Listening Unit 3: A party Bữa tiệc
Phần listening hướng dẫn cách làm bài nghe với chủ đề bữa tiệc. Bài viết cung cấp các từ vựng, cấu trúc cần lưu ý cũng như gợi ý giải bài tập phần listening trong sách giáo khoa.
While you listen
I. Từ vựng:
- elly (n) ['dʒeli]: thạch (thực phẩm có hương vị trái cây được đng lại)
- judge (n) ['dʒʌdʒ]: thẩm phán
- lemonade (n) [,lemə'neid]: nước chanh
- mention (v) ['men∫n]: đề cập
II. Cấu trúc cần lưu ý
- tidy up (v) ['taidi]: dọn dẹp
III. Hướng dẫn giải bài tập:
1. Before you listen:
- 1. When do you like to organize your birthday party, during the day or in the evening?
(Thời điểm nào bạn muốn tổ chức tiệc, ban ngày hay buổi tối?)
->I'd like to organize my birthday party in the evening.
- 2. What foods and drinks are often served al your birthday party?
(Loại thức ăn và đồ uống nào bạn thường đãi khách trong bừa tiệc sinh nhật của bạn?)
-> At my birthday party I usually serve fruit, candy, soft drinks and cake, of course.
- 3. What activities do you often have at your birthday party?
(Hoạt động nào bạn thường tổ chức trong bữa tiệc sinh nhật của bạn?)
-> We usually sing our favourite songs.
Listen and repeat:
- Gathering: thu thập, tụ họp
- Decorated: trang trí
- Restaurant: nhà hàng
- Icing: Ướp đá
- Prize: phân thưởng
- Slice: lát, miếng
- Birthday: sinh nhật
- Clapped: vỗ
2. While you listen:
Tapescript: Dưới đây là nội dung bài nghe:
Mai is my neighbor. She turned 16 recently and her parents held a birthday party for her. I was one of those invited.
The party began at about three in the afternoon. There were about twenty of us gathering in Mars house. She didn't like having the party at a restaurant because it is noisy and expensive.
We gave presents to Mai and she happily opened them. It must really be exciting to receive all those presents. After that Mai's mother served us soft drinks and biscuits. We then listened to music and played cards. The winners were given prizes. At about four thirty Mai's mother brought out the birthday cake. It was beautifully decorated with pink and white icing. Sixteen colourful candles sat in the middies of the cake. We all clapped our hands eagerly and sang “Happy Birthday" as she blew out the candles and cut the cake. We helped ourselves to slice of the delicious cake and sang all the songs that we knew.
Task 1. Listen and decide whether the statements are true (T) or false (F). (Nghe và quyết định xem các câu sau đúng hay sai.)
1. Mai's birthday party was held at home in the evening
2. Over twenty guests were at the birthday parts
3. The birthday cake was cut at the beginning of the party.
4. The birthday party lasted about three hours.
5. All the friends stayed after the party to tidy up the mess.
Task 2. Listen again and answer the following questions. (Nghe lại lần nữa và trả lời các câu hỏi.)
- 1. How old was Mai?
—> She was 16 years old.
- 2. Why didn't she like having her party at a restaurant?
—> Because it's noisy and expensive.
- 3. What did Mai's mother serve the guests at the beginning of the party?
—> She served them soft drinks and biscuits at the beginning of the party.
- 4. What time was the birthday cake brought out?
—> The birthday cake was brought out at about 4:30.
- 5. What was the birthday cake like?
—> It was beautifully decorated with pink and white icing.
- 6. What did all the guests do while Mai was cutting the cake?
—> They clapped their hands eagerly and sang “HAPPY BIRTHDAY".
- 7. What time did the birthday party finish?
—> At about six in the evening.
3. After you listen
Work in groups. Take turns to talk about Mai’s birthday party. (Làm việc theo nhóm. Lần lượt kể lại bữa tiệc sinh nhật của Mai.)
Gợi ý hội thoại:
- A: Do you remember anything about Mai’s birthday?
- B: Yes, it started in the afternoon and there is about twenty people gathering together to celebrate her birthday party.
- A: How was Mai? Is she happy?
- B: Yes of course! She was so excited to receive and open presents from everyone
- A: Did you have any fun activity?
- B: Yes, we playing cards together, and winner will have a prize. After that, we clapped and sang “Happy birthday song”