Reading Unit 1: Home life Đời sống gia đình
Đây là chương mở đầu của chương trình tiếng Anh lớp 12, xoay quanh chủ đề cuộc sống gia đình - một chủ đề khá quen thuộc và gần gũi. Bài viết cung cấp những từ vựng, cấu trúc cần học cũng như hướng dẫn cách làm các bài tập trong phần A - Reading.
Bài reading Unit 1: Home life
I. Từ vựng có trong bài học:
Dưới đây là các từ mới sử dụng trong phần Reading:
- shift [∫ift] (n): ca, kíp
- biologist [bai'ɔlədʒist] (n): nhà sinh vật học
- responsibility [ri,spɔnsə'biləti] (n): trách nhiệm
- household chores (n); việc nhà, việc vặt trong nhà
- attempt [ə'tempt]: sự cố gắng
- mischievous ['mist∫ivəs] (adj): tinh nghịch, tai quái
- close-knit ['klousnit]:gắn bó với nhau (về tình cảm, quyền lợi)
II. Cấu trúc cần lưu ý trong bài học:
- to join hands: nắm tay nhau, cùng nhau
- to take/assume the responsibility to sb for sth: chịu trách nhiệm với ai về điều gì đó
- to run the household: trông nom việc nhà
- to be willing (to do sth) : sẵn sàng làm cái gì
- to give a hand: giúp một tay
- to win a place at university: thi đỗ vào trường đại học
- to take out the garbage: đổ rác
III. Hướng dẫn giải bài tập
1. Before you read
Hỏi và trả lời các câu sau:
- 1. Where is the family?
The family is sitting in their living room
- 2. What is each member of the family doing?
The father is playing with the son and the mother is helping the girl with her study.
- 3.Is the family happy? Why (not)?
It's a happy and closely-knit family, everyone of which loves and helps one another.
2. While you read:
Đây là bài đọc của unit trong sách giáo khoa:
I come from a family of five people : my parents , my two younger brothers and I . My mother works as a nurse in a big hospital. She has to work a long hours and once a week she has to work on a night shift . My father is a biologist . He works from 8 am to 5 pm in a lab , but sometimes when there is a project he doesn’t come home until very late at night . Althought my parents are very busy at work, they try to spend as muck time for their childrens as possible . It is generally believed the “ men make house and women make home “ but in my family , both parents join hands to give us a nice hoyuse and a happy hime.
My mother is a very caring woman . She takes the responsibility for running the household . She is always the first one to get up in the morning to make sure that we leave home for school with breakfast and in suitable clothers . In the afternoon , after hospital , she rushes to the market , the hurries home so that dinner is readdy on the table by the time Dad gets home. Dad is always willing to give a hand with cleaning the house . Unlike most men , he enjoys cooking. Sometimes , at weekends . he cooks us some special dishes. His eel soup is better than any other soups I have ever eatẹn.
As I am now in my final year at the secondary school, and in my attempt to win a place at university , I am under a lot of study pressure. However. Being the eldest child and the only daughter in the family I try ti help with household chores. My main reponsibility is to wash the dishes and take out the garbege. I also look after the boys , who are quite active and mischievous sometimes, but most of the time they are quite obedient and hard-working . They love joining my father in mending things around the house ar weekend.
We are a very close-knit family and very supportive of one another. We often share our feelings , and whenever problems come up, we discuss them frankly and find solutions quickly. We always feel safe and secure in our family. It is a base frim which we can go into the world with confidence .
Task 1: Chọn đáp án có nghĩa sát nhất với các câu cho sẵn
1.He doesn't come home until very late at night. (Anh ấy không về nhà cho đến đêm muộn)
- A. He never comes home late at night.
- B. He comes home late at night. (Anh ấy về nhà lúc đêm muộn)
- C. He sometimes comes home late at night.
=> Chọn đáp án B
2. "Men build the house and women make it home" (Đàn ông xây nhà, đàn bà xây tổ ấm)
- A. Both men and women are good at building houses.
- B. Men and women have to live separately.
- C. Men’s responsibility is to work and support the family and women’s job is to look after the family. (Trách nhiệm của đàn ông là làm việc và hỗ trợ gia đình và công việc của phụ nữ là chăm sóc gia đình).
=> Chọn đáp án C
3. Our parents join hands to give us a nice house and a happy home. (Bố mẹ tôi cùng nhau chung tay để cho chúng tôi một ngôi nhà đẹp và hạnh phúc)
- A. Our parents work together to give us a nice house and a happy home. (Bố mẹ tôi cùng nhau chung tay để cho chúng tôi một ngôi nhà đẹp và hạnh phúc)
- B. Our parents take each other’s hands when they give us a nice house and a happy home.
- C. Our parents shake hands when they give us a nice house and a happy home.
=> Chọn đáp án A
4. The boys are mischievous sometimes. (Những cậu bé đôi khi rất tinh ranh, nghịch ngợm)
- A. The boys are well-behaved sometimes.
- B. The boys enjoy playing tricks and annoying people sometimes (Những cậu bé đôi khi dùng mánh khóe và làm mọi người khó chịu)
- C. The boys miss their parents sometimes.
=> Chọn đáp án B
5. We are a very close-knit family. (Chungs tôi là một gia đình rất khăng khít)
- A. Members of our family have very close relationships with each other. (các thành viên trong gia đình tôi có mối quan hệ rất gần gũi với những người khác)
- B. Members of our family need each other.
- C. Members of our family are never close to each other.
=> Chọn đáp án A
Task 2: Đọc và trả lời câu hỏi:
- 1. How busy are the parents in the passage?
The mother has to work a long hours and once a week she has to work on a night shift and the father works from 8 am to 5 pm in a lab , and sometimes when there is a project he doesn’t come home until very late at night.
- 2. How caring is the mother?
She’s always the first to get up in the morning to make sure her children can leave home for school with breakfast and in suitable clothes, and she always makes dinner ready before her husband gets home.
- 3. How do the father and the daughter share the household chores?
The father sometimes cooks some special dishes and mends things around the house at weekends. And the daughter helps with the household chores: washing up and taking out the garbage. She also takes care of her two younger brothers.
- 4.What is the daughter attempt to do after secondary school?
She attempts to win a seal in a university.
- 5. Why do the children feel they are safe and secure in their family?
Because they are a close-knit and supportive of one another, they often share their feelings and whenever problems come up, they discuss them frankly and quickly find solutions
3.After you read:
So sánh gia đình được miêu tả trong đoạn văn với gia đình của bạn
Dưới đây là một bài viết gợi ý cho các bạn tham khảo:
Unlike the family descibed in the text, my family as four people in my family: My father, my mother, my younger sister and I. My mother is an English teacher, she works quite far from home so that she has to go to work very early in the morning. My father is a doctor. He is very busy everyday, sometimes he has to work on a night shift, the same with the mother in the passage. In spite of being very busy with their job, my family always spend time together, especially at weekend. My parents take me and my sister out for dinner, and we also go to the cinema to watch some interesting movie.
My biggest goal this time is to pass the entrance exam of the university, so that I have to spend lots of time learning. However, my sister and I join hands to help my parents to do houseworks and cook meals when they come home late. The gaps between my sister and I is quite big, so we not very close-knit, but we love and always willing to help each other every time.
I do not spend much time talking with my parents about problems, and we all busy everyday. However, we spend time together as much as possible to build-up the family's relationships between members.