Listening Unit 1: Home life Đời sống gia đình
Bài viết đưa ra những hướng dẫn, gợi ý và cách trả lời các câu hỏi cũng như nội dung vần nghe trong phần Listening giúp bạn học tham khảo và học tập tốt hơn phần kiến thức này.
Before you read: Listen and repeat.
Task 1: Đoạn hội thoại giữa Paul và Andrea
Task 2: Đoạn hội thoại giữa Paul và Andrea
I. Từ vựng:
- a kid : đứa trẻ
- coach : xe chở khách đường dài
- spread out : cover a large area: trải dài, tản ra
- leftover: thức ăn thừa
I. Cấu trúc cần lưu ý:
- to reserve sth (for sb/sth) [ri'zə:v] (v) = to book (v): đặt trước
- to sound + adj: nghe có vẻ
- to end up: kết thúc
- to get together: họp lại
- all over the place: khắp mọi nơi
III. Hướng dẫn giải bài tập
1. Before you listen
- Look at the picture below and describe what is happening in it.
(Nhìn vào hình dưới đây hãy mô tả điều gì đang xảy ra.)
The picture shows the scence of the reunion of a family having many generations with a big meal. We can see the happy look on every family member’s face.
- Listen and repeat (nghe và nhắc lại):
Flight: Chuyến bay
Coach: áo khoác
Rarely: Hiếm khi
Close-knit: Khăng khít
Spread out: chia tách
Leftovers: Phần đồ ăn thừa
Crowed: đông đúc
2. While you listen:
Tapescrip: Đây là toàn bộ nội dung của cuộc hội thoại mà bạn sẽ nghe:
- Paul: So Andrea, you're going home for the holiday?
- Andrea: I am sure. I’ve booked a flight tomorrow afternoon and I can't wait.
- Paul:That sounds great.
- Andrea: What about you? Going home, too?
- Paul: I haven't decided yet. I'm still considering ....
- Andrea: Haven’t decided yet? Oh, you’re never going to get a flight out of here. All the seats have been reserved by now I’m sure. It's the holiday season, after nil.
- Paul: Well, it's not very important to me. My family lives about 180 kilometer from here. I usually take the train or the coach.
- Andrea: You don't sound excited about it.
- Paul: Well we are not really a very close-knit family. I have three brothers, and they're spread out all over the place. We rarely get together as a family any more.
- Andrea: Well I try to get home as soon as possible. We’re a big family — there are six of us - children - so it's always a lot of fun.
- Paul: Six kids?
- Andrea: Yes. And we're all really close. My brothers are married, so it makes for a very crowded home over the holiday. And there are too many people to cook for. so we end up going out to dinner a lot. That's also fun.
- Paul: Well, at my home, my Mother loves to cook so when we get home, she often cooks big meals. We have leftovers fur days.
Task 1: Listen to the conversation between Paul and Andrea and decide whether the statements are true (T) or false (F).
(Nghe đoạn hội thoại giữa Paul và Andrea rồi quyết định các câu sau đây là đúng (T) hay là sai (F) ).
1. Andrea can’t wait for her flight.
2. Paul is very excited about coming home.
3. Paul’s home is 280 kilometers from where they are now.
4. There are more children in Andrea’s family than in Paul’s
5. When Andrea's family get together, they often go out for dinner.
Task 2: Listen again and note down two things that are different about Paul’s and Andrea’s families.
(nghe lại và ghi lại những điều khác biệt về gia đình họ)
l - His family members are not very close
l. He lives in a very close-knit family.
2. The family often have the big meal the mother cooks at home.
2. The family often go out 10 cat when they get together.
3. After you listen:
Work in groups. Discuss the importance of family in a person s life.
(Làm việc từng nhóm. Thảo luận tậm quan trọng của gia đình trong cuộc đời mỗi người.)
Gợi ý câu trả lời:
Family is playing an important role in our lives. Many people will not hesitate to say that family is the most important part of them, so that they can do everything for it. Family is the first entity that brings up, socializes and affect to the development of your characteristics. And it also the most secure place in the world that you are fulfilly supported and taken care of. Moreover, without family there is no society because family is one of the most important and essensial part of society.