usually built side by side
The Thai worship their ancestors. Every year, they hold festivals and ceremonies with alternating songs between boys and girls, and many traditional games
Work in pair. Answer the questions.
- 1. Where do the Thai people live?
They live in the provinces of Lai Chau, Son La, Yen Bai, Hoa Binh, Thanh Hoa, and Nghe An. in the provinces of Lai Chau, Son La, Yen Bai, Hoa Binh, Thanh Hoa, and Nghe An.
- 2. What is their population?
The Thai have a population of about one and a half million people.
2. Complete each sentences, using a word from the text
Hoàn thành mỗi câu, sử dụng một từ từ bài văn.
- 1. The Thai are good………… farmers ………. they grow different crops.
- 2. They can make household items from the ……… bamboo ………...tree.
- 3. The Thai live in……… stilt …….. houses.
- 4. They have a rich culture including folk ……… songs …….. and games.
- 5. Many festivals and………… ceremonies …………… are held by the Thai people every year.
3. Answer the questions
Trả lời những câu hỏi.
- 1. Do the Thai people have their own language?
Yes, they do.
- 2. What is the main food of the Thai people?
Their main food is rice.
- 3. What is the Thai cloth well- known for?
It is well-known for being unique, colourful and strong.
- 4. Which still wear their traditional costumes, Thai men or Thai women
Thai women do.
- 5. Who do the Thai worship?
They worship their ancestors.
4. Read some facts about the Bru-Van Kieu people and the Khmer people.
Đọc vài việc về dân tộc Bru - VânKiều và người Khơ Me.
The Bru-Van Kieu people
- Population: about 74,500
- Regions: Quang Binh, Quang Tri, Thua Thien – Hue
- Language: Mon-Khmer group
- Production activities: growing rice, terraced fields, raising cattle and poultry
- Festivals: ceremony held before sowing seeds
The Khmer people
- Population: about 1,260,600
- Regions: provinces of Mekong Delta
- Language: Mon-Khmer group, writing system
- Production activities: growing rice, raising cattle and poultry, making sugar
- Festivals: two main holidays:
- Chaul Chnam Thmey (New Year) and Greeting-the-Moon festival
Work in group. Choose one of the two ethnic groups and talk about it.
5. Talk about YOUR own ethnic group.
Nói về nhóm dân tộc riêng của bạn.